5. LUCCA CODRIN: Wolves
1.2k 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~Intro music~

 

To the question that my heart ached as I asked, he only smiles in answer. It is a sinister smile this time. “Lucca, say… do you wanna help me kill my bitch of a mother?”

 

~In your eyes, there's a heavy blue, One to love, and one to lose, Sweet divide, a heavy truth, Water or wine, don't make me choose.~

 

There’s no sign of him playing around. That look on his face, I am aware that he is serious of what he had asked for. There’s pure hatred hidden behind his eyes. Hatred which I am so familiar with. I know at that moment, despite of my eyes widen in surprise at his question, that I am aware of who I am dealing with. A monster. Just like me. “One must make their own killing, Caleb,” I advised, dancing on a safe side as to not entertain him to the idea, nor to pull him away from the thought as well.

 

~I wanna feel the way that we did that summer night, night. Drunk on a feeling, alone with the stars in the sky~

 

We have our eyes locked with each other for a few seconds before he sighs and slightly shrugs. “Well, come on in,” he invited as soon as he pushes his door open without taking his eyes off of me. I enter the room through the space he allows me to pass. All the while, he has his eyes locked on me and that made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

 

~I've been running through the jungle, I've been running with the wolves, To get to you, to get to you, I've been down the darkest alleys, Saw the dark side of the moon, To get to you, to get to you, I've looked for love in every stranger, Took too much to ease the anger, All for you, yeah, all for you, I've been running through the jungle, I've been crying with the wolves, To get to you, to get to you, oh to get to you.~

 

I look around at the interior of the messy room. The room smells like cigarette, sweats and sex. I scrunch my nose a little at the distasteful air. I hear him rummaging through his closet which I assume he is searching for the first aid kit. I walk slowly towards the window of his room. The curtains were pulled in completely except some slight crack in the middle which lets out a small light from the outside in. Through the crack of the curtains, I peek to see the interior of my own room on the other side. My curtains were pulled out completely instead and I can see the inside perfectly. This must be where Caleb had been standing to spy on me all this while, I suppose.

 

I try to imagine what he is thinking as he spied on me but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I thought I knew everything. I thought I had it all figured out. But there appears to be something more to Caleb. And now I’m curious. Sighing, I turn to look at what Caleb is doing before realizing that he is actually standing right behind me.

 

~Ahhh ahhh To get to you, ahhh ahhhh To get to you~

 

I stagger in surprise, losing my balance. I didn’t even hear him move to where I am! I already thought of the shame I would feel if I fall down simply because he is standing close to me but I was saved from that because Caleb catches me by wrapping his arm around my waist and now I’m in his arms like how a princess from Disney movie would be in the arms of a prince. Our eyes locked. He didn’t smile but his eyes are smiling. Amusement, I notice that. I feel my cheeks flush in embarrassment.

 

~Your fingertips trace my skin, to places I have never been, Blindly, I am following, Break down these walls and come on in~

 

Out of reflex, I push him away and move quite a distance from him. As much as I didn’t want to appear shaken by what he did, I know that I look exactly intimidated of him by now. And this is so out of character for me. I’m not usually intimidated by anyone. I always have control… over myself and also over other people. This is beginning to make me angry.

 

~I wanna feel the way that we did that summer night, night. Drunk on a feeling, alone with the stars in the sky~

 

The fact that a boy younger than me can make me lose control like this. Damn it! I should’ve done more research on him. I studied his mother. But it never occurred to me to look up for information regarding Caleb. Now that I think about it, I only knew basic things about Caleb. I assumed he was a normal snobbish and greedy brat but no… this is different. Did I miss something?

 

~I've been running through the jungle, I've been running with the wolves, To get to you, to get to you, I've been down the darkest alleys, Saw the dark side of the moon, To get to you, to get to you, I've looked for love in every stranger, Took too much to ease the anger, All for you, yeah, all for you, I've been running through the jungle, I've been crying with the wolves, To get to you, to get to you, oh to get to you.~

 

“You know, Lucca, you and I are the same,” Caleb started to talk. Is he trying to read my mind? Damn! Don’t you dare! I screamed in my head. I try to calm myself down so I lean to the thing closest to me, Caleb’s bed post. The smell of sex and cigarette are strong here. I hate this smell. I flash him a sick grin. “You don’t even know me,” I stated. To that, he laughs. “No. I know you,” he refuted. He sounded so certain and that made me angrier. I won’t ever admit we’re the same!

 

I was about to lose control and scream when I suddenly notice something lying on his bed. My eyes got wide in surprise. I thought he took out a first aid kit from his closet but I was wrong. “What is that for?!” I asked him, pointing at the metallic thing on the bed. He grins at me. Like a kid caught in the act of stealing but was not sorry for it. He lurches forward towards me and my instinct told me to run.

 

~Ahhh ahhh To get to you, ahhh ahhhh To get to you~

 

But I only managed to run three steps away before he catches me and throws me down on his bed. I almost feel like puking to the smell. I hate the smell. I hate the smell. I hate the smell! This smells just like my father! Just like papa! Like how he would smoke his cigarette after he fucked me! This smells like him! I try to scream but my voice is muffled with Caleb’s palm pressed on my lips. He was laughing all the while. He picks the metallic item up from where he left it and looks straight into my eyes as he wickedly said; “this is for you, Lucca. And we’re going to have sooo much fun.”

 

֍֍֍

 

LYRICS CREDITS:

Selena Gomez – Wolves

 

7