Chapter 6: Sei Ueno
1.1k 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Present day...

The sound of the bell echoed throughout the campus, signaling the start of lunch hour.

Misaki walked along the halls and stopped in front of classroom 3-E. The door slid noisily as she opened it.

“Welcome, Kaichou!” The students greeted her as they stood up as she entered the room, clutching a plastic bag on her hand.

She gestured for them to be at ease and they continued to converse with one another.

“Where are you, Kazu-kun?” She muttered to herself as she looked around. Kazuya was not in his usual seat.

Misaki thought of having lunch with him as they haven't done for it for a while due to her student council work.

“You're looking for Danchou?” a male student asked as he approached her. “He went to the bathroom. Don't worry, he'll be back shortly”

Misaki took a seat on one of the chairs and placed the bag on top of it. She began to set up the bento on the table and poured herself some tea.

Now that the dishes are set. All that's missing is Kazuya.

She looked at her wristwatch and noticed that she has been in this class for four minutes.

Slow and noiseless footsteps came approaching towards her. A blonde girl dressed in a white long-sleeve shirt with a loosened red necktie, red plaid skirt, black thigh high socks and white gym shoes

“You're Misaki Fujibayashi, right?” The blonde asked with a menacing look on her face as she crossed her arms.

“Yes, and you are?” Misaki glanced at her with a blank expression, unbothered by her sudden apperance.

“Sei Ueno” She slammed both of her hands on the table as she leaned close to Misaki's face.

The class became silent and their attention was shifted to the commotion that was happening.

Emotions were running high between the two girls as they glared at each other.

Kazuya came inside the classroom, rubbing his stomach and sighed in relief as he was able to expel a large amount from his bowels.

Noticing the gathering of students around one area. He walked towards the group and asked around.

“What's going on here?”

The group parted in two upon hearing his voice and he approached the two girls who are still locked in a fierce battle.

“Great! You're finally here, Kazu-kun” Misaki said as her blank expression turned into a delighted one.

Sei planted an irritated look on her face as she was completely ignored by Misaki. She clenched her fist into a ball and slammed it into the desk. “Don't ignore me!”

Kazuya sighed and ordered his fellow classmates to return to what they were doing. The class returned to normal but proceeded to glance at them.

“Sei” He placed his hand on her shoulder and planted a baleful look on his face as he looked at her.

“What are you trying to do?”

“No-no-nothing, Kazuya-sama! I was just testing her!” Sei nervously laughed as she turned to face him with a timid expression on her face.

“She didn't do anything, Kazu-kun” Misaki picked up her chopsticks as she looked at him and added.

“Come on, the food's getting cold now”

She then turned to look at Sei and offered her another set of chopsticks. “Since, you're here already. Why don't you join us”

Sei shook her head and left the classroom. She went to the women's comfort room and washed her face.

“Damn that girl! Stealing him from me. Who does she think she is?”

In a fit of anger, she destroyed the mirror in front of her with a straight punch. A loud crash was heard as its pieces fell on the ground.

The day of Kazuya's confession to Misaki...

Sei cheerfully walked along the halls of the school. She was going to confess her feelings to Kazuya and ask him out on a date.

Upon entering the classroom, she approached Kazuya who was talking with Keiji and Toshiro.

“Kazuya-sama, are you free after class? I have something to tell you”

“I'm sorry Sei but I have other plans right now” Kazuya told her while packing his stuff in his bag.

“I am free” Keiji had a playful smile on his face and added. “Are we going on a date or something?”

Sei shot him with an angry look as she crossed her arms.

“As if, I want to be with you!”

“I know you want me, Sei” He licked his lips and winked at her. “I'm sure, you do”

Toshiro laughed at the ridiculousness of Keiji and said. “Do you even hear yourself?”

xx

Sei picked up the can of cola from the vending machine, popping it open and taking a large gulp.

She released a refreshing ah and saw Kazuya walking to the back of the school. He was completely dressed and his hair was neatly combed to the side.

“I will confess to Kazuya-sama, it's now or never!”

What happened next was a big surprise to her after following him. Kazuya had confessed his feelings to Misaki and she accepted it.

“No, this can't be happening” Sei muttered to herself as she dropped the can on the ground. “Kazuya-sama is mine. He was supposed to be mine”

xx

Sei threw herself on to the bed and looked at the ceiling that was full of Kazuya's pictures.

Trickles of tears dropped down from her eyes. The sight of her beloved being taken away by another girl was too much for her to bear.

She had known him since childhood and they used to play everyday in the Maeda compound along with his little sister.

By the time, they got into middle school. Sei went to the same school where Kazuya and Kaede was enrolled to.

And when they got into high school. She went to the same school where he was and even listed herself into the same classroom.

It was like her whole world revolved around him but it shattered when he went into a relationship with another girl.

Sei buried her face onto her pillow as she sobbed. She had thoroughly planned the places that they were going to on their date.

“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!” She furiously pounded her fists on to the mattress and tossed her pillow away.

In her anger, she ran outside her house and found a nearby drunk man with his hand on the wall as he walked.

She had a malicious smile on her face as she clenched both of her fists and pounced on her unwary prey.

After beating the man unconscious. Her eyes were dead and soulless as she walked back to her house.

14