Unexpected
51 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

////3rd person pov///

A bald man on the side of the adventurers burst in speed together with 2 others. 

The remaining adventurers started forming a defensive formation to protect the supports and mages who will be healing and becoming the second damage dealer.

The old man on the side of the slave merchants just smirked before clashing with the big bald man. 

Their fists met and force them back equally. No one said any words and they just continue exchanging fists left and right. 

The fight is intense, the knights and adventurers are after each other's necks and hearts.

It is clear that the knights are in a disadvantage because honestly the adventurers party is a full exploration team with supports, vanguard, tank, and damage dealers.

Tho in a very unfair matchup, they are still holding up. Their shields and armors were preventing damage to their fatal area, but how much can they hold on the barrage of attacks that send shocks to the whole body instead of targeting one vital point?

They can only stay in defensive, the reason they have such a small party is because they thought that they will just be chasing slaves, but never would they thought that there's something more to the sandwich they wish they know. 

At this point, the battle is no longer about that creature, it's now a battle of interest.

On another place on the battlefield, a more chaotic duel is happening. A boy and an archer are chasing each other under a rain of arrows. This rain of arrows were not casted by a single person. One was casted by the small boy, rain of magic arrows. On other hand, the more powerful looking ones were casted by an archer with s wierd bladed bow, armor piercing arrows.

They both dance the dance of death and evading each others attack with ease.

They do seems to be equal in power and speed. They soon got bored of just evading and doing nothing. The bowman unsheathed a pair of shiny daggers with a hook tip that have the function of gouging out meat when pulling out the daggers from the enemy's body. 

As for the small boy, he got a big staff with a big spiky head. It sure is heavy and just by looking at it, it's the sort of staff an earth mage will use. 

The small boy skillfully manipulated the earth and making spikes and walls while the bowman just simply walk through them like nothing. 

They both showed no emotions, showing emotions in a battle will let your enemies understand your situations and can make predictions on your next move. Same can be said for speaking. Sadly only high level people with lots of experience battling and experienced soldiers are able to do this.

The boy started chanting a spell, but too bad for him he showed too much emotions for the bowman to be ready. He is fearful and desperate, he is just trying to hide everything deep bellow. His fear made him accidentally create some holes in defense.

The bowman blurred like a shadow and returned with a head still fresh with blood flowing from it. 

The merchants got shocked by such an outcome and of course, will the adventurers let go of this opportunity where they are distracted? Of course not.

Soon more blood splashed the ground, their morales quickly going down. 

 But it's not the end, soon another one died. It's the woman with unfortunate haircut. The one who killed her was a healer or more specifically, a priest. She died a gross death, her body half melted and oozing some disgusting smell. Better expect that a good healer doesn't only master healing, but also cursed and poisons.

The old man can only sigh in disapointment. He draw back at a safe distance before smiling.

" My pleasure to be able to spar with you, guild examiner.

But I do think that we're running out of time.

See ya in the future" 

Then he disappeared into thin air, leaving the knights to die on their own. The betrayal really did broke them even tho they know that they are just disposable tools in the first place.

The adventurer guild didn't remain untouched tho. They lost 8 priests and 2 archers. But it's still a victory nonetheless.

The bald man stared at a random ghost for a second before showing a casual smile.

" I apologize for the owner of this place for causing a fight in your territory" 

The ghost seems surprised.

" We mean no harm, we are only sent to investigate the danger of this place and it seems like mister owner proved his innocence." 

The bald man just smiled.

" May we have the honor to met the owner of this place for a cooperation?" 

His actions caught the attentions of the others, but they didn't mind it too much because it's not really their business.

The ghost ponder for a moment, before leaving after nobbing.

The bowman goes to his side while cleaning the blood of his hand.

" This place seems more intelligent as we thought, its way of blocking our senses is impressive.

We wouldn't have known where it is if not for the unusual news."

For the adventurers, the mission is too explore a dangerous place, but only the team leaders and higher ups know that the real purpose of this exploration is to contact the mysterious dungeon. They know it's a dungeon because of its mana. 

Of course the trio knew some stuffs about it because of Eve, that person who really likes to research. He accidentally stumbled upon the discovery one day, but decided to keep it to Leah and Avera only. It's their little secret because they know they can get themselves killed if someone discover about the matter.

" Yeah

It's quite tricky, we need to contact the dungeon before those shitty dungeon leechers appeared"

The bald man sat down on a rock.

Dungeon leechers as they are called, is a group of merchants that exploit and turn dungeons into their personal money slaves.

They are like a branch made by those pesky slave merchants to mess up with the adventurer guild and to create profits.

As it is known, the adventurer guild treat dungeons as holy ground. That's mainly because the founder of the adventurer guild is the dungeon master of one of the biggest dungeons in the 'this' continent and is pretty much alive.

The group continue to build their camps while the three leaders wait outside while eating some roasted wild boar.

Soon, four figures appeared from the dense mist.

//// Mc's pov////

The fight was terrifying, they are absurbly strong.

I kind of feel helpless at this point, why are so many people looking for my face? Like, c'mon there are so many dungeons out there more special than me.

I should have put my dungeon deeper in the forest so no one can desturb my peace.

Anyways, the fight was a total slaughter. I'm not used to such sight. The most gruesome part is the fight of that white robe person. The moment the fight started he already injected poison on the unfortunate haircut girl. 

The poison is not acting fast, but it's melting her from inside out as she scream in pain. It's sending chills down my spine.

They finish the fight relatively quick and there comes the most fearful part, they know of my existence and that's proven by that bald man.

Suddenly I feel so weak, the anxiety is breaking me down from the inside. It took me a while to calm down....I want to get stronger... strong enough to protect myself.

I quickly called out to the trio, I need to know the identity of those people before even agreeing to them.

(((( Please do let me know of any grammatical errors))))

3