V2C8 – Wind Power and Demon Lord Scouting
2.7k 8 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A wide-eyed Sino looked to the view of Tokyo, the largest city in Japan. Her childlike behavior and appearance did not fit her age, an elder loli. Well, no one can blame you if you saw a huge city for the first time.

"This really is another world..."

"I'll tell you about Earth so you tell me about [Orvinus]."

I want to know what kind of world Ayame and co lived through after all. Sino began to explain in-depth but to summarize,

"...it's just like a fantasy with many races and medieval-age technology. Also, the one and only Goddess [Ervia]'s blessings are actually magic formations engraved into the mind that she just arbitrarily called spells."

I wasn't too interested in the nitty-gritty of magic formations but Yoru soaked it all up. Anyways, the reason why we're outside the house is to practice some new abilities with Sino. Since she was unsealed from the ring, she can go in and out of it at will even though it wasn't originally hers. The reason being 'I was in there for long enough so it adapted to me.' Spells are strange...

I've been practicing mana manipulation as well, so I should be able to use her powers effectively which are of the wind attribute. Sino had several 'spells,' that she could bestow to me. One of the most notable is called [Wind Enhancement]. It does exactly what it says, and covers the user in wind mana. It's like small jets of air rotating all throughout your outer body...

This reduces air resistance and pushes movement with the wind. It's like a rougher physical enhancement, but with a lot more power for less. The [Wind Enhancement] is not channeled by me or my mana but Sino's so I don't have to worry about constantly controlling it and only need to ask. Other things that Sino can do include making blades, blasts, or gusts of air which is already way more amazing than anything I can do. Sino uses mana on its own for attacks (not through formations for spells like the heroes) like me but the control is way above mine as she can harness it outside of her body...actually she doesn't really have a real body so I guess it's like she's cheating. This gave me an idea...

I might not be the brightest student, but at least I remember the chemical formula for combustion. So, if I use the right amount of wind, I can increase the intensity of my dark flames. After using [Wind Enhancement] which also clads my weapons, I tried to unleash [Fire Form Realizer] moves to see the power. It had a great increase...this gift that Ayame gave me is wonderful...not for the reason she intended though.


After cleaning up the [Curses] for today while practicing with Sino, I saw another flow of mana. The amount of mana indicates it's quite a powerful [Curse] but the flow is slightly odd. Let's check it out. Kicking off with the physical enhancement and the newly learned [Wind Enhancement], I head towards the strange presence. I arrive to hear...

"I've been waiting for you."

This is not a [Curse] since it isn't ugly or black, but a giant green scaly snake. As far as I know, these things don't exist on Earth! A distorted voice echoed from the snake's seemingly vibrating mouth.

"[Magical Girl Aki], I have sensed your aptness...you are worthy of becoming one of my servants in this new world."

What is this snake talking about?

"I am [Demon Lord] Vetheris, would you like to join me?"

(Note: Vetheris is speaking in the language of [Orvinus] and is using dark magic to translate his intentions to the other party's mind)

"No."

Let's just be blunt here. I'm not joining the enemies of Ayame and when looking at the snake's mana, I can tell it's aligned with the darkness...I guess I am too but that's an exception!

"Is that so. Well, I won't give up on you because you have the potential. I guess I must force you. For this, I introduce my summoned familiar, [Asogus] the undefeated snake whose mouth I'm borrowing currently. With its speed, mana resistance, and venom, you will never be able to win. Give in to me Aki!"

"I refuse!"

Summoned familiar? This must be one of the monsters Sino talked about, one with abilities greater than a human but beastlike instinct and tamed.

[Asogus] lunged towards me with its unyielding mouth probably full of lethal venom. I manifested a strengthened [Realizer] immediately and boosted my body. 

[Fire-Lightning Form Realizer: Dark Flaming Thunder Vortex]

I shoved the searing sword into the snake's open mouth making it staggered back a bit. No lasting burns could be seen though, it was just a slight red.

"Didn't I tell you? [Asogus] is resistant to the effects of mana."

Yoru told me quietly,

"It has a strange mana coating it that rejects the will of others...perhaps it is born with that since an external magic formation of that caliber would take a ludicrous amount..."

Otherworld monsters are influenced by evolution and natural selection unlike [Curses] that don't breed...making them more adaptable and scary!

[Fire-Lightning Form Realizer: Dark Flaming Thunder Vortex]
[Wind Enhancement]

I clad my cutlass in bright layers of rippling mana intensified and cut down on the snake from a different angle this time. It attacks with its mouth which is only a straight line, making it easy to avoid with physical enhancement and using [Hexad Barriers] for footholds.

But, when the snake's body was slashed at brutally, there was no great damage to it through the mana-resistant skin. My main form of attack was countered just like that.

"Haha, I did my research on you Aki. Those mana-filled attacks are your forte, with them rendered useless what can you do?"

"It seems you dug pretty deep into my abilities...too bad you didn't see this one!"

"What!?"

[Awaken my power]
[The time to vanquish evil has come]

Come to me, [Neutralizer: Handgun]. The small glittery metal piece floated from Yoru to my hand. Aiming the gun at the snake's head...

"I sense no mana from that contraption, something of that caliber cannot kill [Asogus]."

"Is that so? The power of science is pretty amazing you know?"

Yoru retorted,

"Not like it's your technology..."

"That's enough chit-chat--"

I lightly touched the trigger and an energy-filled laser beamed from the nozzle. This burned straight through the snake's head, mana resistance is useless against alien weapons! Even I'm surprised at how that worked so well...

"Curse yo-"

The snake burst into waning mana and the voice connection cut off. The [Demon Lord] Vetheris is still out there somewhere despite me killing [Asogus]. So, that was my encounter with the [Demon Lord] Vetheris who tried to recruit me...and attacked me...

I returned [Neutralizer] to Yoru and said,

"Let's hurry on home."

"Yes, Aki."


??? POV:

"Nodoka."

"Yes?"

"It looks like Onii-chan is having some fun so I'll drop in~"

"As you wish."

82