Chapter 23: Questions
168 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Toshiie awoke to find himself lying on a bed, surrounded by white curtains. His neck was still reeling from the pain of the choke hold that was inflicted on him earlier.

A few seconds later, loud and slow footsteps came approaching his location. The curtains that was covering him was pushed aside and a tall blonde young woman clad in a white short sleeve button up shirt that was tucked inside a black pencil skirt, along her neck was a red necktie and matching high heel pumps. The skirt hugged her physique and it fully displayed her shapely round butt. She also had a clipboard in hand and beside her was the student council president, Misaki Fujibayashi.

“So, you finally awaken.” The silver haired girl spoke in a monotone voice. She looked at him like she was scanning merchandise. “Do you know where you are?”

Looking around the area as he sat up, the ceiling and walls behind the two women were painted white. There was also a glimpse of a glass cabinet behind them and it had some sort of small bottles for holding pills. 

There was no doubt in his mind that he’s in the school’s infirmary but how did he get here? The last thing that he remembered was passing out inside the old gymnasium building.

“Is this the infirmary?” He guessed, although he already knew which room he was in.

“Hmm.” Misaki uttered, placing her arms below her chest. “It seems that you are still capable of thought.”

“Ping pong!” the blonde exclaimed in a cheerful tone. “That’s right! You’re in the infirmary.”

She then proceeded to clap her hands against the clipboard, much to his dismay.

Do they think I’m disabled or something?

Misaki walked towards him, leaning her face close to his. She had a pokerfaced expression and her purple eyes stared at him intently.

“You’re Toshiie Shinozaki, right?”

“Y-y-yes.” The black haired youth stammered on his words. He felt that the president’s stare looked into the very core of his being and her purple eyes had an eerie glow to them.

Misaki stood up and composed herself, brushing her long silver hair aside.

“I’ve read all about you. You’re a first year student and you became the president after the previous leader graduated last year. You also have an expensive camera that you use for special events and you have stellar grades as well.” She glanced at the blonde young woman and went back to him. “Give it to me.”

“Yes, Kaichou.” The blonde took out a couple of pictures from her clipboard and handed it over to the student council president.

Misaki nodded to herself after examining the photos that was given to her and scattered it around Toshiie’s bed.

The black haired boy’s eyes widened after seeing the photos that were laid out before him.

“There must be a mistake! I’m not the one who did this!”

“Oh?”Misaki raised her eyebrow. She picked up a photo from the bed and showed it to him. “How would you explain this one?”

It was a photo of him pulling on the coat and donning the hannya mask over his face.

Seeing the photo being placed directly in front of him made him avoid eye contact with it and a trickle of sweat dripped down his forehead.

From that moment on, he knew that everything he says will only dig himself even further but still, he chose to speak up and defend himself once more.

“There must be a mistake, Kaichou! I was just fulfilling a request from Ogata-san. She told me to do the transaction this time!”

Yes, its all Ogata-san’s fault! If I’m going down, I’ll bring her along with me!

“She was blackmailing me and I had no choice but to do it! One day, she came up to me saying that she wants to show her designs for this months magazine issue. Of course, being the helpful student I am. I agreed to see it and it was full of edited pictures of the first year students in lewd outfits!” Toshiie protested. “She also wanted to sell them around the campus but I was against all of this and I told her that too!”

“Looks like he’s desperate now, Kaichou.” The blonde giggled to herself. “And he even brings up the name of Ogata-san into the mix. Have you got no shame?” 

“What? I only tell the truth!” Toshiie opposed. “I’m innocent!”

“What proof do you have against Nanase Ogata?” Misaki placed her hands on her hips. “We checked the computer that you use in the photography club and we found those pictures in your hard drive.”

The silver haired girl turned her gaze at the blonde again and took the clipboard from her grasp. 

She then showed it infront of him. 

“Here’s the confession form. Sign it”

This is absurd! I didn’t do anything to deserve this!

He looked at him with a puzzled expression and pushed it away.

“I won’t sign that. This is madness!”

“Very well.” Misaki commented. She sighed while shaking her head, this is so difficult, She thought.

“Momoe.” The silver haired girl called out as she glanced at her. “Call this in and make him talk.”

“Understood, Kaichou.” Momoe nodded and took out her phone from her pocket and made a phone call.

After a few minutes, two boys wearing black tracksuits with red armbands with the words “committee member” on their arms came inside.

“Kaichou.” They both said unison and bowed their heads down. 

“Shinozaki-san. I want you to come with them quietly.” Misaki said calmly.

“No! I won’t come with them! You’re the student council president and you don’t do anything to protect a victim like me!” Toshiie criticized Misaki in front of her colleagues. He didn’t care if he was going to be suspended for stating the truth about her. After all, he was the real victim in this situation and not Nanase Ogata. 

“How dare you talk like that to Kaichou!” Momoe yelled at him with a menacing look on her face.

She was about to walk towards him when Misaki stopped her before she could even move.

“It’s fine, Momoe.” Misaki cleared her throat as she looked at the black haired boy sitting in front of her. “Yes, you might be the victim of this case but all evidence leads to you. If we could find another lead for this case. Your name will be cleansed and the real culprit shall be arrested. However, you are the prime suspect for now.”

“I understand, Kaichou.” Toshiie sighed in defeat. There was no way that he could talk his way out of this mess anymore. Even if, he manages to convince them that he’s innocent. The evidences found on the club’s computer and from the pictures that were in their position. It’s clear as day that he is the culprit but he is also not the mastermind behind this.

Damn that Ogata-san! I swear I’ll make you pay for this.

He got off from the bed and accompanied the two boys back to the committee office for questioning once again. It looks like, he has no choice but to obey for now.

_

Later that same day in the student council office.

Misaki leaned her back against the chair and cupped her chin. There was something with the aftermath of the operation that happened earlier.

Toshiie Shinozaki kept on insisting that Nanase Ogata is the real suspect behind the distribution of the erotic magazines around the campus.

But how is Nanase Ogata, the one behind this whole mess?

Strangely enough, the brunette girl displayed a huge amount of enthusiasm during this whole operation and was the one who made it all possible.

Nanase was also the one who provided her with all evidences to further indict him for the crime.

“Hmm.” Misaki grunted. “There must be more to this.”

She then picked up the landline phone on top of her desk and proceeded to dial a number on it. A few minutes later, the call seemed to be connected and a feminine voice spoke on the other line.

“Hello, this is the committee internal affairs speaking. How may we help you, Kaichou?”

“Yes, I want you to look into this member. Her name is Nanase Ogata.”

1