Chapter 124: Conclusion
5.6k 9 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Special thank you to Eduardo Garcia, kynan, and all my Patreons. For advanced chapters and illustrations do check the link below!

Patreons

Discord

Just as I glanced over at Ember's charred body, I momentarily paused in surprise. The little dragon's eyes held a clear hint of madness in them as he seemed to be desperate to give up everything just for the sake of landing a true blow on me.

This first made me feel disappointed as I thought that after the trial, he would slowly learn to control his emotions a bit more. It's okay to be arrogant, as long as you can keep a rational mind during battle, and be sure that you won't fall into your opponent's traps.

Ember sadly did not seem to have learned that lesson as he glared daggers at me. Besides disappointment, I was also wary of his retaliation. Every cornered animal would fight back, not to mention a whole dragon, hence why I had to be careful.

My first thought was that he would use his dragon breath, if so, then the situation was still manageable, I could divert the direction of his attack and send it elsewhere. It would probably be for the best to send it upwards towards the sky and not use It to attack him as I was sure that would only serve to further anger and perhaps mortally wound him.

'But then again I need to swiftly end this, should I try to knock him out? He is in a weakened state after all, so there's a high chance of success despite his defenses,' I inwardly mumbled as I began to plan my attack, it never hurt to be careful at times like these.

Just as I was about to proceed, my eyes dilated as I felt a familiar ripple of power extend towards me. "You crazy idiot!" I instinctively cried out. Ember didn't use dragon breath as I expected him to do, no he was far more desperate and suicidal than I anticipated as he reached out to attack me with his soul space.

One had to know that a dragon's soul space is his biggest advantage, but also his greatest weakness. Under no circumstances should one use It if they felt that the situation held to many unknown factors. The risk of you failing your attack, and suffering an immense backlash was immense.

And If your soul space attack failed, then you would almost certainly die. There was of course a small possibility of surviving, but that was for old dragons who held immense experiences, not young adults like us.

And although I was confident in my soul space, I still did not want to pit myself against a crazy bastard like Ember. 'If you want to die, then don't drag me into this, you suicidal idiot!" I yelled out, to which he gave a crazy mad laugh as If he had already given up on everything just to take me down.

As soon as I felt his soul space extend towards me in an attempt to drag me in, mine automatically responded as It instinctively lashed out to block his attack. Without much time to think, I hastily called out to the cosmic mana causing it to descend on his burnt figure, effectively surrounding him in a matter of seconds before his body disappeared.

That was when I finally managed to heave a sigh of relief as his soul space power disappeared with him, while I reigned mine back. "Damn, I never thought he'd go that crazy," I mumbled before raising my head towards the sky and squinting my eyes.

I calmly took four large steps backward and patiently waited. Soon a whistling sound echoed throughout the surroundings as a large figure plummeted from the sky. With a loud boom, a vast chasm opened in the ground before me, within it was Ember's unconscious body.

Behind his back, his wings were missing, a sigh escaped my mouth as I saw that. I didn't want to do that but that was the only way I could think of to resolve the sudden situation. Using cosmic mana to 'teleport' him away, and 'send' his wings elsewhere as well.

Normally, this would be an extremely hard thing to do, otherwise, I could simply separate my enemies' heads from their bodies using cosmic mana and instantly end the battle. But every dragon has a layer of mana surrounding them at all times and unless I was way above them in strength, such an attack would be sensed and stopped using their mana to interfere with mine.

Ember's case was a bit different since he was already exhausted and hurt, his protective mana was mostly depleted leaving him vulnerable. A momentary weakness I managed to exploit, and without his wings, he came crashing down like a small meteor.

He wouldn't die since I didn't send him too far in the sky, but his head will definitely be hurting when he wakes up. Add to that the sudden loss of his wings, I sighed while shaking my head as I glanced at his collapsed figure.

It might have been rather extreme of me to push things this far, I certainly did not intend to do so, but I still failed to realize that even a cornered rat would fight back. I neglected the fact that for Ember his pride might very well be more important than his life.

"How foolish," I whispered with a sigh.

Still, even with how things developed I didn't regret my course of action, It was an experience I learned from. Glancing at Ember's unconscious figure, a tiny voice whispered at the back of my head to simply finish him off.

I once again shook my head and refrained from acting impulsively. Killing him would without a doubt end the problem of him seeking revenge, though It would create an even larger one with the adult dragons backing him. Besides, If It's a fight he is looking for, I'd always be happy to accommodate him.

And judging by Ember's arrogance, I doubted he would do anything beneath him such as attacking Essie or my siblings as a petty means of revenge against me. 'Hmph, let him come If he wants, I'll be waiting,' With that, I silently stepped away from the chasm and made my way towards my siblings who just about wrapped up their fight.

Their side of the battlefield was completely ruined as well, with countless deep fissures all across the ground, the area was completely flattened, and right in the middle of It was the figure of three young dragons collapsed to the ground, they were still conscious as they glanced fearfully at my siblings. Seeing that, I nodded in approval before using cosmic mana to open a door through the void and took one step forward instantly bringing me next to Sidus who glanced at me in shock and surprise as I appeared out of nowhere.

172