74: The strangest of friendships, Nola and Rudy meeting in a secret place! But considering Elon and Nola, “normal” friendships are questionable
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I got to talk to Nola, no matter what. She may still be angry with me about that kiss, but she needs to see the doctor. I'm glad she's trying her hardest, but she can't do this by herself. Not to mention, I'm worried that Rudy is so close to her. That guy has lost his mind. She knows this, so why is she even hanging out in close proximity to him? Is it a desperate attempt to avoid me? Whatever the case, I got to talk to her.

It's after school and I head over to the gym. Rico said she was here during recess, lunch, and after school. But when I go inside, she's nowhere to be found. I don't see Rico either, so I'll just ask around.

"Who are you, dork?" one of the players tells me. Of course they'd say that but now's not the time.

"I'm looking for a girl who used to sit on the bleachers."

"She left. About damn time."

"Yeah," says another, "that girl kept hanging around us. Even the cheerleaders didn't want anything to do with her. What a loser."

"Yeah, I bet this nerd is her boyfriend." And they all laugh. I see where this is going so I just take my leave.

However, before I left, I overhear, "But you know, Rudy seems to like her."

"No way. He can get the hottest girls in school."

"He used to, but there's a rumor going around. Apparently, he went into the girls bathroom. I even heard that he tried to shove his fist up some girl's ass or something nasty like. Looks like his luck has ran out."

"That's just Britney saying stupid s**t. You know she makes things up just to get attention."

"Yeah, but that explains his absence in the last couple of days. Rico heard this rumor, that there was a commotion in a girls bathroom in that big building on the north. There was like a pool of piss on the floor and stuff. Some even says he went crazy afterwards, ditching school, not taking a shower and smelling like s**t. And now he's come back, acting like everything's normal, except there's this freak who is now visiting us during practice, and he's even defending her. I'm telling you guys, it all fits."

"I guess. Well, anyways, whose turn is it?" And they continue their practice.

I go over to soccer practice and ask Heather.

"She doesn't come here," Heather answers me. "She's predominately in the basketball court. Actually..."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Not too long ago, they had practice in the outdoor court and Nola was also there in the distance."

"She was?"

"Elon, she's acting strange lately. She refuses to talk to me, she's hanging out with a group that does not approve of her, and Rudy, of all people, is defending her."

"I heard about that and I don't buy it. He's probably planning on doing something to her and me. That guy is nuts. I'm concerned for her safety."

"So am I, but I don't know what to do."

"For now, I need to speak to her, no matter what. I got to tell her that Rudy is planning something awful and she should avoid going to basketball practice."

"I'll try to get through her, but she's avoiding me too. No matter how much I try, she won't listen."

"Aw man, what is going on?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

== Nola POV ==

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

illust-34.png

This place is filthy. It kind of smells too. Why did Rudy ask me to meet him here? At least I know nobody will definitely bother us.

I hear some foot steps from the muck on the ground. There he is.

"Rudy!" I say excitedly.

"Nola, how've you been?"

"I'm doing okay!"

"Yeah, listen. You've been visiting me in the basketball court for the past few days, right? Are you planning on doing that every dya?"

"Mm-hmm. I just want to watch you practice."

"Look, the guys don't approve of you. They're making fun of you. You saw how the cheerleaders are treating you, right? They're even suspecting me as well. I can't defend you anymore. I got a reputation to keep up."

"But I want to see you, but I have no idea when I can do that."

"But why? People think I'm a bully. I'm sure you do too."

"You're not a bully. You're a big softy, remember?"

"But I can't have that reputation. People will mock me for it."

"So... you don't want to see me anymore?"

"Listen, that talk we had, I thought it was going to be a one time thing. I didn't know you wanted to continue seeing me."

"But I do. Elon is drifting further apart from me. I don't like Heather, she's so pushy. I have no other friends. I want you to be my friend."

"Me? Your friend? Come on, you know that can't happen. Why don't you try to make up with Elon."

"I'm angry with him. He kissed me after he rejected me. He's playing with my emotions. I ignore him, looking like I don't care about it, but I really did and I cry when he's not around. But I felt so much better when I talked to you. I want to continue that. You're the only one I can talk to now. Besides... you can't talk to anyone else about your problems, right? You can talk to me about it. I don't mind."

"Who says I want to talk to anyone about that? I shouldn't. It's disgusting. It's not healthy."

"But you can't keep it in, either. You went crazy, remember?"

He's looking around him with his eyes wide. "That.... that won't happen, I'm sure. I was just crazy because I wanted to know, that's all. Now that I do, I can finally live in peace."

"But it's going to keep happening. You can't go out on dates and keep trying to stick your finger up their... uhh... you know. It's going to keep happening."

"Like I said, it was just my curiosity. It's no longer... going to... uhh... keep happening..." He's now leaning on the wall with his hand on his face.

"Rudy, what's wrong?" He's now leaning on it.

"You're right. I'm only kidding myself. Maybe I should've went to the institution."

"Institution?"

"Someone reported me and they're now telling me to go to this facility to get rid of this fetish I have, or something. No matter how much I deny it, I really do like scat and pee, but I don't want to. I know it's unhealthy, but it's the only thing that comforts me. My mom doesn't love me, Sharky is dead, and she's the one who did this to me. She's even invaded my dreams, or at least did until she was replaced with- AH!"

"What happened?"

"Nothing. It's just that... uhh...my dreams... " He's blushing right now.

"What about your dreams?"

"Well... I used to dream about Sharky doing nasty things... but now I dream about... uhh... you..."

"Me?"

"Yeah. But it has nothing to do with me liking you. It has to do with you at that time. I keep picturing you covered in piss. That's how it is in my dreams. You're just naked and covered in piss. It means nothing, okay? Just one of those weird dream things. But yeah... I would like to stop having those dreams."

"Rudy..."

"You know what... Yeah, I would like to keep talking to you. Maybe I need someone to talk to from time to time. But you can't go to the gym anymore. You could get hurt. How about we meet up here, or somewhere else. I can see you don't like filthy places. Maybe, like that park or something. Then we can talk, like we did before. You know, saying nasty things and not have anyone judge us. That would be great."

"Rudy... do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"Huh?"

"I mean... if you want... I'm just saying... if you're having dreams about me... maybe... you like me...?"

"I don't like you like that. I don't find you attractive. Those dreams are just weird s**t I have. They mean nothing."

"Oh. I see. I get it. I just thought that, since you were dreaming of me, you were interested. But anyway, I want to keep talking to you, but since we can't meet up, how about you call me later?"

"I don't want people seeing my phone and finding out."

"Then use like a nickname them. I really want to talk to you so more, Rudy, and you do too."

He's shifting his eyes. I guess he's thinking about it. He then pulls out his phone. "Alright. I'll give you my number."

2