Transformations
32 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(((( warning: this chapter doesn't make any sense. Actually the entirety of the story doesn't make sense))))

When everyone woke up, they all seems very confused about what happened. They all just suddenly dropped unconscious and wake up with some changes in them.

Looks like I have explanations to do. I have to applaud Eve because he noticed it fast, I don't have to explain most of the stuffs to Leah and Avera because they have Eve. As for the villagers, they are all crying and saying they received blessings.

" What is this??" 

I'm dumbfounded at the sight, everyone were at tears. Well, not really everyone, most of the slave who were once citizens have some problem with accepting their changes. I do hope that they can accept it with time. 

" You don't know? Most slaves from other races never evolve and to start with, evolution is something rare and not something someone can just imagine to get" 

Eve

That's really sad

He's still inspecting himself all over and he's actually planning to do an experiment on himself which no one agreed to.

"I'm really sorry, it just happened so suddenly without any warnings" 

I apologize, I do feel a bit guilty. 

"It's just fine" 

Avera, the fellow is wierdly smiling.

"Ok then"

I replied simply

Their evolutions actually taught us something, humans doesn't have a fixed ancestor. It's the same case with every sentient races, their evolution is like convergence evolution or something like that. Multiple races evolving into the same shape andvtgey children from the interbreeding of those races leds to current races like elves, orcs, dragons, goblins, etc. Anyways it's just a theory of everyone in the field of research and this evolutions inside the dungeon add as one of the profs that proves the validity of that theory, but there are also lots of theories that ditch that out of the window with enough validity.

Anyways, their current appearance now largely difer from casual humans. Leah now have feathers on his arms and legs and also a small chicken wings on her back and....yeah it's really a chicken. 

Eve is not much worse, he lost a bit of height and have long ears, he also gained green spots on his skin. After searching for a bit, he found out that he's closely related to goblins frogs.

Avera is funny, he got scales and a long tail that resembles fish tail and yes yes his ancestors were indeed fishes. 

This is one of the rare scenario where someone wanted to forget their ancestry so much.

They also did have some troubles because it's so sudden, but their happiness override it. Apparently evolution is something everyone wants.

After some waiting, they finally calm down.

I got invited to the house of the elder while Eve and others take care of the villagers. Ashley and the others were also there, but they are just there to learn how to interact with humans and also to help. They are born in dungeon and so their morals can't really align with humans and other races

For other races like elves and humans, peace is their goal and order is their sword. But for dungeon creatures, protection is their goal and killing is their method. That's just how the are built, of course I want them to be free from being puppet to the code of dungeons and have their own goals and dreams. I'm their parent so it's my goal.

I entered the house, still as aromatic and clean as before. 

"Hmm I'm really sorry about what happened" 

I apologize with a small bow and it seems to freak him out.

" T-there's no need to say sorry. In fact it should be us thanking you" 

Him

" Huh?" 

Me

" Just the thought of evolution is already a myth to us, something even our predecessors dreamed of. For us to actually evolve is more than a blessing for us" 

He got some tears on his eyes, i can see that he's thanking me for realizing the dream of their predecessors. 

"It's just fine, a man shouldn't cry over such simple matters. Everyone is already a part of the family" 

Man, I want to pat his shoulder, but my height simply doesn't allow me to. And as I am me, I don't really speak such words, but saying those wouldn't hurt me, so why not?

"So, anyways I'm here because, well, I just thought that the sudden evolution will cause some issues" 

I got straight to the topic.

" Please leave it to me, I will try my best to calm then down in any case of chaos"

Him

" Of course I knew you will, but you can't just possibly take everything yourself" 

Me

"That's indeed a point...."

Him.

"Anyways, I'm planning to give a break for everyone where they can just have fun" 

Me

"But it's too rude if we just do nothing, we would l-"

Him

" Nahhh, you don't have to do anything to pay back since I don't really care much. Just do what you want and just protect the dungeon in case of extreme danger.

Other than those, you're free to do anything you want as long as it doesn't violate my rules"

I just Shrugged my shoulders since it's true that I don't really care what they do as long as it doesn't offend me or harm anyone in any case.

" But that's still too-" 

His hesitating over something

"Say no more, it's my rule, I don't restrict the freedom of anyone. " 

Yup, of all things there are two things in my list that I really like. They are freedom and privacy.

" Looks like I can't change your mind.

Uhmm everyone is planning a banquet this night, it will be too bad if you're not participating" 

Now that's a pretty good idea.

" sure!" 

As long as there are food, I'm going.

We continued our conversation over a cup of tea, but it seems like he also have works to do so I left after drinking one last cup of tea. 

Now I'm at the place of Eve and others. Despite our warnings, Eve still did some minor research on his body including some bits of his own flesh and blood. It's scary how far he can go when he's too concentrated on his research.

Avera is still shocked at his ancestry, but he's now studying the notebook and its contents.

Leah is as usual, having a sparring session with Ashley. Those two battle junky are really too fitting for each other. 

The benefits of their evolutions is as follows. Leah got more a more sharper pair of eyes for detecting small changes.

She also got lighter and have more mobility and speed in sacrifice of her defense becoming lower in compensation. Her wings are actually useless in most cases, but can be sacrificed to dumpen damages even by just a little. She also gained some strong resistance to air magic and she can amplify her defense and attacks by absorbing ambient wind Mana. She also eliminated the weakness of being unable to change direction in air. Her attacks were also now infused will wind element.

Next is Avera, for him you can already imagine what he got. Good swimming skills and the weakness that humans have underwater that drown them got greatly reduced in him. He can control a bit of water magic and his hiding, camouflage, and invincibility related skills were strengthened when in water. He can also deal better damages when he's in water or using water related magecraft and skills.

Lastly is that frog, contrary to what you thinking. Goblins here looks normal other than small height and green skin. It's just that they are too crazy to even think of things other than reproduction and aggression. That is to say that not all goblins are crazy because there are some tribes that are actually perfectly normal. But there's one thing you shouldn't mentioned on their faces. It's the goblin frogs. Goblin frogs are the most detestable creatures to the goblins because they don't like how cute those frogs are.

(((Bet you're expecting me to describe them as ugly, well too bad for you)))

Goblin frogs have high sensitivity to items and they are known to hord items similar to how goblins does. For unknown reasons that scholars can't describe, the frogs can create weapons similar to the weapons they hoard. Too bad that they can only do wooden replicas with small sizes and most often in the shape of a dart.

Many tried using their abilities to make weapon, but there are always no succes. In the end they found one use and that's for making Intricate small parts. In today's society, the frogs were used to create intricate items and were feed good foods to ensure the quality of the products.

With that description, you probably already guessed the capabilities of Eve.

Sadly he have to give up most of his magic power. 

The abilities he got were all related to analysis which greatly help his research and great dexterity for all kinds of various purposes.

He is very happy even though it makes his power a lot weaker. In his words, knowledge is what power means to him.

-sigh- he's becoming stranger and stranger as time passes by.

(((( Please do let me know of any grammatical errors)))

3