Chapter 38 – Rifting and shadows
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---A thousand years ago---

"What ever happens, don't.." he grimased in pain and drew after breath as he clenched his fist tight onto my Yukata. 

"What?" I yelled a bit panicked. An explosion went off behind us and rubble flew everywhere. My ears were ringing. I was thrown to the ground by the explosion. 

A gesture walked in the air. I watched him as he walked above the now almost completely destroyed town. Dead eyes. Like he was bored. Yeah, he's even gasping and stretching his arms up. He's looking right at me. His eyes glowing purple as his black and purple hair was waving in the wind with cat ears poking up. What is happening… 

I looked over at my dad… dad… He had been squashed under rubble. There were only flesh pieces poking out with blood simmering through the cracks in the stone. A hand sticking out, stiff. 

I felt tears all over my face. 

Have I been crying? 

I looked back up at the figure walking in the air. He launched a beam from his hand to the other side from which he'd struck recently. 

The ringing in my ears continued. I saw a few people running, most had lost limbs or were bleeding heavily from some damage. It looked like the blasts had annihilated our town and all the citizens. And he did it before anyone had time to react. 

Was this a god I had been looking at? 

He smiled at me. Aimed his hand in my direction. I closed my eyes, only seeing the black, listening to the ringing noise and feeling my tears on my cheeks as I awaited my death. 

Yes. This was it I thought, sobbing, alone among the misery, death and rubble of what was once the greatest town on the planet. 

I waited. Eyes closed. 

Suddenly the ringing stopped, fading back slowly to normal. I heard crying and screams low below the static noise that was slowly disappearing. 

What? Did he spare me? 

I opened my eyes and saw purple eyes staring at me right before me amidst the chaos. 

Purple iris surrounded by black. 

"Hey there." he said. 

Chapter 38 – Rifting and shadows

---Nana's perspective, present time. Location: purgatory---

"Hello, how's it going with the training?" it was dad's voice yelling from a fair distance away as he closed in. Abbadon flew up and stood straight in a salute. "woaw, shit. Where were you hiding Abbadon??" I looked surprised at him where he stood. All serious now. 

"I was laying next to you, my lady! Sorry!" he said in a serious manner. Haha ah. Explains why he spooned me as he flew up. 

Apollyon was chuckling, she walked over, now standing next to Abbadon. 

"Gonna get bored if you guys leave." she dried her eyes with her hand. 

"haha, I'm gonna miss you too for sure, you've been a great help. And entertaining in your own way." I smiled at her. I kinda wanna adopt her. I shook my head. No Nana, it's not just some cute pet, it's probably a just as powerful demon as Abbadon, if not stronger as she's dad's personal guard. I sighed with a smile. 

I got up and walked over and hugged Apollyon. She hugged me back, no protest or anything. Just silently hugged me back. Dad was closing in. 

"You've been a good student, do learn even more before next time, okay?" she smiled at me as we let go. I nodded. "Of course. Well, I still need to figure out the rift, but…" I scratched my head. "You did describe how to do it pretty damn well!" I winked at her. She giggled, holding a thumbs up in my direction. 

"Well true, I'll stay and make sure it's done right of course my lady!" She did a small happy jump or something and smiled as she slowly descended from the jump. Like she used a glide spell of some kind. I guess she realized that it's not goodbye just yet. Sigh. Well, she has been helpful, and she's damn cute. 

And who knows what I'd use Abbadon for if I was alone with him. Good thing she's here. Yes. Good. I coughed. "Yes, for sure." I mumbled inaudible. 

I was leaning my head to the side smiling at her. 

"Aah, so, how goes things? Apollyon told me you learned our language and was all set to try and open a rift now?" Dad looked proud and puffed out his chest as he spoke. When did she tell him that? Oh, telepathically, duh. Even I can do that. 

He kinda looked like his old self, dad I mean, if it weren't for the black spots that had appeared. And the extra tails. 

He merged the tails. I looked at him. Yeah he noticed I stared at them. I blushed a bit. Not sure why. 

He used to be really elegant with his red fur that glimmered so beautifully in the sun's rays. It would probably still glimmer of course if a sun were to appear in this weird place. Now it were as if there was a… dimmed light everywhere somehow. But I couldn't see any light source. But then again, a sea like a damn wall to one direction and a wall like a sky in the other, feeling like we're standing sideways in this purple rocky landscape. Mushroom forest. Bone dragons. Streams with zombie looking fish in that's mid air levitating. That there's light without a light source wouldn't be the weirdest thing compared. 

 

I looked at my dad. 

He still looked good but just more of a… dark vibes appearance. He acted just the same as always, so I was sure he always was himself before with mom. 

200cm tall or so, those long fox ears and nose pointing out. I'd say his chest was about 130cm, waist about 95cm or so. Shoulder to shoulder 149cm or so. And his arms or biceps was like, 60cm around. Almost the size of my waist, damn.. 

Wait, it looked like I got slimmer. Eh, oh well. 

 

(Nana is currently 177cm tall. Chest circumference 112cm, below boobs 80cm. Waist was 73cm. Ass was 107cm. It had changed a bit since last time she checked.) 

 

"Hello?" Dad waved his hand in front of my face, I staggered back "Aah, Yes! Yes, I know the language and the, umh, theory behind it yes!" I got a bit scared as I was lost in thought. I smiled a bit awkwardly, grasping my hands in front of me. 

Dad laughed and walked over and smacked me on my back. "Goood, that's my girl! I knew you'd survive!" he blinked at me. He knew I'd survive? What? I swear to fuck these demons and their 'Oh, you might die from it btw' teaching methods… 

A few, about 3, bigger Arachnids walked past us chatting a few meters away as my dad and I chatted. 

 

"äg, swr öe jybfwb'a sirrwe!"(that's the Kings daughter) 

"Oeubawaaäb?!" (The Princess?!) 

"Hä, cu aräbbäe ixg rurräe wb arybs! (Yes, let's stay and watch for a moment) 

" Hä, jäb vku jyk! "(yes, could be fun!) 

 

Arachnids, this particular species was Arachnomorbus. They were huge spider creatures. Maybe big like horses, a bit shimmering as you looked upon them. Your sight sort of fell through them, a built in defence that they'd camouflage into their surroundings. It didn't work towards me as I focused my gaze tho, but normally after a few seconds they'd disappeared from view. 

Huge hairy legs, kinda smooth bodies. Instead of being compact as a normal spider they had a torso growing up where the face would be on a normal spider, with big thorny clawed arms growing out, two on each side, four in total. 

A sort of humanlike-face but 6 eyes instead of 2 and this sort of weird spider looking mouth with pincers. They were normally pitch-black with purple spots it looked like, but their colors sort of changed a bit into what their surroundings colors were. 

They stood by some mushroom-looking plants, big as trees. Green and purple in color. Between us, that weird mist, smoke-thing floated like a river. Still weirded out more by that. Like, smoke looking water. Or water that looks like smoke? Now I'm confusing myself… 

I saw a few fishes jumping out of it, I think it were carp… Umh... Skeletons with some flesh randomly left in place.. Yeah a school of fish were swimming in the smoke. Okay. 

That's more creepy than the spiders. 

Dad snapped his fingers in front of my head. 

"Hey , we can fish another day. Let's see what you got shall we?" he laughed. "Just like your mother.." he shook his head. "Whaa?" I looked up confused. Oh fuck, yeah I zone out a lot… right, now that he mentioned it so did mom. 

 

"Yes, exactly like that haha.. Damn I miss her." He sighed and looked up to the.. Sky? I think. I'm not sure with this place. 

"Yeah, I miss her too." I patted dad on his arm. 

He quickly stroked away a tear with his arm and chuckled a bit. 

"Yes yes, anyway, shall we? Show me!" he smiled at me and patted my head. 

"Right!.." I smiled nervously. 

How was it... Imagine where I want to go... Okay, let's experiment with, behind dad?... His throne maybe... Yes, the throne! That's an easy image. 

I focused on the throne where I'd found dad when I arrived. 

Huge platform and that stone throne poking out in the center at the back. As if they chiseled the whole platform and throne out of a mountain peak. 

The throne itself wasn't very even, sure it looked okay to sit on for what it was. But pointy rocks pointed out on the sides and everywhere else except the place you'd sit and where the legs were supposed to rest. 

Ah, maybe to reinforce the whole, thorned king title? I forgot to ask what that means. 

Dad snapped his fingers. "You seem to be daydreaming again hun" he laughed. 

"Oh sorry, I'm ready!" I smiled. 

I had the picture clear in my mind. Now, focus on... Using the black hole as a sort of scissor to cut the material in front of me while imagining the place I want to go is behind that material which I am cutting... The material being just, air sort of... Right. Easy enough? 

My goal is behind the fabric I'm cutting. My goal is being this sheet of fabric in front of me. 

I raised my hands, holding my palms against each other, fingers pointing out. 

I moved the energy that is the black hole inside me into my fingertips and slid my hands down slowly, focusing on tearing... Well, tearing the fabric of... Reality I guess?... Gulp. Let's pray this goes well… I mean, what could go wrong, I'm just tearing a hole in reality. 

Sure enough, it sort of looked like I'd cut something apart! The spot I'd imagined as a sheet of fabric that were covering my destination slowly cut. Split. Dad smiled and laughed, smacking Abaddon on his back, sending him flying a few meters, crashing into a cluster of mushrooms the size of bushes. As he crashed into them, an explosion of gas filled the air around him. It was a sparkling purple gas, no clue what it was exactly though. I had to keep focus on what I did. Abbadon didn't seem to mind, he just got up and coughed a bit as he walked back. "Good one sir." he mumbled. "Eh, ops. I got excited. You gotta shape up if you're to protect my daughter! Keep training daily!" he glanced at him, chuckling. "Yes sir, of course!" he bowed before dad. 

Well, anyway. 

As magical energy started bursting out on each side of my hand which I had separated slightly from each other as I slid my hands further down, I smiled and let out a happy "iiiiiii, success!" for myself. 

Blue, purple, white and black mixed lightning looking energy on each side that held together above where I'd started to "rip" it, down to where I'd now ended. As if I'd cut a hole in a... Person? 

Then, the lightning would then be the edges of the skin where blood seeped out. Between was like, a black hole of sorts, just, pitch black that emanated a static noise, which would be exposed flesh. (it looked scary) 

It looked, like I shouldn't be doing it. Sort of like someone came up with a universe hack, to force things that shouldn't be able to happen. Which I would not be surprised if that was the case. 

"There!" I exclaimed, panting. Damn, that took a lot of energy. I didn't expect that. I started glowing pink and purple a bit. 

Dad laughed, Apollyon smiled and clapped excitedly and Abbadon clapped as he smiled, staring at me intensely with... Dead eyes... It looked like... 

"Good, that's my girl! I knew you were as amazing as your mother! Even more I suppose, you're half me after all!" he said as he ran up to me and hugged me, hard. Really hard. Damn dad, learn to control your strength. I heard my ribs crack. 

"ops! Sorry-y dear-r!" he yelled out sounding terrified as he jumped back and let go. 

"ouch. no... No worries..." fuck that hurt. I rubbed my tummy. Abbadon rushed up as dad had let go and put his hands on my belly, chanting "Jrösmfr Dlihhs!!"(Healing shadow) I heard a crack coming from inside my stomach. I yelled out in pain and fell over. Abbadon caught me in his arms. 

A shadow figure? I looked down and a shadow monster was grabbing through me with its pinsirs, it was a small human shape, but instead of arms it was spider looking pinsirs stabbing into me without causing any wound. It hurt like a bitch though, but my ribs somehow got back in place. The shadow was letting our weird gurgling sounds and some static noise. It was sort of see-through and not exactly solid, its body parts kinda detached and attached back randomly. I tried to grab it but my arm went through a hole in it that it created as I reached out. I grabbed Abaddon's arm and clenched it hard. 

"What the.. What the hell did you do?"

 

1