Chapter 7
570 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      "The poor girls been given journey," the doctor with half his face slumped exclaimed. He had been watching over the woman for the better part of half a day and done his best to flush her system of all the chemical cocktails that had been swimming in her bloodstream. It had been a slow process. Some of the physical changes were irreversible.

      Alex had found her completely by accident. After being told where he could purchase a new AI he arrived at the black market storefront to discover a pack of malcontents eagerly waiting for the sale of some new merchandise. After a brief interjection he had learned exactly what they were eager to buy. The store had been a front for one of the sex slave trafficking networks in the city. Naturally he wasn't going to tolerate that. The eager purchasers ran the moment he stunned the guard and disarmed the owner. This was followed by a not so quick firefight, one which he was certainly not trying to leave the scene in a bloodbath. When he discovered the stunningly attractive woman tied naked to a gurney, her eyes wide open and dilated, his first instinct was to rescue her. Now as he studied her facial symmetry, her thin lips, and beautiful hair, he was glad he could spare this creature from the abject torture that had been waiting for her. He was glad the doctor had wrapped her in new blankets and shielded her modesty, her breasts were beyond dispute the most amazing he had ever seen. Her nipples matching her eyes.

      Alex tried to clear his head and rubbed his eyes. He had never heard of a drug called journey before, it sounded kind of romantic. "What's that exactly?" He asked.

      "It's a highly affective drug that once administered binds with the core neurons of the brain and stimulates the..."

      "Just skip the science," it was suddenly not sounding so romantic.

      "It rewrites the neural hardware of the brain making the victim addicted to sexual pleasure. Specifically addicted to the chemicals created from orgasm," he said the words without pausing. The lights seem to dim as he made this prognosis.

      A drug that makes you addicted to sex. Perish the thought. "Is there a cure?"

      The old man rubbed the stubble on his chin while searching his memory, "I have read that the massive chemical changes that occur from pregnancy can override or temporarily mask the addiction? But I'm not certain."

      There was no end to the range of narcotics and medical invention in the reach, this one was further in the darker side of the spectrum he had seen. Alex adjusted his jacket and leaned against the wall. The air in the room smelled of chlorine and cleaning supplies. He normally hated that smell, but it was much more pleasant than the sulfuric smells outside.

      "So it's designed to create sex slaves, who came up with this?" It was clever, but beyond cruel, Alex noted to himself.

      "It came from off world, the regimes been trying to find the supplier." The doctor grunted.

      "I guess that hasn't been effective," Alex suddenly felt even more sorry for the beautiful woman laying in a coma on the medical bed.

      "It looks like she's only been given one dose which is the only good news." The doctor crossed his arms. Their was a mechanical noise humming in the room as the air conditioning struggled to maintain a warm temperature.

      "What?"

      "I've received patients who've been given multiple doses, after three their minds our so gone they can't even remember their own names, and they become ravenous. They'll let themselves be used to the point of death." The doctors eyes seemed to grow cold as he told the story, clearly he had seen his share of horrors in this district. "If she's only been given one dose she should still have full control of her faculties and be able to make conscious decisions, but she will always have a supremely heightened level of libido. She'll have to have training to control her urges which will be constant."

      "You sound like you know her."

      "I do, I was about to operate on her in fact."

      "Operate on her? Is she sick?" Alex studied her again, even in a coma she didn't appear afflicted.

      "No nothing like that, she was to receive a level 3 mind impulse connection and neural implants."

      Alex raised his eyebrow. It was standard cybernetics for pilots or void ship operators. She clearly didn't have the hallmarks of anyone who had seen space before.

      "She wanted to be a pilot, she was determined to undergo the procedure even without anesthesia to afford the cost." The doctors voice trailed as he finished his sentence.

      Alex studied her again, she didn't have the muscle mass normally required to be a pilot. She obviously didn't have training.

      "I told her it was foolish, but she was adamant. She wanted off this world, her mind was always focused on it."

      "So she was a dreamer?"

      Silence met the room as Alex made the declaration. The doctor seemed to be in agreement, "I guess so."

      "Can she still have the operation? Even with these complications," Alex asked.

      "I don't see why not."

      "Then do it, I'll pay for level one equipment and for the full procedure...anesthesia included," he emphasized the anesthesia part. If the doctor had been willing to even consider doing it without such before it was worrisome.

      "You sure?"

      Alex grunted, of course he was sure and he was getting slightly annoyed. He hated repeated himself after agreeing on expensive procedures. "What was her name?"

      "Chloe, Chloe butcher."

      Chloe Butcher, the name sounded strange. She didn't look like a Chloe, she looked more like an Anastasia or something more exotic. Such a simple rustic name for something so glowing. It was more than a crime in his mind that someone tried to twist her into a sex slave, it was heresy. He had come seeking a long lost lover, but instead he had found her. He guessed it was a start.

7