Chapter 7: Nola, you know better than to drink an entire bottle of orange soda. An entire LITER of orange soda.
327 12 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don't know what happened. I was following Elon's orders. I swore I didn't want to drink any soda, especially orange soda. I love orange soda but I won't drink it while he's out.

But the water shut off due to some construction. The entire building was dry.

I was getting thirsty, the tap was out, and I drank all the bottle water I had to recuperate from yesterday's sickness.

I told my dad to buy me some more water but he brought home orange soda!

"It will make you feel better honey."

"No, dad. I can't drink orange soda."

"Come on, sweetie. It's only a can."

"You brought a liter."

"Oh, I did? Oh, silly me. I swear didn't mean to."

"Dad, I promised Elon I was only going to drink water. Soda goes through my system faster."

"Just a sip, honey. Just enough to kill your thirst. It won't be so bad. You can hold just a little bit, right?"

I didn't know about this. Holding my pee from water is pretty inconveniencing, but soda gets pretty bad. But I was so thirsty, I wanted to drink something.

Just a sip, right? Just a little bit. Nothing will come from it, right?

 

 

 

An hour later....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You drank an entire bottle of orange soda?"

"The tap water turned off and my dad brought it over and I was so thirsty and... you know how much I love orange soda."

"Nola, I told you not to drink soda during the middle of the day. You know that goes through you like a river!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you! Just, please, come home so I can pee."

I can't believe this! I can't believe this is happening just as I was about to ask Heather out on a date! Why, Nola!? What about my consideration? That was the very least you could do!

"Please, Elon, come home. It hurts!"

Oh boy! I have to go home now. She can hold it in, but not really out of choice. Whatever this clog in her system that can only release by me being there is, apparently its automatic. It only releases when I am in close proximity to her. Jeez, she's like some kind of weird science experiment when is say it that way. Well, apparently, it still wants to come out, so her body is at odds with the waste. I'm sure it's painful for her to hold it in.

Damn, I got to go home now or else she may pass out, or worse, damage something internally.

I go up to Heather, "Tell the guys an emergency came up."

"What happened?"

"It's Nola. She's having some... complications."

"Oh, okay. I hope she feels better."

I run off as I yell, "tell the guys to get an Uber. I'll pay them later."

Aw man, did I really say I will pay them later? Yeah, yeah, I'm too nice, I get it.

I arrive at my car and get inside. I insert the key and turn on the engine.... which does not actually start. It just stutters. Oh great, what is this? I check under the hood and... I have no idea what I'm doing. It could be anything for all I know. Aw jeez, I have to leave the car here? Fine. I'm calling my dad, he'll handle this.

"What about your car?"

"It's dead... or something. I don't know."

"See, son. I told you to learn how to take care of your car, like your old man. Now look at the position you are in."

"Alright, I get it. I'll see what I can do about it."

"Great. So you want me teach you now?"

"Not now, I need to go home. Nola needs to pee."

"I thought she wasn't allowed to drink right now."

"Well, she did. She drank some soda and now she's gotta go."

"What about the car?"

"I'm going to have to ask you to take care it. I hope that's not a problem."

"Where are you?"

"Salty Beach."

"That's like an hour drive."

"Pretty much."

"Alright. Just sit tight, I'm coming over."

"Alright, thanks."

I hang up and I immediately call Nola.

"I have to hold it in for 2 hours?"

"My car died on me and I have no idea how to fix it. My dad is picking me up."

"....okay... I guess I'll wait."

"You're going to be okay, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"Don't stress yourself. Just... aw jeez, I don't know. We'll try to get there as soon as possible."

"Okay."

And I hang up.

Around 40 minutes, my dad arrives in his SUV. By this time, my friends had caught up with me. I didn't explain everything, but just told them there was an emergency. Heather came in a different car so she left by herself. My friends and I all hop into my dad's car.

"We're having a little emergency," he said, "so I hope you guys don't mind if I drop off Elon first."

"That's fine, Mr. Peeper," answers Mel.

"You okay, son?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess." He could tell I wasn't. I guess I wanted to tell him I wanted to ask Heather out on a date until this happened, but not with my friends in the back.

By some miracle, he managed to get us home in 30 minutes, so I was right in time. I go up to her apartment and Nola is very happy and anxious to see me. No time for hello's, straight to the bathroom.

And all is well... perhaps.

"I'm sorry, Elon. I'm sorry I broke our promise."

"It's fine..." of course, it wasn't, but I pity her. You can't look at her without feeling sorry. Or maybe I'm just so spineless. Oh man, why do I got to be such a good boy. I hate it sometimes.

I go home and go back to my room. I decided I might as well just play on my computer. I boot it up and open Steam, when I get a text message. It's from Heather.

I had fun today. How about we hang out tomorrow, just the two of us?

Wait? What does this mean? Could it mean...

Maybe I still have a chance! Maybe it wasn't such a waste after all! I can still ask her out!

Yes!

...

...

...

NO! I promised to hang out with Nola tomorrow. DAMN!

16