Chapter 18: Suspicion
233 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere at a mall in Yokaharu.

“Uh, Kaede” Toshiro muttered while scratching the back of his head.

The black haired youth turned around and raised a brow at her boyfriend. “What is it?”

“I know we're on a date but.”

He shook his head, exhaling deeply and glanced at the group of scary-looking men dressed in suits behind him.

“Do these guys have to tag along?”

“Of course!” She exclaimed as she brushed her long black hair aside. “You can't carry all the bags alone, you know.”

Toshiro sighed once again in defeat. It was supposed to be special day between them and he saved a lot of money from his allowances to make it happen.

Ever since, her family found out that he was dating her. It seemed like all hell has broken loose and he was under constant surveillance every time they walk home from school.

“We're just here to help our princess with her shopping” A tall mohawk haired man scoffed at him while patting his back.

He then glanced at the other men behind him and yelled. “Ain't that right, boys?”

“Certainly!”

“Yeah!”

“That's right!”

The group spoke in unison. Their voices were loud and they looked at Toshiro with a mocking expression on their faces.

xx

“Whew” Kaede exclaimed as she plopped herself down on a wooden bench. It took them an hour to find a retailer that has the limited edition of My Sweet Otoko's sequel. The life of a collector was no easy task.

She took out a brown paper bag from her purse and ripped the seal off. She couldn't wait to play it any longer and pulled out the cartridge from its case.

“You really want to play it so badly, huh?” Toshiro came back with two cans of orange juice and sat beside her.

“I've been waiting for this game after it was announced via Pitter”

(A/N: Pitter is Twitter in this universe.)

“Heh, I see” He nodded with a grin. Obviously, he didn't really get what she was saying and agreed in response.

He was able to sit close to her now as the goons left to place the bags that consisted tons of figurines and merchandise inside the trunk of the car.

Earlier, while they were shopping, the group prevented him from getting close and doing anything lovey-dovey related while they walk around the establishment.

It was ordered by her father to not let Toshiro get close to his daughter as he hasn't acknowledged him as her boyfriend yet.

Such is a harsh fate for a boy to get into a relationship with a daughter of a notorious yakuza boss.

Kaede placed her console down on her lap and cracked her knuckles. The timer of the new mini game feature that was included with the sequel was descending slowly.

From the looks of it, the game had four colored rectangular boxes on the bottom of the screen and a ton of assorted musical notes fell from the top after it started.

Her fingers began to rapidly press the buttons in succession and the words, “Great!”, “Perfect!”, “Awesome!” continuously flashed on the screen.

Toshiro placed one of the cans between them as he knew that stopping her to hand the drink would mean certain death for him.

He rested his back on the wall adjacent to the one that they were sitting on and a loud pop was heard after flicking the lid of his can.

Three loud gulps echoed from his throat and he released a refreshing ahh. Nothing beats a cold drink after a long walk.

He scanned the surge of people that were passing by to kill time and saw a pair of girls at a distance.

Toshiro looked at them closely and found out that it was the student council president, Misaki walking alongside a blonde girl with waist length twin tails. He didn't know who the blonde was, as it could be her friend outside the school.

Come to think of it, Kaichou never really had a lot of friends in their school as he always sees her either with Danchou or inside the student council office.

She had this aura of aloofness that made it hard to approach her and her expression was either serious or monotone every time, she is alone.

However, when she is with their leader, Kazuya. Her expression is happy and sometimes lustful.

They were dressed in a casual manner and the silver haired youth had an irritated look on her face as she talked with her friend.

He then switched his gaze to the hooded person that came outside an adult bookstore. The individual was another familiar face that he recognizes.

His memory was hazy but he was sure that he had seen them somewhere.

'I wonder who that person was.'

Toshiro took a long gulp of his drink and appeared to be in deep thought. A sudden jolt of information surfaced up in his head.

The hooded person was Ogata Nanase and she's currently in the same year as them. He often hears her name during the gossips of his classmates.

She was a diligent and kind girl that goes up and beyond with helping her classmates with their assignments and other school related activities.

One might say that she is the next student council president after the current third years graduate this year.

However, there was one thing that didn't make sense to him. Why would she go into an adult bookstore and what did she bought from there?

Basically, girls like her would find it really embarrassing and awkward to get inside the place but in her case, she looked like she knew what she was doing and It troubled him.

Could it be that she is secretly a closet pervert and she reads erotic magazines to release the stress from school?

'That could be the case.' He thought.

Or could it be that she was secretly being bullied and is buying magazines using her own money to fund the entertainment of her bully?

Toshiro finished his drink and tossed the can over to the bin which was beside him. He then looked at his girlfriend who was busily playing her new game.

“Kaede, do you know Ogata-san?”

“Yeah, what about her?” Kaede asked without looking away from the screen of her console. She suddenly stopped and turned it off, placing it inside her purse.

Her eyes were widened and pouted her lips with an annoyed expression as she looked at him.

“Don't tell me that you're secretly in a relationship with her?!”

“No, you dummy.”

Toshiro chuckled at what his girlfriend said and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Girls are scary with their sudden conclusions sometimes.

“Then what is it?”

“Do you know if she is being bullied?”

“Not that I know of. Why?”

“I saw her leave an adult bookstore that is not far from here. Girls like her don't really know about that kind of stuff. ”

“That is strange.” Kaede picked up the can of orange juice that was between them and popped the lid open. “I'll ask around to know about that. Thanks for the information, though”

“I really find it hard to believe that she is a victim of bullying, Kaede. I mean why would anyone to do that to her.”

“Yeah, she is such a kind girl. I'll talk about this with Kaichou once we head back.”

She finished her drink and tossed the can into the bin. It landed on top of her boyfriend's can and she raised her forearm with her fist clenched and swung it downward toward her body in a vigorous pumping motion.

“Score!”

Toshiro shook his head as his girlfriend can be a bit childish at times but it's the trait that makes him love her even more.

4