Chapter 123: Coordination
5.6k 9 183
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons. For advanced chapters and illustrations do check the link below! Since its the start of the month, now is the best time to join ))

Patreons

Discord

"That little dragoness is your family?" He asked in a doubtful tone, to which I simply snickered and replied. 

"Yes, and you shouldn't have touched her," 

Glaring at me, Ember seemed to have something else to say, yet I did not give him the time to do so before he could react, two whips of water mana materialized around his arms pulling them in opposite directions and raising him to the sky. 

Before he could break free, an ice pillar rose from below him aiming towards his family jewels. Ember's eyes widened as he realized my intentions, a large flame wall instantly arose beneath his feet blocking my ice pillar. 

Just then a sudden barrage of water bullets descended on him from all sides as he was still preoccupied with defending. Even while under pressure, he still managed to block quite a number of my water bullets with his fire mana causing steam to rise and turning the area surrounding us foggy. 

"Aether you bastard!" He roared as a few water bullets slipped past him and struck his scales leaving a few scratches but failing to seriously harm him. 

Still, that was never my intention, Ember's pride was his weakness, my plan is to use that against him further agitating him, and effectively clouding his judgment. Although what Ember did was unforgivable for us siblings, It could still be considered normal by dragon standards, hence why killing him would be too extreme and might even cause us he wrath of an adult dragon. 

The main reason none of us accepted this was the fact that the victim this time was Essie. According to my understanding, dragons have a different 'teenager' period with all their hormones acting up. It's quite strange since this does not seem to follow a normal pattern, with some dragons being 'active' in their first few years after birth, while others can even wait for tens of years sometimes even longer before having the urge to find a mate. 

Seeing how none of my siblings appeared to be interested in the matter, I assumed that their 'mating' period has yet to arrive. Ember was different, however, which brought us to our current problem. A glint flashed through my eyes as I easily sidestepped a flame slash attack by Ember, which left the ground scorched. 

His arms bulged as he forcefully ripped my water whips away, yet before he could do anything else, I was already in front of him. Clutching my right claw,  I delivered a swift attack to his abdomen making him lower his head in pain, "We are still far from being done," I said and was about to hit him again when I suddenly 'saw' a terrifying amount of fire mana condensing around him. 

"Enough!" He roared, sending out a shockwave, followed by a large circle of flames that extended outwards from his body. The flames were surprisingly dark blue, instead of red which caused me to frown as I hastily leaped out of the way and conjured a water shield to surround me. 

The moment his flames collided with my shield, however, something unexpected happened. The power of his flames was rapidly eating at my shield, causing It to evaporate while the strength of his attack did not seem to dwindle.

A frown made its way into my face as I felt the scorching heatwave blasting at my face. Clicking my tongue in annoyance, I canceled the summoning of my shield causing the flames to madly rush towards me, yet at the exact second they were about to arrive, the blue flames simply vanished as if they never existed in the first place. 

"Tsk, I didn't want to use cosmic mana," I shook my head and cast a glance at my arm scales which had a few burnt marks on them. Sighing, a water bubble materialized around my wounds instantly healing them. 

Ember who freed himself from being in a passive position attempted to launch another attack before he suddenly seemed to recall something as his flames disappeared completely, he hastily retreated and glanced about with an anxious expression. 

My mouth curled upwards at that scene as I softly muttered. "You can have It back," With that, the blue flames that had vanished reappeared above his head and descended without giving him any time to react. 

He rapidly summoned another flame shield, yet T was useless in front of his strongest attack causing his figure to be engulfed in flames as a cry of pain escaped his mouth and reverberated across our surroundings. 

My siblings seemed to sense something as they paused their battle and turned to glance my way in surprise and shock. Sidus still maintained the shadow realm, trapping Ember's siblings within, yet his eyes were glued on me in surprise and awe. 

Ynos's expression was complicated, he merely glanced at the still-burning figure of Ember before turning his gaze back towards his opponent, a muscular brown dragon with various spikes coming out of his back and tail. 

Immy on the other hand simply nodded at me before she as well resumed her battle. While Essie had her eyes and mouth wide open as her eyes kept darting about between me and Ember, after a few seconds, she lowered her head in my direction and softly muttered. 

"Thank you, big brother," 

Saying that she immediately turned her gaze back towards her battle and resumed supporting Ynos and Immy from time to time, all the while Sidus' figure kept blinking across the dark realm, occasionally delivering critical attacks to their opponents. 

'Their coordination is ridiculously good, even Ynos is being helpful instead of simply rushing ahead, he's even using his golems to confuse the enemies,' I inwardly noted. 

I had to admit, with all of us siblings together, we were truly a force to be reckoned with. Each one seemed to complement the other, covering for their weaknesses while augmenting their strengths. Essie was weak physically but she was almost invincible in the sky, hence why she took the high ground and provided support, using her wind to boost Ynos' speed while occasionally sending wind blades to help. 

Ynos was the tank, with the help of his stone golems, It was not an overstatement to say that he was a one-dragon army. Sidus' was the assassin, in his dark realm, he held the absolute advantage as he kept flickering across the battlefield. 

Immy was the fastest out of all of us, It was hard to tell since she liked to laze around most of the time, but once she took action, It was crystal clear. She merely appeared as a flash of light, not giving her opponent the time to figure out what happened as the dark realm abruptly brightens before she sends out her attack. 

I shook my head with a sigh, It was only a matter of time before they finished off their fight. The only reason they were taking this long in the first place was the fact that they were using their opponents as means to further hone their skills. This made me feel strangely proud as I nodded my head in approval. 

It was then that I felt a steer behind me as the flames that burned Ember finally disappeared leaving his burnt figure standing there with difficulty. 'Heh, guess even fire dragons can get burnt,' 

183