Meeting the former slaves
33 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was dragged into the small village by a happy trio and a pair of siblings. 

Why do I keep forgetting about the integration I need to do to the cabbages and stuffs? The modifications of Sier is also on schedule but I don't have sufficient dp.

Nvm

Soon I'm on front of me people, I'm too lazy to count them but according to the reports there 50 of them.

They seems to looked surprised and looks curious.

" Guys, this is Fufy, the owner of this place" 

((((Surprise surprise, now you don't have to be confused about his name))))

Ahhh dang it, put me down. I struggle to break free from the hands of Leah holding me up from the ground. Hey don't just chuckle there you two flower boys! Ashley and Sier looks very satisfied at what Leah is doing. Dang it you siblings!!

In the end Leah finally put me down. The former slaves are looking at me strangely as if they are expecting something better, but soon their expressions turned into that of gratitude and awe.

No one is making noises other than whispers. Is this what it looks like when people are expecting you to say something like a speech and you actually have no idea what to say? 

" Uhh do I have to do a speech or something?" 

I whisper at Avera and he only gave me a nob, same for everyone else other than Ashley who sneaked in some words like "show your dominance, father". Seriously, what a silly kid. Hopefully she won't influence Sier.

I looked at the expecting eyes of the crowds, is this a custom here. I think I saw a lot of things about speech and it's included in the culture category. I don't know of it's really a culture or just an error at that time, but now I know that it's certainly a culture and tradition.

Looks like I can't escape. I cleared my throat before starting.

" As you already know, I'm the owner of this place. If you're thinking about taxes and stuffs like that, then don't worry because I don't care about those. 

Since it's pretty much given that you folks will soon become a permanent citizen of my place because of your situations, it's good that entroduce myself properly.

I'm a dungeon master and this place is a dungeon, I'm pretty sure some of you already know. There's no use hiding this because it's going to be known sooner or later.

I'm quite lax with things and tend to not care that much, but uhh please don't overhunt animals when you can. Only hunt what you really need, whether it be for fur or meat. Don't overhunt because the meat will just spoil if not consumed and that's wasting precious food.

I may be a monster, but at least I'm better than most humans.

This place is actually needing in experienced people. We have manpower, but we don't have people to manage and process our materials.

If you have any capabilities like craftsmanship, blacksmithing, sewing, etc just make sure to contact these people" 

That's a pretty good speech, well, at least in my standards. I don't really know how to do s proper speech.

After my speech, they all looked at each other before nobbing. Then they all now to show their gratitude. 

" We can't be more thankful enough, please receive this.

It's not valuable, but it's a show of our gratitude" 

An old man who seems to be their leader gave me a carved leaf with great craftsmanship.

I know that artworks done with such incredible craftsmanship is priceless.

" It's too precious, is it just ok for me to accept it?" 

I'm pretty concerned since it might be a family heirloom or something very important to them.

" What you gave us is more precious than this. We couldn't have dream more of a paradise like this." 

He pushed back the carved leaf on my hand.

" If elder said so, I'll make sure to keep safe such a beautiful piece of art" 

I keep it carefully under my leaves. 

" Please follow is, we prepared a simple dinner as a sign of my thanks"

Looking back, I saw everyone nobbing. 

We were guided to a simple house by the elderly man. There are lots of children here. They seems really curious and think I'm cute. I do have soft spot for children so I ended up spending bits of time with them and also some talks with the more mature people.

I need to do so to get a favourable impression, will you like it if your residents hate you? Most probably not, unless you have some fetish of sort which is just so wierd. 

Meanwhile in the house was a table full of fish related food and stuffs.

" The cooking is impressive"

I tasted some, it can't compare to the one cooked by Leah, but it's also quite good.

" Thanks^^" 

A young man and a young woman joined us and the man giving me thanks. I guess they're the ones who cooked the food?.

I don't feel like eating is their purpose here. 

"So uhmmm mister Fufy, we would like to talk about the current situation of my people. As you know, we are all former slaves and being escape slaves, we don't have places anywhere else.

Is it true that we can stay here?" 

The old man asked with great concern, well, I can understand his concern but I feel like unnecessary because I don't ditch people out of nowhere.

" You can rest assure"

I smiled, forgetting the fact that I noticed my height play more rules than I imagined, like, seriously my body is so small.

" -sigh- 

I also want to discuss what our future will be like. As you said, this is a dungeon and dungeons always get adventurers. Will we be one of the defenders of this place" 

Him

" The position of defending this place is voluntary and up to the person, but if it's a desperate and really really sure situation, I hope you can help .

About the relationship of my dungeon to the adventurers guild, it's something very very bad" 

It seems like it's only him that's driving the conversation and I'm only answering. I need to participate like a real person too and not just answering questions.

" There's the case of the thing related to working I mentioned. Some people might think that it's working for free to the dungeon as payment for the stay. But no, obviously not, we pay people for their works and the reason we asked about people working with things like mining and craftsman is to better make this place livable and to improve lives. 

It's also about creating weapons and armors, but there's also that topic where our resources just get wasted because no one can use them." 

I said as I throughoutly explain the situation.

" Wasted resources?

I see, that can be a problem, but this town only have one blacksmith to work with the metals and she won't be able to create items for everyone in a short time." 

Indeed troublesome.

" Why not teach other people how to do blacksmithing? "

Me

" That will take time before we see results. It's hard to study blacksmithing. One has to be well aware of the materials they're handling as well as its magic formation.

Learning will take a lot of time "

Him

" That will do, we can't force changes in just a short time. A slower and more stable path is also good sometimes.

Don't worry about the materials for learning, we have them"

Me

" Can I make a request?

It's about the children, unlike us they can still change their lives and live a better future.

Is it possible to also teach them, uhmm sorry for asking too much" 

Him

" Ohh it's just really fine, you don't have to be too concerned about it. Children are the hopes of the future generations anyways so it's given that we will also teach them, but we will deal with the lack of suitable teachers. "

There's actually one teacher candidate, that's Eve. Unfortunately he can't teach because he's always researching.

" Really? Thanks very much!" 

He seems more happy now, I like it.

We continued eating and conversing until it's finally our time to go. Eve and the others chosed to stay quiet so everything will be left to me when it comes to talking. They said that I should make myself familiar with talking to people and know how to deal with schemes and tricks.

Ashley also said that I showed a very handsome dominance and uhhh she managed to get Sier to join her.

Nvm

((() Please do let me know of any grammatical errors))))

2