V3C6 – They Came to Prevent
2.1k 8 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This takes place when Rinku and Thouria entered the world for the first time, 5 days before [Second Contact]...

(Note: Vetheris was taken care of - Ai, heroes, and Aki were getting along)

"Rinku...it seems we've made it."

The two out-of-place [Orvinus] characters look around. Rinku has a large claymore on her back while wearing light high-quality leather armor with various buckles. The most drawing feature about her was her hazel hair and similarly colored cat ears and tail, a trait of cat beaskin.

Great Sage Thouria wore a gloomy robe and held a staff with a multicolored crystal at its end. Her silk silver hair fluttered down elegantly while her young face was accentuated in the moonlight.

"Is this the Earth that Ryosuke-sama talked about?"

They looked to the view of the blinking city lights.

"Pretty..."

As described to them previously, the crowded buildings rose stunningly and the night dissolved away. In the center was a large tower, the Eiffel Tower in Paris.

"I wonder where the heroes are now...Tokyo, Japan is where they said they lived."

"Can you sense mana in the vicinity...?"

"Not a speck, it's honestly throwing me off. That means the heroes aren't in our immediate location. So, where are we?"

Thouria got startled by the magic energy coming from the artifact and lost some concentration during the spell casting...well they shouldn't be too far off from their destination.

"Let's ask that person over there."

They walked towards a man with a beret and striped clothing. He turned and...

"Eh!?"

His face was painted a majority of white and highlights of pure black, a mime.

"Excuse me, do you know where we are?"

The man struck a confused look and began to gesture all around them. Especially at the large tower nearby...

"Uh, can you speak?"

At this point, they were thinking," Is this really the world the heroes came from?"

"Do you know where Tokyo, Japan is?"

He thought for a bit and pointed to the right. The two girls thought,

"What's up with this guy,"

to themselves. Though, Thouria responded courteously with,

"Is that so? Thanks. Then, let's go Rinku."

He then made a surprised face as if saying,

"Are they trying to walk to Japan?"


They ran through the night for their mission, find the heroes and bring them back at all costs. But they ran into...

"Garrrr!!!"

[Curses]

"Didn't the heroes say their world had no monsters!? No, is their world being invaded by them like ours?"

[Wind Blade]

[Fire Spear]

The burnt carcasses faded into the sky as Thouria contemplated. Rinku shouted,

"Thouria-sama behind you!"

An amalgamation like [Curse] with a rough exterior jumped at Thouria's blind spot. She turned around, a single unit is no match for a Great Sage, but before the [Curse] was incinerated...

The [Curse]'s whole body was pierced by leaden swords. Soon after, the swords broke into pieces and the entire system faded away.

"Well well, what do we have here?"

A girl with blue glittering eyes like the stars and an indescribably beautiful face hopped down to the otherworlders.

"Who...?"

"Hm? You don't know? Then let me enlighten you, I'm the [Iron Empress of Blades Kaede]. What are your names?"

"I'm Thouria."

"Rinku~"

"Hmm, not much of a reaction. I guess I wouldn't be as well known in France huh...hm? Shouldn't you know though?"

"Why?"

"Your Japanese is very fluent..."

"Japanese?"

"Those are odd hair colors too, why are you two in cosplay?"

"Cosplay?"

"Wait, did you just say you're speaking Japanese? Are you from Japan!?"

"Yes, what are you on about? I'm primarily stationed and do my work in Tokyo...I was just about to return actually."

"You're going there!? Can we come?"

"Hm? Why? I don't even really know who you are."

"I can pay."

She did have a lot of natural resources stocked up in [Item Box].

"Look here girl, I don't think that's the greatest thing to say to [Magical Girl] in the government."

"[Magical Girl]?"

"Do you really not know anything...*sigh*...so, why do you need to get to Tokyo?"

Kaede was then suddenly interrupted.

"Let's let them go with us."

"Hm? Why's that Tsuzu?"

Kaede Takeda's [Focal] Tsuzu.

"We [Focals] share our collective data you see, I have an idea of who these two are. They won't have the proper legal documents but we should allow them to pass. Let's see how this unfolds."

"Are you sure Tsuzu? These people are super suspicious."

"It may or may not be a good thing."

"Yeah yeah."

After begrudgingly listening to Tsuzu's case, Kaede addressed Rinku and Thouria,

"Alright then, come with me. We're going straight there via jet."

"I don't know what this 'jet' is but it sounds fast. If you're taking us to Tokyo we'll go by any method."


As the several hour-long flight commenced, Thouria lost herself in the Earth's internet of information through Kaede's phone. There was actually good wifi. Rinku marveled at the fact that a nonmagical machine could fly so fast in the sky...

"I don't know what Tsuzu knows about you guys but it seems you have your own circumstances to take care of."

"Yeah."

"You can always share that stuff with me, I'll make you feel better~"

"I doubt that."

They are dealing with the end of a world.

"So, why were you in Paris? Aren't you usually fighting [Curses] in Tokyo?"

"Well, it was a request from higher-ups since they have the leeway. Really, that [Ethereal Princess] or whatever cleans the [Curses] in Tokyo inside out."

"Is that so..."

The jet sailed smoothly through the even air. Even if there were some avian [Curses], Tsuzu would steer the course clear from them.

*jet lands*

"Then, this is goodbye."

"Ah, I hope you can do what you want to do."

"Thanks."

A cutting glint shown in Tsuzu's eyes for a second.

"Then, now that we're in the hero's town...let's find them shall we? We must as soon as possible."


After a few hours of searching the city that was like a labyrinth to them...

"I know that they're high school students of a certain school...we should go there to--"

"Hm? Who're you?"

The two were stopped. It wouldn't be strange if it was the police, since they were wearing very out-of-place clothing now and one had a weapon, but it wasn't. It was a single girl, who Thouria could tell had strange magical prowess. She had slim proportions and short black hair. Her piercing blue eyes like a predator locked onto them.

"..."

"Not talking huh? I don't have Yuna with me since they're with Emma right now but..."

Her [Focal]'s name is Yuna.

"..."

"You're coming with me for being suspicious, that magical power can't deter my mana eyes."

[Fireball]

Thouria blasted a flaming swirl of fire towards the [Bloody Wall of Might] Nodoka.

[Invincibility]

"W-What!? She withstood my fire magic without injury? Why is Earth filled with outrageous people everywhere?"

"That kind of ranged mana usage is impossible without the right formation, you, who the hell are you?"

[Ice Spear]

But it bounced off Nodoka anticlimactically again.

"H-How?"

"Unfortunately for you, all attacks are meaningless on me."

How could such a broken power exist in the world?

[Lightning Strike]

"Then how about this advanced lightning attribute spell?"

Thouria's hand turned white and a crackling torrent of energy like a lightning strike poured from it. But...

"Futile."

Nodoka was hit and the mana dissolved away quickly leaving nothing but burns on the ground and her figure standing unfazed. She manifested her tinted battle-ax, a truly intimidating sight.

"You're coming with me and if you keep refusing..."

The side of Thouria's torso was cut shallowly. Rinku now enraged,

"You can't do such things to Thouria-sama, I won't let you!"

She rushed in, gripping her sword with both hands and swinging at absurd strength. It didn't even manage to hit and Nodoka slipped past, aiming a slash. Soon, Rinku's upper leg burned from pain.

"I-I won't yield!"

[Wind Blade]

"Tch, annoying. I'll be cautious to make sure my time doesn't run out and get you guys to give in right here."

Looking over their wounded bodies...

"If you won't submit..."

*bang*

Thouria's head was hit with the blunt end of Nodoka's ax hard.

Rinku tried another attack but had the Nodoka was simply stronger...

*bang*

Rinku was also hit with the blunt end. There are now two unconscious people on the floor and Nodoka above them.


Nodoka Yanagi POV:

"Hm, I wonder who these guys are. They sure were jumpy when I approached them..."

Then,

"Umm..."

"Oh hey, Yuna. I took care of some people that I want Airi to check for me. They can use strange mana techniques and--are you listening to me?"

"Uh, yes...but I think I know about the people on the floor right now."

"Really? What are they?"

"Secret."

"Aw c'mon. Airi will just uncover that soon so spill it."

"Well, if it comes to that it comes to that. Anyways, for now, you did quite the damage to them. Give me a second...there I just got them spots in a hospital nearby."

"I see."

"Now, carry them over musclebrain."

"Rude but fine."

Nodoka carried the two she knocked out herself to the hospital.

"Not knowing anything is a pain..."


Thouria POV: 

I awoke in a room covered with white. If I remember right, I was beaten by the [Magical Girl Nodoka] who tried to take me in. If so...

"Rinku?"

"Oh, Thouria-sama...I just woke up too."

It seems we were both knocked unconscious. For how long? I look around the room to see no one besides ourselves. I sit up and stretch...then apply [Physical Enhancement]. Rinku does the same and we walk out of our resting room together. We need to find the heroes, we've wasted too much time...

"Why is this place so empty?"

As we strolled the barren halls, I go over to a window and open it. But, I saw a terrible place awaiting us.

Human blood ran down the streets.

[Curses] littered throughout the scene.

Fires, screams, the scent of death.

"What is going on?"

The Earth had been under attack from [Curses], but to this extent...how much time had passed since we were out? Will the heroes listen to us when their own world is in this condition?

Rinku and I head to the floor with the exit and stumble across some of the stationed desktops. After checking the situation my face drained of color. What a failure, we've been out for a little over a week...and this happens? [Second Contact]? What is the state of [Orvinus] now? How could this have happened...


We depressedly walk out of the hospital and onto the seemingly falling apart city.

"[Magic Search]."

We need to find the heroes...please just be in this area. Then, I got several reactions.

One of them is unnerving, but the others are without a doubt the heroes. My expression lit up and warmth cuddled my chest. Without the time to spare, Rinku and I headed towards the location...an abandoned building it seems. We can save the world is what I believe.

62