Chapter 32: Gin and Shiro
124 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ten years ago

The blazing midday sun shone relentlessly on the young red haired boy. He lay flat on his stomach as he was beaten by the classmates that he challenged to a fight.

He slowly stood up and examined the bruises on his body. It wasn’t that bad and most of them were just a flesh wound.

Shiro Kurosaki dusted himself and arranged his clothes. He didn’t want to come back inside the classroom looking like he fell down the hill.

“You were funny back there.” A feminine voice spoke.

He turned to where the voice came from and saw his fellow classmate, Gin approach him while taking a bite of her foot long sandwich.

“What do you want, blondie?” Scowled the redhead in a volatile mood. “If you’ve come here to gloat, piss off. I’m in a bad mood right now.”

“Oh yes, I came here to laugh at you. I truly liked how our classmates ganged up on you and took turns in punching your sorry ass.” Mocked the blonde, finishing her sandwich in one last bite and tossing the wrapper onto the ground. “Don’t you get tired of being beaten up everyday? Are you some kind of a creep?”

“Shut up! You wont understand how I feel! That guy took everything away from me and I’m going to take it all back once again.”

“Oh, right. You were yapping about beating up this kid, Kazuya Maeda who defeated you on your own turf.” She yawned at him. “I don’t really care if you want to pick fights but I’m getting tired of watching you lose. Its like a lullaby for me now.”

He clenched his fists and his eyebrows furrowed deeply. This was the first time that he received an insult like this. She even had the audacity to tell him that he’s so boring that every time, he brawls with his classmates, it puts her to sleep which is the worst.

“You… I’ll kill you for this!”

Shiro raised his fist and threw a punch at her face but she quickly deflected it like she was swatting a fly.

This made him more angrier and tossed multiple punches at the same time.

Gin effortlessly dodged it like she was dancing in a ballet and threw her own punch that landed straight on Shiro’s face.

The impact of the punch made Shiro kneel on the ground, clutching his broken nose. A small pool of blood oozed out of it and the pain, he experienced was like being hit by a wooden plank.

The blonde clicked her tongue and brushed her long hair aside.

“Look what you did to my hand.”

She rubbed her knuckles onto her jacket and sighed. “You’re not even worth my time. So, don’t try another one.”

“Its just a lucky hit.” He muttered, standing up. “You’re just lucky that I took it easy on you.”

She raised a brow and planted a smug grin on her face, crossing her arms below her chest. “Is that so?”

“I’ll destroy you for insulting me blondie!” Shiro screamed. His tone was loud enough to be heard inside the building and it caught the attention of their schoolmates.

A large influx of students came out and encircled the two. Hushed whispers and a loud holler of cheers filled the air. The atmosphere was beginning to thicken as Shiro’s murderous intent radiated like he was on fire.

 “I’ll end you!” The young redhead threw multiple punches once again. It was sloppy at best and he looked like a toddler having a violent temper tantrum.

Once again, Gin moved like a professional ballerina, hovering through the wind and each step was graceful yet elegant.

“Quit moving around and let me hit you.” Shiro said, irritated. 

He wanted to beat her up so bad but with the way she moved. It seemed like she wasn’t taking him serious at all and this infuriated him to the point that all he could see was thin air brushing against his face.

Gin giggled at the sight of Shiro’s face getting all heated up and emanating a transparent smoke on the top of his head.

“Jeez. You are so slow.”

“Shut up!”

The crowd began to look saddened for the young red haired boy as it became a one sided fight. There were no more cheers or applause for him and all that was left is despair.

“I’ll end this now.” Gin said, her tone was soft and gentle as if she was talking to a baby. “Take this.”

She stopped and dodged to the side, avoiding Shiro’s fist. She then took a hold of his arm and flung him over her back.

He dropped onto the ground like a sack of freshly milled rice. His back facing the hot, scorched ground.

Lastly, Gin landed a punch on his face, knocking him out cold at an instant.

The crowd was stunned at what happened and hushed whispers filled the air once more. A few seconds later, loud cheering and applause erupted. They yelled out Gin’s name while clapping their hands. It was then they knew that she is the strongest of them all.

Not only did she silenced the red mad dog. She also played with him and danced to his tune until the end.

The blonde pulled off her jacket, revealing the black tank top that she wore. She tied the black garment along her waist and gestured for them to quiet down.

“You all see what happened here right?” Stated the young blonde girl and pointed her finger onto the unconscious Shiro. “It was all his fault. If ever that I get in trouble with our instructors, I would like your cooperation on matter.”

The crowd nodded their heads in agreement as they wouldn’t want to piss off their new alpha leader.

_

Later that afternoon

Shiro awoke to find himself inside the center’s infirmary and sat up. He still felt the nausea of being flung into the air and it made him sick. There were bandages all over his body as he was pretty banged up from the fight.

He shook his head in dismay over what happened. He was defeated by a girl. It was fine that he lost to his classmates due to them overpowering him but to be knocked unconscious by that blonde girl. How pathetic can he be?

He punched the mattress of his bed and ruffled his hair. 

That bitch had the nerve to make fun of me in front of the school! How dare she do that to me!

“There you go again, Shiro-kun.” A familiar voice spoke.

He turned his head around and saw Gin sitting beside his bed, peeling the skin of an apple.

“What are you doing here?” He asked in a violent tone of voice. “Tell me before I get off this bed and beat you up.”

“Yeah, I’m sure you can do that.” Gin replied sarcastically and began to chop the fruit, placing the pieces on a clear white bowl. “I couldn’t leave you outside the backyard to cook in the sun, so I had our schoolmates help me to bring you here.”

“Hmph.” The red haired boy grunted. “That’s so nice of you.”

“I think I like you now, Shiro-kun.”

His cheeks began to flush red when he heard her nonchalantly say that she liked him but he wanted to make sure that he wasn’t hearing her wrong.

“What do you mean by that? Do you like me as a friend or as a-“

He wasn’t able to finish his sentence as Gin told him that she liked him for real and he is her boyfriend now.

“Are you serious, Blondie?”

“Of course, you dummy.” Gin placed the bowl down on his lap and discarded the knife on the nightstand. “You were the first person that manage to keep up with me and even though your punches are sloppy. I think we can work something out for that.”

Shiro became more flustered and didn’t know what to say. He scratched the back of his head as the realization of getting a girl to fall for you through fighting is somewhat strange.

“Don’t call me Blondie anymore. I have a name too, you know and its Ginchiyo Hanataba.” She grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him close to her. “You can call me Gin-chan, okay?”

Shiro nodded in agreement as he didn’t want to add new bruises to his body. He also came to another realization that girls are indeed scary.

1