40: That guy from chapter 12 that you totally forgot about is aproaching Elon. Could he be a friend or foe?
116 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

illust-16.png

I spent the entire summer in the summer sports program. It's not like I don't mind school but I'd rather just play sports than take these stupid classes. But stupid teachers, they're forcing me to take these classes and raise my grade point average in order to get a scholarship. I don't get it. I'm the best athlete in the school. So what if my grades are all C's? It's not like I'm going to need it. Unbelievable. I got to figure something out.

So after a whole bunch of boring classes, it's finally time for PE. Of course, I was just trouncing everyone in basketball. Baseball is a bit hard for me to grasp, and yet I still hit more average home runs than anyone. Track and field, soccer, even just exercising, no one can beat me in anything. Hell, if there were rules to showering, I'd probably beat everyone in that too. Yeah, this is what I want. It's a shame classes are like an hour each. I want be here all day.

Damn. There's the bell. Time for another stupid boring class.

Here comes my teammate Rico. "Yo, Rudy," he says.

"What's up, Rico?"

"What are you doing after school?"

"What else? I'm going to be practicing basketball. I need that scholarship, but man, they're forcing me to do well in other classes."

"Is it that bad?"

"I've only skirted by with decent grades but excelled in sports, but the counselor told me that won't cut it any more. I got to get a certain amount of credits before I get that scholarship."

"Hey man, it can't be that bad. You've done well to get this far."

"Only enough to get this far. I find that crap boring."

"Then maybe you should study instead of playing sports all the time."

"I guess."

"I was going to ask you if you want to hang out after school, but looks like you're going to just play sports. Alright, I'll just hang out with my other friends."

"Other friends?" Wait a minute. "Say, that Elon guy. I think he is the same guy from elementary."

"The bathroom people?"

"Yeah. He was a nerd and nobody wanted to hang out with him."

"Well, that's not him now. He's a pretty chill guy. He's even managed to get some girlfriends, but they always break up with him."

"Girlfriends? Is he popular?"

"I wouldn't say he's popular, but he's definitely got a good reputation."

"But does he get good grades?"

"Oh yeah. He's pretty smart."

Is that a fact...

 

 

 

 

== Elon POV ==

 

 

 

 

 

I should be lucky Nola's first class was in the same building so I wasn't tardy. Thank goodness we're on different floors. I don't want to bump into her on my way to my next class. But it's recess now and she'll either be looking for me, or just sit by herself. I'm sure Heather will check up on her. She does have her own group of friends so Nola will probably be by herself for the most part. I do feel bad for her, but she's got to learn that what she has is a problem and must overcome it.

I see my friend Rico over there hanging out with the sports club. I don't bother with them. Those jocks and I don't get along well.

Hmm? He's coming over with one of them.

"Yo, Elon," he says as he approaches me.

"Yo, Rico. What's up?"

"This is Rudy. He wanted to ask you something."

The star athlete of the school? I heard this guy is a sports fanatic who does nothing but play sports all day. He's the best at basketball. What does he want?

He reaches out his arm to shake my hand, "The name's Rudy Bashaface."

"Uhh... Elon Peeper."

"No way!" He seems surprised. "So that means..."

"What?"

"Rico tells me you have a sister called Nola."

"She's not my sister, she's my neighbor. We're close, though."

"I freaking knew it. You're that nerdy kind from elementary school." What? What did he just say? "Oh man, I recall there was an Elon who was a nerd and nobody wanted to hang out with. He had messy black hair like yours. So it is you!"

"Oh... yeah, I guess." Oh great, someone who recognizes me.

"This is great. I can't believe I'm meeting you face to face. Well, it's not like I wanted to meet you before, but you're quite famous."

"I hope for nothing bad..." What does he mean by that? What am I famous for? I better change the subject. "So do you need help or something?"

"Yeah. Counselor said sports aren't enough anymore. If I want a scholarship, I'm going to need to get better grades, but I suck at studying. I was hoping if you can help me."

"Well, I guess I can help you. What do you need help in?"

"Everything. Math, science, history, art, whatever." I see. This guy is so dedicated to playing sports he's flunking his other classes and wants me to help him. I don't know about this, but I am curious since he recognizes me.

"Sure, I guess."

"Awesome. Thanks Elon."

"When do you want to start?"

"Well, Rico is going to hang out with you, right? How about tonight and we can get acquanted?"

"Tonight... no, that's not a good time. How about tomorrow?"

"Great. Then I can play some more basketball today. You got a deal." He reaches his hand out and we shake. "I'll see you tomorrow then," and he leaves with Rico following.

Interesting. Nobody in the sports club wants anything to do with me. Then again, he is flunking and I guess he just wants me to help him with studying. Should I ask for something in return? I'll think about that later.

But still, he seems to know me. He said I was famous. The only thing I was famous for is... the bathroom thing. Don't tell me he knows about it.

 

 

 

 

== Rudy POV ==

 

 

 

 

"That was him," I tell Rico. "He's changed but that was him. That hair. That messy black hair. It's the same one, only shorter."

"You're not going to spread that bathroom rumor, are you?"

"No, don't worry about it, but... I'm curious about Nola now."

5