33: Heather calls Elon over and they have to have a chat. Will Elon be forgiven? More importantly, did he remember to wear a cup?
144 9 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

illust-14.png

 

I don't know what to think. Heather, the girl who I accidentally walked into when she was in the toilet, who I thought would never speak to me ever again, who I believed I would have to avoid when I get back to school, wants to talk to me. This can't be good. She probably told her parents and now I'm in trouble with them. Her text message simply said 'can I talk to you'. Not much to go on, but what else could it mean?

So I am waiting for her in this park I'm not familiar with. She lives close by so she should be here any moment. Oh wait, there she is in the distance. She's alone. What could this mean? I swore she would bring her parents or something.

She finally approaches me. "Elon."

"Heather, hi." What is the protocol for this? She called me, yeah, but I feel so embarrassed about what happened. I don't know what to do.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine." So far, she doesn't seem angry, but that could change any moment.

"Elon, I want to talk to you a bit... about what happened last time."

"Heather, I can't apologize enough. I don't even know what happened."

"That's not like you, Elon."

"I know. I'm sorry. I still can't believe that it happened."

"No, I meant, that's not something you'd normally do. You don't seem like the kind of person to cause a commotion. You're mostly quiet and self-reserved. This is unexpected of you, and by the way you reacted, I think you were just as surprised."

"What are you saying?"

"I don't know exactly, but that wasn't like you, at all. It doesn't make sense to be a gentle and kind guy and suddenly enter the bathroom like it's nothing."

Nobody has ever said anything like this to me before. In fact, I don't think I was ever evaluated like this before. Did she just describe me from her point of view? Is this how people see me? I never thought about it. Maybe the doctor is right, there is something I'm not seeing but everyone else probably can.

I think it's time I finally came clean, but... will Heather accept it?

"Elon, what's going on? Did someone told you to do it?"

"Heather, you don't know my friend Nola, do you?"

"No. You don't talk about her much."

"What if I told you she had this problem? A problem that requires me to be with her at a specific time?"

"Does this have to do with her and this bathroom situation?"

How am I going to tell her? Is she even going to believe me? But I have no choice. If I don't tell her, she's gonna figure something out anyways.

"My friend, Nola, can't go to the bathroom by herself."

"Really?"

"Yeah. She can't go with anyone around her, but even still, I need to be present."

"So... you wait outside?"

"I go inside with her." She looks confused. Should I keep going? I can't even face her right now.

"So she requires the bathroom to be empty so you can go inside with her... because she can't go without you?"

"Yeah." She's just staring at me. I have no idea what's she's thinking.

"He... he he..." Is she laughing? She is! "Really? Nola can't go without you inside?"

"Yeah..."

"What about at home?"

"Uhh... same thing."

"Oh my gosh! So you... see her going? Like, really!? You see everything?"

"No. I turn around and avoid eye contact."

"HA HA HA HA!" She's laughing even louder. I don't know how to feel about this. "Oh my gosh, you're serious."

"Umm... yeah. That's why i walked into the girl's restroom without any problem. I got too used to it." There was a bit of silence. I was chagrined but she seems amused.

"I knew you wouldn't do something like that normally, but this... I think I understand you a bit more." Normally? What does that mean?

"Heather... I hope you understand that I can't tell anyone about this. It's something that we're working on now through therapy. Please, can you forgive me? I'm not asking you to be my girlfriend anymore, I just hope we can move on from this."

"Sure. I forgive you."

"You do?"

"Yeah. You're a nice guy, Elon. It's nice that you want to help your friend like that. But... I got to kick you in the crotch now."

"What?"

Heather happens to be in the soccer team of our school. She has a nickname: The Trebuchet. I found out in that moment why.

7