Chapter 43 – Let’s learn about healing
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43 - Let's learn about healing

 

We gathered in the morning to eat breakfast together, all of us. I woke up to Daeron cooking together with Lilith. Apparently they went up early together to cook for everyone! Yuna and Abbadon sat at the table looking hungry. Abbadon looked like his usual gloomy self, but hungry added to the look. Yuna was playing with some sort of magic, creating a tiny pink looking cloud she moved around, which Abbadon was staring at as she did it. 

They started serving Yuna and Abbadon, eggs and bacon. The usual breakfast choice. And a damn good choice it is. Eggs, can eat em jut fried, boiled or scrambled. Or if you can be bothered, add things to make em into something else. Anyhow, plenty of nutrition and tastes good. And bacon, the best meat-cut there is on a pig. We heard a bunch of rumours about some factory taking shortcuts, cheating of health codes, the whole thing. But they've never been caught about anything. Seen requests on the adventure guild board in their main hall a few times. Basically, a reward for investigating a company that produces meat. 98 out of a hundred times it's just someone who's against the meat industry that hopes the company will be shut down or something. But its still a paying job or request. Whatever you'd call it. 

There's been a case I remember about a company actually being shut down, but that was when I was a kid. Don't remember the details surrounding it. 

Well, anyway… 

 

I sighed. Fuck so sore. 

I drew out light energy to heal myself. A light-blue light started shining everywhere I was sore, super bright. I got kinda shocked by how bright it shone. Letting out a surprised "Wha?!"

Within a second I felt better though, effective stuff. Way better than it usually is for some reason. 

"if your body doesn't try to heal by itself after a night it's definitely not any injury you need to worry about my lady." Abbadon said without so much as a glance. He ate his bacon, by levitating it toward his mouth, then taking a bite, then letting it float close to his face until he was ready to take his next bite. Hum. Nice. I guess you figure things out if you live as long as he's lived. 

Yuna gazed at the bacon as if there was something she'd forgotten. Her cloud flew up in the ceiling and soared around at random. I guess that's a Celestial-magic made cloud then?... 

It looked like she let go of her control over it as it just seemed to be investigating the apartment right now. Wait, is it alive? I haven't used much celestial magic energy yet… 

 

"Oh right, what?" I looked at him with a raised brow. "Yeah," Abbadon said and shrugged while glancing at me. Then proceeding with his bacon eating. 

"Will my body heal on its own?" I got up and stretched. My wings expanded and hit the walls on each side of me. Just behind the back row of chairs at the kitchen table behind Yuna and Abbadon's backs. Yuna was deep in thought. "I remember something... I love… Bacon…" she mumbled to herself. No shit you love bacon. 

Abbadon looked at my wing. 

 

"Yes, what damage your resistances can't nullify will be healed slowly or if you just focus on regeneration a rapid recovery will most likely occur." he turned around on the chair, poked my wing as he kept talking. 

"It's a skill I sort of thought you'd have, my lady." his eyes went up and down my wing. "And know about, given how trouble seems to just find you." he mumbled. Then dark energy started to flow out of him and towards one of his hands, building up a claw on one finger which he held up in the air. Much like the claws I got, or get, when I went full on attack-hate-mode against the last shrine. Or as I've called it, my 'black armor.' Wonder if it'll be half darkness half light now since my… Skin condition… cough. 

I gazed at his hand as it built up the claw. 

"Wait, can you also make... Armor or whatever, with darkness? That looks jus-" I got interrupted by a sharp pain going through me as he suddenly sliced my wing. He sliced it clean off with the claw, right down the middle of it. I screamed out in pain, and as I did magic sort of flew at me and merged into me at a rapid pace. It looked like white and black 'ash'-looking particles. 

 

Daeron and Lilith turned around rapidly as I screamed in pain. Lilith drew her sword, it's a reflex for her I guess. She's drawn her sword at me before when I've screamed. 

I fell to my knees, I felt pain, hate. Fuck this guy and his damn 'beat me until I learn' methods. What the fuck is wrong with just good old explaining?! Damn! 

 

The hate… My left side glowed purple and right side glowed pink, and It sorta flowed together, overlapping a bit in the middle. As all I could think was partially panic: (In my mind, an all Light/Celestial version of me was yelling “he fucking split my wing. Is it ever gonna grow back? Did he cripple my newly discovered body part forever?" while a darkness/demonic version of me yelled back “Yea, I know right?! That fucking fucker!” while I sat in between the two of them, or me…? Very confused. “Did my mind just break?” I said in between the two of them in my head.)

And partially I felt hate, that fucker. 

("He was supposed to be my guard, and he goes and pulls this crap?!" - the darkness/demonic me yelled with the light/celestial me nodded in agreement with an angry expression.) As that circulated in my mind, magic had begun pouring up from the ground circulating around me at different distances. The cut off part of my wing was surrounded and the magical particles broke it down to just magical particles. 

Meanwhile, magical power attached where the wing had been, a glowing pink mass built out the wing exactly as it had been, then with a boom the wing was back! A shock wave of magic particles rippled out from me, making everyone stagger back a bit except Abbadon who just sat there watching while eating his bacon. My mind was quiet again.

 

Good as new. And I had a storm of magical energy around me. Parts had attached, I had the huge clawed arm from before on my left arm. Hadn't even noticed... On my right something similar was attached. 

The right side had built a huge arm as well, but it was clean. White. With long pink glowing claws. 

The "hands" on each side were as big as my torso at least, similar to the black armor, my arms became twice as long and grew out a spike at the elbow. They matched sort of. But the black one was a tad different. 

The black one had purple toned black thorns everywhere and the claws were in a bright glowing purple now. Like it somehow got more purple and stylish in design? Is it because of demonic power? Yeah must be… 

The white one was clean, with very shiny pink claws. Both sides of me oozed magical power, black, white, purple and pink particles rained upwards looking like ash from a very weird fire. 

"Interesting. So, you got the archdemon power to transform combined with something similar." He took a sip of a coffee cup. When did he get coffee? 

"It seems the light drenched side wants to use the celestial transformation, but your demonic takes over in how it's going to take shape." Abbadon was in front of me inspecting both sides, coffee cup in hand. 

 

"What the hell.. Could you warn me next time?!" I smacked at him with my left arm. He just held up his hand and caught it as if it was nothing.

"Now now... you did heal, didn't you? Like a celestial. This confirms you got celestial skills. You took your body part, made it into magic and built it back up." he pointed at the wing. 

"Wait... Is that... I just acted on instinct. I think." I mumbled then stared down at my hands. The magical power detached, meaning the claws disintegrated into magical particles and then it merged into me. 

He chuckled. Daeron and Lilith had gone back to making breakfast, mumbling something inaudible. 

“And the, white and pink mix, probably celestial power in it.” He said. I looked up at him.

"And the power surging out during your self-defence reactions merges with you afterwards." He smiled. "You could probably reshape your emergency form into the celestial variant too I bet.. And, that's something you can bring forth at any time, if you just learn how." Abbadon said and poured out demonic magic, forming a monstrous arm of his own that began expanding at the shoulder. 

It built a big shoulder plate with thorns sticking out, his upper arm got coated in a layer of magic too, adding thorns all the way on the arm out to the gigantic clawed hands that formed in place of his normal ones. He also had a spike by the elbows. 

It looked like my transformation but he built up extra mass all the way from the shoulder with something that looked like huge veins reaching for his throat that rested outside the skin, so, not starting from the forearm like mine did. I guess mine is a bit rusty, or a beginner version might be more accurate to call it.

"Look here.'' He reshaped it. It became white, smooth. Not oversized and brutal. The hand shrunk but some mass stayed, forming a blade above the hand sticking out. It was a shining pink blade that oozed magic. Then a plate piece looking white thing covered his forearm.. His shoulder plate became white and a pink aura surrounded all of his white magical power made armor. Waaait, can he use celestial magic?

"this is just an example though, but." he removed it all, compressed it into a small ball of magic and looked at it for a moment as he spoke. 

"if you got both the.. Demonic traits, affinities and skills an archdemon gets.. And you got at least the healing and reactive defensive skills of a celestial.." he mumbled something after that to himself. I tilted my head as he got quiet trying to hear. Then I lost focus as we were interrupted.

 

"Dinner's done Nana, Eat so we can get going!" Lilith yelled and put down a plate in a spot for me. 

"oh, sorry.." I said, scratching my arm. wait... Somethings missing... I looked down... Naked... I’m naked. (in my head both the demonic me and celestial me yelled at the, me-me in between them. “For heaven’s sake, not even clothes on!”-the celestial me yelled. “Yeah, c’mon Nana! At least get your damn clothes on for fucking hell’s fucking sake, damn!”- the demonic me yelled... the celestial one raised a brow at the demonic me. “Fuck, don’t swear thaat much.” it said and sighed.) 

I jumped(glide-flew) over quickly to Yunas bag of clothes she'd brought for me and took them out and put them on. I did it super quickly. I felt like something speeded me up magically. My speed was inhumane as I jumped for, and put on, my clothes as the two other me’s yelled at me in my head. Then I sighed deep in relief. Some friends I fucking got, letting me just stand there naked.

"Why didn't anyone say I was naked?!" I glared at them all one by one, pouting, arms crossed.

Yuna finally snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me really sad. 

"Wait. I missed Nana being naked?!?! She was.. And I didn't notice..." she looked down at the table, oozing a gloomy aura. I walked over and sat down and started eating my breakfast, sighing at Yuna's comment. 

This time she had made a leather armor topp, black with pink laces and a pink bow in front. Though damn sturdy material, still she made it look very cute for being armor. It made my boobs swell up a tad so I assume she put in some enchant for that again. Seemed to have metal plates inside it and metal rails. It did give me a few cm thinner waist. 

Then there was a leather skirt with metal plates in, woaw! She's actually making me armor for once. 

It was pretty damn short though. 

The metal seemed to go soft as I put it on, so it felt just like any skirt would. 

That's a pretty cool enchantment, I'll give her that. 

Appearance Wise it was just a black skirt though. 

Then knee socks, that... Seemed to be out of metal… 

But again, when I grabbed them they went soft and felt just like cotton. This is revolutionary stuff right here. Look good while wearing actual plate armor! 

They were black with cute pink laces at the back which I tied into bows. 

Looked damn good on me, and I bet no one would think it's actual plate armor. 

I Made a mirror out of magic that I put beside the front door and gazed upon it.

1