V3C5 – Circumstances
2.2k 8 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So first things first, how are you speaking Japanese right now?"

"When we passed over to this world, Goddess [Ervia] gave us [Language Comprehension]...though that was all she did."

"I see...Let's take this slowly, how did you get here?"

"Ryosuke-sama please look at this."

"This is...?"

"A magical artifact found hidden in the [Demon Lord]'s treasury. It possesses the stored mana of many previous [Demon Lords]...so much so that advanced spacetime warping magic to other worlds is possible."

The artifact is a jeweled necklace.

"What an insane mana amount hiding under our noses. So, why did you come to Earth?"

The two girls suddenly bowed down.

"Please heroes, save our world from destruction."

"Eh!? B-But, Vetheris should be gone?"

"Yes, but there is a different threat to [Orvinus] currently. That is an otherworldly enemy, much like the creatures outside."

The creatures outside? [Curses]?

"You mean you're being attacked by [Curses]?"

"Indeed, they appeared in the world and began rolling over it in violent conquest. They attack indiscriminately, troubling all the races."

"That doesn't sound reasonable, from what I can tell...the [Curses] have the strength of normal demons. How would they cause so much trouble with [Orvinus]'s average combat strength?"

"It's because their amount seems to be different from Earth."

"Amount is different from Earth?"

"The numbers here are quite tame, but in [Orvinus]...they number in the millions I'd say. No, maybe even more."

What's up with that impossible number? Millions of those black beasts...I whisper my thoughts to Yoru and am hit with a response,

"That's the fearsomeness of [Curses], they crush you with pure numbers."

Ryosuke is now super curious,

"Then how come the amount of invaders is so different?"

Fila spoke,

"It's because we [Focals] defend the space of Earth from them with our powers. Most spacial distortions are sealed when detected."

"But, there are plenty of spirits and magic users on [Orvinus] who could produce the same effect when using advanced spacetime attribute formations..."

"That is true Rysouke-sama, but the number is too few and too unstable unlike the [Magical Girls] and [Focals] of Earth."

"You know about [Magical Girls] and [Focals]?"

"Yes, we did some basic research on the world immediately after transferring. That 'internet' you told us about was a great help."

"And when was that?"

"A few days ago, before [Second Contact]. We made a mistake so we had to fly all the way over to Japan though...hehe. Anyways, after finding the hero's unique mana signature we were finally able to locate you 7."

"I see, so [Orvinus] was invaded by [Curses] in great number and you need our help but...I don't see how the [Curses] could destroy the world with talented adventurers, the [Spirit King], and [Dragon King] around though."

"I can't imagine it either, but if they keep coming at this rate, the world would be destroyed no matter the strength of it. So, we made the decision to ask for your help, heroes of the [Holy Kingdom]."

"Even if you say that...we have our own things going on in this world. As you can see...[Second Contact]."

"Please heroes, I won't ask you to abandon your world. In fact, you can return here quickly after we finish. I won't tell you to take responsibility for a foreign world either. I'm just asking for the sake of you who did reach a hand out once, to reach that same arm out again and save us..."

"..."

"We implore you, even though we haven't paid back the first debt...we will ask for your power again. This is my role and I simply don't want to see [Orvinus] destroyed."

"So, if we can return to Earth when we finish, that means the magical artifact there has mana that can transfer a moderate amount of matter to different worlds 2 more times..."

"That is correct."

"But, this world is also in danger..."

Yoru began to speak and the surprised room went quiet to listen,

"I think I know the cause of [Second Contact] now."

Hmm?

"You know the cause?"

"Yes, it happened very suddenly but now I think I get it. The other world [Orvinus], closely related to Earth seen from the fact of no time difference and the possibility of being transferred, was attacked by [Curses] in great numbers. Due to the closeness in the spacetime of the two worlds, some [Curses] naturally strayed to Earth or perhaps [Orvinus] was overrun and they set their next sights on Earth."

"If [Orvinus] is already..."

"No! That can't be true. [Orvinus] isn't destroyed yet...surely."

"Oh, I almost forgot about it, Thouria where are Gauss and Raldia?"

"Raldia saw us off but she couldn't come since she has the duty to protect the [Holy Kingdom] in its time of need. Gauss..."

"Gauss...?"

"Gauss is no longer with us. He died while fighting on the front lines against [Curses]."

"..."

The world's strongest man who ingrained the sword into some of them was gone just like that.

"This is a nightmare..."

Both worlds are being attacked by [Curses], I can see why [Focals] hate these things. After some moments of silence for Gauss,

"So, if what Yoru said is correct, if we can defeat the [Curses] in [Orvinus], will the amount of [Curses] attacking Earth also thin?"

"If my hypothesis is correct then yes."

[Orvinus] overall seems to be in more a pinch than Earth but that won't sway anyone alone. 

"I do also feel responsible for the lives in [Orvinus], I am their hero after all. We all are."

"T-Then, will you come back to [Orvinus] with us?"

"If it'll help out both worlds, I would like to go. Some should stay behind to check and maintain Earth though."

Ryosuke is going back to [Orvinus].

""I will too.""

Seemingly inspired by his will, Rino, Sato, Hayase-san, and Tatsumi also volunteered to return to [Orvinus]. Did the first transfer numb their connection to this world, or are they that invested in the lives they saved? I don't know.

Anyways, it seems that Yui and Ayame want to stay back and defend Earth, they can't leave it alone. Ai obviously doesn't want to go since she has no obligation to the [Orvinus] people nor does she want to involve herself in anything crazier. But, what about me? Before, I would've obviously denied it and stayed on Earth defending like usual. But...this time my gut is telling me to go. Why?

The thought that all the suffering could be erased with this...on a slim thread of hope? Trying to escape from it? It might be. It might be even simpler, like wanting to go to another world. It might be my logical deduction for saving both...

What do I want to do? Do I want to be transformed? It's not like I have the greatest attachments to Earth besides Airi...well she was missing for years so I think it'd be fair if I went missing for a bit too. My mind is made now. I spoke my line, a line unfitting for me...

"May I come too?"


Rinku's eyes narrowed trying to figure out who I was but Thouria spoke clearly,

"Ethereal Princess of Darkness Aki was it?"

Ryosuke introduced me to them,

"This is [Magical Girl Aki], an ally of ours on Earth."

"Hmm, interesting. I've seen your stuff and it'll be promising against [Curses]. But, what is that dreadful mana that's tearing my eyes out?"

Ryosuke explained [Mana Drain] before I could, even how I stole the God of Destruction's blessing...

"So that's it, well you can't be picky when it comes to desperate power. Very well, I will accept you as the hero's ally and have you save our world."

How haughty...

"I'm going to be saving both worlds."

"Both I see..."

A dim yet defined resolve shined behind my eyes blurred in darkness.

"We should set off as soon as possible, the [Curses] are probably killing by the second."

Similar thoughts.

"Then, everyone who wants to...gather round."

Ryosuke, Rino, Sato, Hayase-san, Tatsumi, and I stood in close proximity with Rinku and Thouria. Thouria held the necklace oozing with unyielding mana.

"Activating the formation."

I felt a swirl of mana gather elegantly in the circular sequence below us, spells are beautiful, aren't they? She chanted the spell,

[Teleportation]


The only figures remaining in the crumbling room were Ai, Ayame, and Yui.

"They'll come back after they finish up the [Curses] in [Orvinus] and stop the chaos here...not like we can slack off."

"I sure hope so."

"Please, be safe and return to us..."

60