Chapter 16.1: Into the Past
292 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ten years ago...

Sunlight kissed the young black haired boy's skin as it's cylindrical rays pierced through the hole of the slide's covered entrance.

He blissfully slept on its warm surface and awoke at a loud noise coming from outside.

With an irritated expression, he stood up and went outside to find three boys ganging up on a fat boy that was neatly dressed in expensive clothes.

If only they were a little quieter then he would've never minded them but to raise their voice, so loud that it woke up him up from his slumber. It was just too much for him not to ignore it anymore.

“Oi, can't you see that I'm taking a nap here?”

The commotion came to a halt and the trio turned to look at the irritated boy on top.

“So, what?” a red haired boy spat “Go away before we beat you up too!”

“Yeah, Dumbass! Go away!” the two brunette boys beside the red haired boy said in unison.

'What?! The audacity of these guys'

The wrinkle of the black haired boy's brows began to get deeper and he went down from the top to confront the group.

“You have a lot of nerve coming in front of us” the redhead smirked while crossing his arms. “Do you want us to wreck you?”

“Be quiet!” The black haired boy punched him in the gut and followed up with a right hook.

The two brunettes had a shocked expression on their faces and their mouths were agape as their leader fell to the ground.

“Kuro-sama!”

The red head named Kuro slowly stood up and wiped the blood of his mouth. “Tch. What's your name?”

“Maeda Kazuya, you better remember that” the black haired boy introduced himself with a cocky grin.

“This isn't over yet” Kuro turned around and walked away along with two lackeys in tow.

“Uh, t-thank you.” a faint voice said from behind.

Kazuya turned around and saw the fat boy had a relieved look on his face. “I didn't do it for you.”

“I-I'm Tozawa Keiji” the fat boy introduced himself and went into a prostrating position. “Please be my bodyguard!”

Kazuya planted a surprised expression and was taken aback at what Keiji said to him. 'What the hell is wrong with this guy?'

“Your what?”

“I'll pay you with my allowance! Please protect me and be my bodyguard!”

“Listen, I don't have time for this.” Kazuya scratched his head and walked away.

The fat boy stood up and chased after his savior, screaming. “Wait I'll pay you right now!”

xx

At the Maeda Residence, later that afternoon.

“Who's that person with you, Nii-san?” A little girl approached the two as they arrived inside the compound. She was dressed in a white dress and clutched a brown teddy bear in one hand,

“Oh, this guy?.” Kazuya gestured towards the fat boy with his thumb. “He's Keiji.”

“A pleasure to meet you.” Keiji leaned towards the little girl. “What's your name?”

“Maeda Kaede.” She clutched her teddy bear with both hands and ran inside the house.

“What did you do to my little sister?” Kazuya turned to look at Keiji with an irritated expression.

“Eh? I just asked for her name, that's all.”

“Do you intend to follow me around all day?”

“I will leave if you accept my offer. Please protect me from those hooligans!”

Kazuya exhaled a deep and long sigh as he shook his head. He then grabbed the collar of the fat boy's shirt and dragged him outside.

“Don't come back here or I'll beat you up!”

He angrily slammed the large wooden door in front of Keiji and scratched his head. 'What an annoying guy.”

2