Chapter 122: Battle start
5.9k 12 195
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 

Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons. For advanced chapters and illustrations do check the link below! Since its the start of the month, now is the best time to join ))

Patreons

Discord

 

Glancing at the scenery before me, I momentarily paused a few kilometers away from our target, another large grey mountain, though this one was not a floating one, but more of a simple one devoid of any sort of vegetation. It reminded me of the place where we were born.

The grey desolate mountain stood in the middle of a large clearing, the land surrounding it was equally devoid of any forms of life, with the ground charred black. This made me frown as the area was lacking in water mana, add to that the abundance of fire mana, should we move a bit closer Ember would surely notice us, hence why I paused a distance away first.

Under my lead, everyone silently landed in the thin forest below. Ynos was the first one to speak as he stepped closer to me, "I just need to lure this Ember bastard out of his hole, right?" He asked to which I nodded in confirmation before adding.

"Yes, but do not engage, just taunt him and try to get him to move out of that area," I said while motioning towards the charred ground in front with my head.

Nodding, Ynos replied. "I know brother, I may not be the smartest but I'm not stupid, it will be hard for me to fight him head-on over there, especially with all the fire mana in the area," He said with a grumble.

"Good, don't worry too much about it, you'll get your chance to fight, Ember is also accompanied by his siblings, If he gets out, then without a doubt they will as well, by then," I glanced at Sidus, Immy, and Essie who had jumped to the ground next to me before continuing, "You guys will take care of them, while I'll handle Ember,"

Immy tersely showed her acknowledgment with a nod, while Sidus turned towards her, Ynos, and Essie before speaking, "We can easily handle this, no matter their numbers, If we all work together,"

Essie seemed to recall something as she asked, "Brother Sidus, do you mean like the time we all fought big brother Aether?"

"En, compared to back then, we all grew significantly stronger, I'll make sure to hinder their senses, and I can even join the battle while you guys use this chance to swiftly take care of them all,"

Clicking his tongue, Ynos seemed to want to argue, yet in the end, he refrained from saying anything and instead mumbled under his breath, "Tsk, no honor, still no matter, It's revenge for little Essie," He muttered as if trying to convince himself.

Immy didn't add anything and simply nodded in agreement, before their eyes turned towards me. "Good, I have no doubt when It comes to your strength, nevertheless, do not underestimate our enemies, we still don't know their affinities, so proceed with caution!"

Saying that, my sibling's eyes seemed to lit up as they all simultaneously replied. "Understood!"

"En, Ynos, your up," I said as I turned to glance at the giant golden-scaled dragon. His mouth curled upwards into a terrifying grin as he instantly launched himself into the sky leaving a large crevice on the ground and causing rubble to rise.

Soon, a booming voice reverberated in our ears in a taunting tone. " Ember you fat scaly coward! Get over here!" My eyes widened slightly in surprise, while Essie couldn't refrain from laughing. Sidus shook his head while Immy kept her poker face as Ynos's taunts continued.

"Come out you spineless bastard, since you like to bully others so much, come let me see from where you got the balls!"

"You are a shame to that name!" The moment he said that, an enraged roar resounded from the depths of the grey mountain as a towering aura descended on the area, flames instant rushed out of the cave's opening dyeing the area red as it appeared as if It was the entrance to hell.

Still, Ynos was unconcerned as he smirked and continued, "Heh, what are you doing? A little fire show? Haha! Damn coward too afraid to show his face, tsk, I can't believe I wasted my time getting here only to find a spineless lizard instead of a dragon," Saying that, Ynos immediately turned around and flew towards our direction, leaving the charred area behind.

Just then, Ember's enraged voice thundered across the sky. "Wait right there!" His figure flashed out of the cave in a blur followed by three smaller figures as they rushed after Ynos who was now out of the charred area's sphere of influence.

Without giving him much time to react, I instantly launched myself into the sky like a rocket, my large figure leaving after images as I appeared before the stunned Ember and grabbed him by the throat before he could react.

A large shadow seeped out of Sidus's body and enveloped the three young dragons that followed after Ember, before Ynos dove right into the dark world followed by Immy and Essie. I didn't have the leisure to pay them any more heed, my muscles budged as I dragged Ember to the ground by his neck and slammed him headfirst instantly creating a large chasm.

The red dragon was still dazed, yet he managed to attack with his tail as he tried to hit my head. At that moment, I let out all the rage that bubbled inside of me as I opened my jaw and bit down on his scaled tail. Ember cried out in pain below me, yet I didn't care as I twisted my neck and yanked his body to the side as he was sent crashing across the ground.

I didn't pause my assault as a water whip instantly appeared around his neck not letting him get too far away as I pulled him back towards me. Ember was clearly still disoriented as he attempted to reach out to the surrounding fire mana only to be met with my claw to his face, leaving a large gash on the side of his body.

Ice rapidly appeared around his legs and arms hindering his attempts to move as I jumped on top of him and began bashing his face. I didn't use mana, nor did I use my heart energy, I simply used pure raw strength to constantly hammer his head as the ground caved in below him.

"You dare touch my little sister you bastard?" I growled.

"You sure did grow more arrogant since the last time I saw you!" I snarled, not stopping my attacks as blood tainted Ember's face.

Just then I sensed a stir in the mana behind me, coating my claws with water magic, I swiftly turned around and cleaved right through the abnormally large fireball that suddenly appeared. Though It was for but a second, Ember managed to grab at the opportunity where I paused my assault and used his legs to push me away, forcefully breaking through the ice that surrounded him by surrounding himself in fire mana, which caused his body to appear as if It was burning.

Taking a few steps back, the flames around him disappeared as his bloodied figure glared at me with a fearful gaze, a small distance between us.

"Aether!" He hateful spat, and used his arm to wipe a few drops of blood that seeped into his eyes.

"You fucked up Ember, you touched my family,"

 

 
 
 
195