Chapter 39.1: Message
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few weeks later

Shiro got discharged from the hospital and was sent home by the personal doctor assigned to him by Misaki. The silver haired girl thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on him as he might cause a scene if left unchecked.

The red haired delinquent walked outside, looking fresh like a newborn baby and his girlfriend, Ginchiyo stood in front of the entrance. Clad in a black camisole over a green track jacket with matching pants and white running shoes. Her long blonde hair was styled in a high ponytail and a faint smell of alcohol lingered in her.

She busily typed on her phone and her gaze quickly switched over to her boyfriend as soon as she saw him approaching.

“I thought you would never get out, you moron.” The blonde delinquent switched off her phone before putting it in her pocket. “So, did you learn something while you’re confined to a hospital bed?”

“Yeah, I had the most peaceful days of my life and the folks there are more agreeable than you.” Shiro scoffed. “Who were you texting? Is that your side boy?”

Gin gave the red head, a menacing look that made him step back and swallow his own saliva.

“My mother messaged me out of the blue and wanted to see me.”

“Oh, you mean that old hag?”

“Don’t call my mother that, you blockhead.” The blonde said. “You should come along and show yourself to her.”

“And why would I need to do that? You’re the one that she wants to see.”

Gin shook her head in dismay and what came next was a sharp smack on her boyfriend’s head. “Don’t make me say it twice.”

“Okay, okay.” Shiro rubbed the sore part of his head and sighed. “I just got out of the hospital and this is what I get? Cant you be more ladylike?”

“You’ll get more than that if you continue to make me mad.” Gin crossed her arms below her chest. “And for your information, I am the most ladylike person out here. Don’t you see that I put on a lot of effort of dressing up?”

Shiro’s eyes widened and planted a confused look on his face. Did he heard her right or was his ears still not working properly after being treated.

You? A ladylike person? There’s no way that would happen! Its better to see pigs flying in the sky instead.

“Idiot!” Gin turned around and stormed off, her mood worsened upon seeing him look at her like she said something impossible.

The red head sighed as he shook his head and followed suit.

_

The couple closed the large sturdy oak door behind them as they went inside. Tall brick walls obstructed the view from the outside and the atmosphere around the compound gave a heavy feeling of isolation. One would think that they would be in another world as all you could see was vast land filled with lush greenery and thick stalks of bamboo.

As they walked along the stone paved road, a bamboo water fountain can be heard from a distance making a loud clacking sound whenever it would hit the bottom.

They stopped in front of a large house in the center of the estate. The look of the walls and roof gave a castle like exterior with its traditional theme.

Gin took ahold of the outer partition door and slid it aside.

“I’m back home!” Yelled the blonde as she went inside.

The red head followed and closed the door behind them. An eerie silence greeted both of the two while they took off their shoes in the foyer.

Shiro couldn’t help but feel creeped out with every moment that he’s here and fought the urge to run away.

The couple traversed the hallway, moving past the living room in which he didn’t get a clear of view of the furniture inside as the windows were covered by thick black curtains preventing any ray of sunlight from seeping through but heard a grandfather clock, ticking continuously and produced a loud yet ominous sound.

He then heard a ruckus of plates, being stacked atop and a loud gushing of water flowing down from a faucet coming the room next to them. This must be the kitchen or the washroom, he thought to himself.

The hallway was plain and felt like an endless tunnel with each second they moved.

They then went up a set of stairs and reached the second floor where another door appeared in front of them.

Gin entered the room along with her boyfriend, closing the door behind them.

A tall blonde woman with an alluring body stood in front of the two, dressed in a black one piece long sleeved body-con dress that gave an ample view of her cleavage and made her figure more prominent. She also had a bewitching face and her bluish green eyes pierced through Shiro turning him more creeped out than before.

“Chiyo.” The woman exhaled the smoke that she puffed from her pipe, looking at her daughter with discernment. “You came.”

“I received your sudden message. Can you tell me what’s this all about, Mother?” The blonde delinquent asked.

“I heard that you’ve been fired from your job.” The woman then switched her gaze back to the red head. “Because of this young man.”

“Yeah but I got a new job now and it pays really well.” Gin walked towards the couch, dragging her boyfriend by hand and they flopped themselves on it. “What made you text me?”

“It’s about your boyfriend.” Her mother approached them and sat on the opposite furniture. She blew out smoke from pipe before continuing. “I think its about time, you introduced me to your boyfriend. After all, he’s going to be my son-in-law.”

“That’s your mother?” Shiro asked, looking at Gin with total disbelief in his face. All this time, he thought that his girlfriend’s mother was an old hag as Gin told him that her looks really “horrible” and even showed him a picture on her phone.

He didn’t expect that Gin’s mother was a total beauty and packed quite the package too.

“I thought you said that she looked like a crone from the picture you showed me.”

“Shiro.” Gin cleared her throat and looked at her boyfriend with a serious expression. “Don’t be fooled. She pays to receive treatments from top doctors in order to keep her look young.”

“What are you saying, Chiyo! I am still young and beautiful.” The woman exclaimed and extended her hand to the red head delinquent. “I’m Ginchiyo’s mother, Yumeko and I heard so much about you from my friend, Meiko.”

Shiro shook hands with Gin’s mother but he wondered on where he heard that name, Meiko before.

A sudden jolt of thought flashed through his brain and realized that her friend, Meiko is the same person who had him abducted and brought to an unknown building.

She knows about what happened that night?

Yumeko had an astute smirk and crossed her legs as she continued to smoke her pipe, looking at the young man who was now embarrassed.

“Don’t worry, I wont judge you. I know that you only did that because you love my daughter so much.”

Gin rested her back on the couch and crossed her arms. “Are you going to give us your blessing or what?”

“My my.” Yumeko giggled to herself. “We will get to that soon but first, I want you both to stay here and relax.”

With a flick of her wrist, the door opened and two burly men dressed in white scrubs came in.

They approached the couple and picked up Gin by her shoulders like she was arrested.

“What’s the meaning of this, Mother?!” frantically screamed the young blonde while she struggled to get free.

“You’re going to be locked in your room for a rehab. I cant have you married off to this young man while you’re a raging alcoholic.” Yumeko explained and gestured for them to move along.

The two burly men dragged the young blonde away while she struggled with all her might.

Yumeko then switched her gaze to Shiro who was obviously relieved that Gin is going to be treated for violent drunken outbursts.

“I hope you learned your lesson that night, young man.” Smiled the woman. “And I’m glad that you managed to stay with Chiyo even if she forced you to be her boyfriend.”

What happened that night was still fresh to Shiro Kurosaki’s memory as the pain and suffering that he received that day is something, he cant forget.

2