Chapter 4.2: How Did You Know?
305 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kazuya met up with his younger sibling, Kaede and they ate their lunch together inside the cafeteria.

His lunch consisted of the usual portions: three slices of rolled scrambled eggs, a large serving of white rice on the side, four cutlets of thick breaded pork that had cheese in the middle, steamed vegetables and a small serving of pudding for dessert.

While his little sister’s lunch was an assortment of dishes that were colorful and pleasing to the eyes.

Before eating, both of the siblings clasped their hands together, closed their eyes, uttering the words.

“We humbly accept this food.”

Kazuya picked up his chopsticks and took a portion of the eggs from his lunch box, shoving it inside his gape. 

The faint salty flavor seeped in with every chew and a somewhat audible gulping sound was heard as he swallowed it.

He was about to pick up another when a sudden thought flashed inside his mind.

How did their dad find out that he has a girlfriend?

The black haired youth switched his gaze from the food to his little sister who was munching on a fried tempura shrimp.

“Kaede, did you tell father that I was moving in with the president?”

The younger sibling suddenly stopped and looked at her older brother with a sheepish look on her face.

“I-I did, Nii-san. Was I not allowed to tell him?”

“Not really. I was about to tell it to them after packing up my clothes. So, I appreciate you doing it for me.”

“Phew.” Kaede sighed in relief. “You scared me there and I thought you were going to be angry.”

“How did you know about it in the first place anyway?”

She stood up and bent over at the table, taking a slice of her older brother’s rolled scrambled egg and ate it before sitting down.

“Hey!” Kazuya said. “Jeez. You just take what you want don’t you?”

She giggled at what her older brother said and cleansed her palate with a small round cutlet of a pickled radish.

“That egg was so fluffy and delicious. Did Kaichou made it for you?”

The older sibling planted a smug look on his face.

“Of course, she made it for me. She’s the perfect girlfriend, if I say so myself.”

Kaede nodded. “Is that so? Well… I couldn’t stomach your cooking anyway because its so bad. Eating her meals must be like heaven.”

“Ye-wait a second. Don’t try to change the subject now, Kaede.” Scolded the older Maeda and continued. “How did you know that I was moving in with Misaki?”

“I heard it from her after she came back inside the student council office. She mentioned that her recently married cousin.” She looked down on the table and placed a finger on top of her mouth, appearing to be in deep thought.

What was her name again? Mashu? Mashi? Ahhh! Mashiro.

She raised her head and looked at her brother like she had won the lottery. “The cousin’s name was Mashiro and she was the one who told Kaichou about that.”

He nodded in response and thought to himself.

What an aggressive person that Mashiro is.

6