Chapter 14.2: Aftermath
312 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a very short chapter concluding the disappearance arc. Part 1/2

Misaki cupped her chin as she rested her back on her chair. The amount of paperwork that needs to be done seems to be never ending. However, there was also another thing on her mind that plagued her.

Before they left the Ueno summer home in Ikegawa. Sei stopped them in their tracks and told her that she relished every moment with him and wished that she could've seen her face full of despair during his absence.

Misaki sighed deeply after remembering what that crazy girl said but it's all in the past now as Kazuya has returned safely back to her.

However, a question popped up in her mind. Would the outcome of things change if she had chosen to finish her work the next day and went back home with him?

Her period of musing was interrupted as the door suddenly swung open bringing it to an abrupt ending.

A tall long haired brunette girl came inside, clutching a brown folder on her hand.

“Kaichou, here is the budget proposal for the art club's upcoming exhibit”

“Place it on top of the pile and I will review it shortly”

The brunette left shortly after leaving the folder on top of the tall stack, closing the door behind her.

xx

Meanwhile In the Ueno summer home

Bits and pieces of furniture were scattered around and the walls had large cracks on them while the windows are partially destroyed.

Sei sat on the corner of the living room, her shoulders were slumped and her posture was limp.

Her long blonde hair was disheveled and was covering half of her face. The red yukata that she wore was wrinkled and some parts of it were ripped apart.

Her eyes were blank and her gaze was downcast as if she had lost of all of her will to live. The love of her life was taken away from her again by Misaki.

Why couldn't she leave her alone?

Is she not allowed to be happy?

Why does she keep interfering with her business and ruining her chance to be with him?

All she ever wanted was to be loved by him, to be with him, to be wanted by him but the fatigue that she gathered inside now heaves a muted cry of helplessness.

Nothing but fatigue, rounded her shoulders heavier than ever on that afternoon.

In the end, Sei allowed them to leave as she couldn't stand being with Misaki any longer. That girl had beaten her at every step of the way.

However, she didn't want them to go empty handed and left Misaki with a message that made her feel like she had the last laugh.

5