Failure
46 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" hmmm I heard of someone like that.

Remember when I told you about that other town?

I heard there's a famous person there that fits your description"

Eve pondered for a moment.  Currently we are uhhhh inside the wing decor shop first floor.

They think this building is amazing, but Leah think something else is more amazing.

She caught a group of the cabbages who just returned from playing at the incomplete second floor. She's really fond of them and they doesn't seems to mind. Their only matter is if you're comfortable to hug or not. Such innocence.

But unfortunately she have to let them go because we have more stuffs to do.

" You're talking about that examiner of the guild there?

He's indeed a very famous person"

Leah seems to know him as well.

" About the other 2?"

I asked

" The white robe one is not as famous as the examiner. That priest is known to be someone safe to be friends with, but not safe in battlefield.

The bow wielder is hmmm haven't heard of him before"

Leah looked at Avera and that look is a question if he know that person since he's a scout and an archer too.

" Don't look at me like that, I don't know anything"

He quickly denied.

" Hmmm that person..I don't know too"

Eve

" This can be troublesome, btw is there any part of them that is bad? Like, are they scheming and evil?"

I want to be sure before making any contacts.

" I haven't heard of anything bad about the examiner and the priest. I can't really trust everything I read, so I'm not that sure if they are bad or not"

Eve is feeling helpless too.

" You said they want to talk, right?

Why not send us? 

We're also adventurers so we might be able to have some conversation with them. And plus, we have Eve, this idiot is someone a lot of merchants hate for overanalyzing their tricks to gain more customers." 

Avera suggested and everyone seems to agree, everyone but me.

It's really too dangerous and they can get themselves killed.

" It's too dangerous of a task" 

I denied

" But we have no one else to send over and absolutely not you"

Eve, they're right, but I just can't bear to see a friend being killed!

" Father, I can guard them.

Unlike everyone, I can be revived" 

My lil daughter entered the room, Ohhh yeah I haven't entroduced her to everyone yet.

" Ahhh that's..

What's your name, lady?

Dang it Eve, hold your curiosity!!

Leah is totally glaring at you.

" Hmm met my daughter, every creatures here are my children anyways." 

I introduced her and she gave a good bow. Pretty.

" -sigh- ........." 

They're making me make a hard decision.

".........

Fine! But I demand that you'll will return alive" 

Dang it.

Additionally I whispered something to my good smol child

"Be wary of Leah" 

I'm still thinking about names to give them, but hmmm maybe later.

The spared no time and prepared their stuffs for safety precautions. 

I wonder if I can grow metal in my dungeon, uhh I mean ores.

I didn't absorbed any metals actually and so it might give me a surprise, but I think this is not the time for such stuffs.

They are already at the entrance ready to go, I also made lots of ghosts I reserve to go underground and guard them. If something dangerous happened they can divert the attentions while the others escape.

Another thing, I gave my daughter the name 'Ashley' and 'Sier' on my oldest which is the first cabbage folk I created.

Of course I have names for the others as well because they might become too jealous.

Speaking of cabbages, some of them found interests in music and sometimes occasionally burrow the headset and phone. They are becoming more independent now with their own hobbies. Some also started to care for the plants while one particular individual for some unknown reason managed to make a mount from a ghost.

My oldest on the other hand have some wierd obsession with catching fishes, unfortunately we don't have fishing rod and no one seems to know what a fishing rod is. Now I'm kinda curious how they caught fish.

Nvm, enough of that. Under my careful observations they are now making their way into the camp. I also made sure to scout every places for traps and other nasty stuffs. 

Since Ashley is the only one I'm able to contact and talk to, I'm making her tell them the correct path.

They soon arrived at the camp without any problems.

There at the entrance are three men waiting for them and they seems surprised.

"An adventurer?" 

The bald man and the 2 people besides him were genuinely surprised and honestly if it's me I will also be surprised since it's very unusual.

Their eyes soon shifted to Ashley and it seems that they can still remember.

" Pleasure to meet you, this humble one is the dear daughter of my great father" 

She seems to be kind of looking down on them a bit and my cringe antenna is blaring up. 

Fufufufufufufu I need to really teach her some proper conversation techniques because she might not get any friends.

 -Said by someone who hate talking.

" Eve, a researcher magician," 

"Leah, a guardian." 

"Avera, scout" 

They introduced themselves

" Ohh how rude of us.

Please pardon.

Lishka, a guild examiner" 

The bald man scratch his head probably out of habbit.

"Shas, assassin" 

He seems similar to Avera with how he act.

"Ken, a normal priest" 

He smiled full of blossom.

"Hmm hmm let's get to the topic, shall we?" 

Eve just gave a simple nob 

The trio are not really bothered by their fame. 

" Yes yes, may I assume that you all have connections with the owner of this place?

We wanted to propose a cooperation with the owner of this place" 

The bald man stand on front the of the other 2.

I told something to Ashley

" Father want to ask what the terms are" 

Her soothing voice ring over the place.

" We're asking for an agreement to not attack the outside world and in return this place wouldn't be attacked either. 

We're also seeking to build a branch here for the dungeon and permission to collect resources in the territory of the dungeon. 

This will be a two way cooperation where the adventurer guild will protect the dungeon at all cost from the danger in return of access to explore the dungeon. " 

The priest moved forward and offered a parchment where the entirety of the terms are written. Apparently this place became a danger zone and there are possibilities of monster flood happening because of the influx in Mana. 

The presence of a dungeon with a dungeon master made the threat greater and so they need to make sure that this place will not produce too much monsters.

I'm very very angry, this is more like an order than a cooperation. Do they think I'm their subordinate that they can freely order!?!?

Eve and others are also dissatisfied by it, greatly dissatisfied.

" Are you ordering us? This is more like an order than a request." 

Eve said 

" Yes it is, it can't be avoided" 

Priest.

"What about we change the terms? 

We are free to do whatever we want as long as we don't attack people outside our territory?" 

Eve

" Unfortunately we can't do that, we have to make sure the dungeon doesn't produce too much monsters."

Bald man

" This is our territory, we can make as many as we want and it's none of your business" 

Ashley.

I'm not going to let someone restrict me with orders, letting them get control over the population of my monster will be like them putting a choker at my neck.

" It's our rules, we can't change it" 

The bald man helplessly shake his head.

" It's our responsibility to make sure that dungeons don't go out of control" 

The assassin.

Man this is hard.

They have a point, but it's not like we're just going to let them put those restrictions on us.

The conversation continue from minutes to hours without any conclusion.

What we want is that we are free to do whatever the hell we want in this place and we wouldn't attack, but they want me to restrict the number of monsters I can have and there are even restrictions to number of monsters every floor. 

I'm very disapointed at the guild, very fucking disapointed! 

The terms are basically the same as me being under their total control.

In the end the cooperation is a total failure.

I quickly arranged for everyone to come back after the meeting.

They told us that since it's a failure, we will not be under their protection, but we will be free.

I don't care if they send army down my way, I didn't live to be restricted.

Man, I'm so tired.

After everyone returned, I quickly fell asleep.

(((( Please let me know of any grammatical errors.

Tbh I'm also not expecting the chapter to turn out like this. For starters, I write with just my mind and no plot. I'm just writing without knowing where the story will actually go and that's what is fun with it.

As you can see, there are lots of potholes, but NVM because I'm just writing for fun ))))

4