Chapter 40.1: Arrival
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kuroha Fujibayashi thought she was ready to face her little sister in the town of Yokaharu but she didn't expect her to come out of an S&M club while traversing the busy streets.

Her eyes became wide in shock and disbelief made her jaw drop. She couldn't believe that Misaki would be working at such an establishment.

That couldn't be my little sister.

She walked towards the building and went inside where she was greeted by a young female receptionist with long black hair.

Welcome! Are you looking to book a session or do you have a prior reservation scheduled for today?”

Dumbfounded, the older Fujibayashi approached the young woman and asked.

the silver haired girl who left the building. Does she work here?”

Yes, she does but she isn't available for a single session though as she works with her blonde friend.”

It can't be Misaki, right?, thought the older woman who was still clearly in denial. “What's her name?”

Let me look that up for you.” the receptionist switched her gaze to her computer screen. With a few clicks, she glanced back up to Kuroha.

Her name is Misaki Fujibayashi.” The young receptionist placed a form on top and added a black pen beside it. “Would you like to book a session?”

No, thank you for your help.” Kuroha turned around and left the building, her mood suddenly became sullen and it was like the whole world stopped for a while.

She aimlessly wandered the streets until she came by a cafe. She needed something to drink, in order to ease her mind.

The small golden bell on top of the brown wooden door flung backwards, emitting a soft chime as it was hit when the door opened.

Cold air from the air conditioning unit brushed against her face, it was a small comfort from the heat outside.

Kuroha closed the door behind her and looked around. The cafe itself had a modern, minimalist and at home feel to it. The relaxed ambiance was popular among the customers.

Welcome.” A tall young man with brown hair approached her, square tray in hand. “We have a vacant table just for you.”

Not paying attention to what the young man is saying, she went along with what he was saying.

She was brought to a table beside the window and served a complementary bread basket.

After a few minutes, the young man returned with a long menu that looked like a folder and handed it over to her.

xx

Meanwhile in the Maeda Residence

Toshiro thoroughly inspected the cards in his hand. He had a total number of fifteen cards in hand. He was sure to win this time against Kaede and Keiji who invited himself in.

Lady luck was sure smiling down on him, this time and with the looks of it, both of their cards are sure to bust since, they looked gloomy.

Alright, let's face off.” Kaede said and dropped her cards on the table. A whooping number of eighteen was the value of her cards.

Pleased with herself, the young heiress planted a smug grin on her face.

How's that? Pretty cool huh?”

Ooooh.” Keiji nodded his head. “Here's mine.”

The fat young man placed his cards down. His card had the total of nineteen and was almost close to being twenty.

Her smug attitude quickly turned upside down after seeing that she was defeated. “Tsk.”

Keiji then turned his attention to Toshiro who was obviously looking like he lost everything.

Let me guess, you lost again?”

Yeah” was all Toshiro could muster. After all, he had the lowest value of cards in this round.

He showed his cards on the table and the game came to a conclusion.

Quick and loud footsteps came approaching and the door opened. A tall muscular man who was dressed in a gray business outfit entered the room along with four men clad similar outfits.

You lost again, boy?” Nobunaga crossed his arms, smirking like he knew that it was going to happen.

You really have no talent in gambling, boy.” a mohawk haired man chided in.

Do you really have what it takes to be in the Maeda family, boy?” another one from the group joined in.

The five of them guffawed at the young man's misfortune in playing cards.

1