Chapter 19
405 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anarchy...Rebellion...Resistance...

Three words that were synonymous with each other and represented the bedrock of human usurpation. These notions were as ancient as the human race itself and were known to take physical form. Hundreds of cultures from hundreds of worlds all had their examples of each of these fundamental concepts. But while each culture Alexander had visited might have several different icons of anarchism there was always 'the' symbol of anarchy. One easily identifiable message or symbol or icon that spoke for the whole. Sometimes it was difficult to notice for the new arrival, but to those who lived there it was obvious.

The interesting thing about the city of morning was that it had two cultures, one that permeated into the surrounding topography, and another rotting away at its center. For the people who grew up in the sheltered walls of the capital city under a red stained sky, the symbolism for rebellion stood out quickly.

A risen sun.

He noticed it graffitied on the walls and tattooed on many a thrill seeker. But for the nook the symbol was in stark contrast. 'The' symbol of anarchy and resistance was not a risen sun, but a black orb encapsulating a badge of office. As if they were sending a bleak message to the enforces posted to create some form of order no matter how small.

The icon could be found almost everywhere; on street corners, bar stools, ad boards, glass windows, jewelry, clothing. It was a persistent and awkward emblem that even stood out on the door to the hotel chambers he had rented.

Alexander Gunn glared at it as if expecting some greater mystery to bestow itself before shaking his head. Whoever had carved the emblem in all the doors was not an artisan, more likely one of countless upstarts who had nothing better to do.

He opened the door and walked inside. The smell of dust and sweat overcame him for a moment as he took in the room. the woman he had rescued was no longer sleeping on the firm mattress. The sound of running water could be heard from the adjacent wall. Steam leaked from the seams of the bathroom door, and Alexander fought the primitive urge to peer inside. He sat down on the couch and felt the floor groan under the sudden change in weight.

Alexander couldn't deny he was worried, a calamity had just descended from orbit only hours ago. The entire city was on high alert, and more than likely the space port was closed and off limits. Outside the nook people were panicking, enforcers and military personnel were securing every vital checkpoint and district. It was strange though that inside the nook, business went on as usual. In fact it seemed even more relieved than before, as if the removal of even the sliver of patrolling enforcers had created a temporary peace. Of course it was only a brief pause in the interlude of intergang warfare and street politics. The sudden change in the outside environment was enough to make those who ruled the streets to pause or make quick capital gains while studying their neighbors. Soon it would erupt into violence again more than likely.

As he pondered this the door opened, and parting the billowing steam emerged a very pale woman. Chloe Bolter strutted inside commandingly, her shoulders held high and her eyes piercing into the gloom. Gone was the broken and abused victim, the woman before him was very much in control of her faculties...at least for the moment.

"Its good to see you're..." he voiced as his eyes fought to remain focused on her face. She hadn't even bothered to cover herself. Her augmented body looked like it had changed even further. It was as if the mold of her flesh had been restitched and remade into something perfect to please the sexual appetite of any man. Her veins were delicate cobwebs under enhanced muscle tissue, her hair was a luscious gold mane that extended on one side to her waist. Her stomach was flat and toned, her breasts voluptuous and engorged.

"Just tell me why you brought me here?" she was straight to the point. It occurred to him that she acted that way on purpose. Already her mind was straining to fight against her addiction, she probably only had a couple of hours at most before her need would be demanded to be sated. Already one of her hands was drifting close to her most sensitive folds between her legs. She wasn't even doing it consciously, her body was reacting to the sensitivity in the air and the steam. She was already being tempted to find release to relieve the forever building chemical processes urging her to reach orgasmic relief.

"I didn't want to leave you out there, its just that simple." He realized she was fighting her own inhibitions to stare at him. Her eyes drifting up and down as if eager to see more. "That and maybe we can both help each other?"

He knew the moment he said it it would be taken incorrectly. She studied him, not frightened but alarmed.

"You see I want to get off this world...as soon as possible, and I have come to the realization that my Starcraft will be out of reach." he paused to let her consider this while remaining conscious of the time, "I believe there is a way to leave before whatever is happening up there," he pointed up, "will be down here."

Chloe crossed her arms, she bit her lip to suppress a moan as her damp forearms rubbed against her overly sensitive skin. Her hard nipples probably felt like needles.

Alexander continued, "The problem is that the way to get off this world would require some...lets call it improvising. And someone with the correct modifications."

She realized he was talking about the new implants she had been given, "why don't you get them?"

Alexander leaned back not realizing how that somehow made her even more uncomfortable, "I've had enough splice surgery for one life, I'm not eager to remove more pieces of myself."

She raised an eyebrow to that. He looked completely natural without a single alteration or implant on him. He could tell she was thinking about this and wondering how he could have possibly have endured any surgeries in the past. He was fine with her ignorance. He got up from the couch and presented a heavy container.

Chloe looked at the box then back at him. After what Alex would consider an awkward pause, Chloe took the box and walked away. inside was a collection of gear and a suitable garb. She picked one of the pieces of denim and let it fall back inside.

"Whats wrong, did I not get your size right?" he knew he had. He had more than one sensory implant to make the proper assessment.

She looked back at him as if annoyed, her morning accent always caught him off guard as she spoke, "Its fine, just this kind of stuff doesn't feel...comfortable anymore."

Alexander shrugged his shoulders and rubbed the stubble on his chin, "What would make you feel comfortable then?"

She turned to face him, her eyes were no longer strong and glaring. They were overworked and strained. "You can leave the room please...just for now."

Alexander didn't need to be told twice, she wouldn't be able to hold back her inner temptations much longer. And he wasn't about to take advantage of her, he wasn't that kind of degenerate. He nodded and walked to the door, "Think about my proposal. We can be partners in this endeavor."

As he left the room he could already tell Chloe was losing control. He closed the door behind him and sighed a gasp of relief. What would he have done if she threw herself onto him? The thought made him grin. There was more than one thing she could offer him if she agreed to helping him. Damnit maybe he was that kind of degenerate after all.

3