Chapter 3: Unreasonable Bosses Are Scary
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Li Zhong lazily smiled at Huang Liuxing and slightly glanced at Xiao Mei. "Is there something  going on?" as Li Zhong said these words he gave Xiao Mei an icy glare as if to say, 'I dare you to try to teach her what is right and what is wrong?!'

Xiao Mei flinches and An Xue Lin freezes in the presence of Li Zhong's icy glare. Every other person in the room couldn't help but turn their eyes away subconsciously without them realising it. Only Huang Liuxing remained clueless to the icy cold atmosphere that kept everyone on edge.

Huang Liuxing gave Li Zhong a pat on the shoulder giving him a mischievous smile, "so, what do you say Li Zhong? Let's go challenge the mafia boss of the Abyss!"

 
"No." He rejects her suggestion almost instantly, everyone begins to feel relieved at Li Zhong's words until he opens his mouth again, "If you go to challenge the boss with your current strength, you'll only suffer a crushing defeat." The moment these words were spoken, everyone's eyes opened wide with shock and apprehensive expressions.
'Boss Li Zhong, you are adding fuel to the fire!'

Boss Li Zhong was simply too bold. Never mind Xiao Mei who is merely a newbie, she could be overlooked since she's new and ignorant of how leader Huang does things. But Boss Li Zhong has been in this gang since the founding of the Black Crows. He even knew leader Huang before Black Crows were even founded! Yet, he actually made such a reckless move, how could he rile up the reckless and impulsive Huang Liuxing?!

Veins began to pop on Xiao Mei's forehead as she glared at Li Zhong viciously. Picking up on her obvious hostility, Li Zhong glances at Xiao Mei grinning at her ugly expression.
"Hey!" Huang Liuxing punches Li Zhong to the left side of his rib cage causing him involuntarily let out a painful but silent scream, clutching his hands onto the part where he was so painfully punched, trying to control his wheezing, yet to no avail was he able to pretend like it didn't hurt at all.

Huang Liuxing makes a loud harrumph, and glares at Li Zhong, "How dare you say that I will suffer a crushing defeat and then let your eyes wander elsewhere?!" Huang Liuxing gets ready to land another punch at Li Zhong only to have her fists caught by him causing her to lose her balance almost instantly. "How dare you catch my punch!"

"Xing'er, I'm sorry okay? For an organization like the Abyss, we'll need to toughen up the guys first, we should also improve our skills before fighting the boss of Abyss, right?"
"Who said you can call me by that pet name?!"

Huang Liuxing stares at Li Zhong cautiously still not fully convinced. Still, she decided to listen to what he had to say. And if his explanation does not satisfy her, then she will show him what real pain feels like!
Seeing that Huang Liuxing's temper was slowly diminishing, Li Zhong continues, "even if you want to fight Gong Ou Zen, he's like the final boss of an RPG game, in order to get to him you'll need to defeat all of his underlings and his right-hand men."

"But they're weak! I can defeat all those measly underlings coming my way!" Those guards Huang Liuxing fought were a tad too weak for her to even break a sweat. So what were a few more underlings to her?

Li Zhong chuckles at Huang Liuxing's childishness, he strokes her short auburn hair gently. "Xing'er, those guys were probably guards right?"
"Yeah, they were. What about it?"

Li Zhong sighs at her, ah, she really is naive to the point of stupidity. It's no wonder Xiao Mei talked back against her despite the superiority. Thinking about how Xiao Mei spoke to Huang Liuxing so rudely irritated him to the point where he did not realise himself glaring at the crowd behind her. It was not until Huang Liuxing pinched his arm to get his attention again. After seeing him smile so icily behind her, she realised that he was glaring at her underlings.

Li Zhong finally turns his attention back to Huang Liuxing, "Xing'er, guards are never that strong. And an organization such as the Abyss is nothing like our gang. Get it?"
Huang Liuxing ponders, thinking back when she fled from that bastard's territory, she did notice that there were quite a few of powerful-looking guys. As a first-class fighter, she could recognise a strong fighter just by glancing at them.

And what her best friend was saying wasn't completely wrong either. Although her gang was powerful, the numbers of members were limited to only one hundred. And for each rank consisted of several fifteen to twenty people. Whereas, the Abyss has over twenty million members and followers.

Not only that, they are even more well versed and even though they are a mafia, they have somehow infiltrated into the world of business and spreading their horizons, not to mention they have the powerful backing of the Gong family too.

"Damn it!" Huang Liuxing curses under her breath. Black Crow lacked something that the Abyss had. Firstly, it was economic power, secondly, the number of member and followers were too little and manpower is very limited. Thirdly, their territories only amount between four and six. And lastly, the Black Crows is not only just a gang but also a newly established one which in comparison to the Abyss who has a long and deep history. With so many disadvantages how could she possibly even get the chance to challenge Gong Ou Zen to a duel?

"Tut! How bothersome!"
"Exactly!"
"Hmm, Li Zhong. If we defeat that bastard, does that mean we beat that Abyss all together?"

Startled by Huang Liuxing's question, he answers without even thinking, "of course." Satisfied by his reply, Huang Liuxing commands everyone to quietly 'withdraw'. Everyone hurriedly scampered away hoping their leader will not change her mind and beat them. However, Xiao Mei one the other hand was not pleased with the outcome and wanted to stay.

Had not An Xue Lin decided to forcefully pull her out of the room refusing to give Xiao Mei any chance to refuse, then it really wouldn't be so easy to avoid a catastrophe.

"Li Zhong." Huang Liuxing turns around to the exit of the room, "we're gonna conquer all of the territories in Shanghai city! So you better not go elsewhere!" as Huang Liuxing runs off excitedly, Li Zhong runs after her smiling happily, "Yes sir!" Li Zhong would definitely see this through to the end, after all, his silly childhood friend is finally growing up.

There was no way he was going to pass up this chance, Gong Ou Zen will act as a stepping stone for Huang Liuxing's growth. Who cared for the aftermath, he would take care of it for her so long as she was happy.

***

In the office, Feng Gu was lazily sitting on a soft, dark brown sofa relaxing his head on the sofa's head holding a file of papers up in one hand. "Oi!" he calls out to a very irritated man who was sorting out a mountain of important-looking papers twitched at the word that came out of Feng Gu's mouth. Pretending that nothing was said, the young man flipped through his papers in lightning speed.

Realising that he is being ignored, Feng Gu clicks his tongue and calls aloud in a very vulgar manner, "pretty baby Yuan, why do you ignore me so? Is it because you're blinded by how handsome I look, or is it because you're jealous that the girls like me more than you?"
Slamming both of his hands onto the desk the young man glares at Feng Gu, "Don't call me that!"
"Okay, baby Yuan."
"It's Shen Yuan! Not baby Yuan!!"

Shen Yuan shifts his glasses upwards while resisting to urge to kill the annoying man sitting so lazily in the sofa as if he was at his own home. It was appalling that such a man as vulgar as him was under the direct command of his idol Gong Ou Zen. However, he had to put up with it since he was merely a lowly accountant.

Feng Gu, on the other hand, enjoyed teasing Shen Yuan. Just looking at that rapid change of expressions on Shen Yuan's face was entertaining. "Baby Yuan~" reaching his limit, Shen Yuan gets up from his chair and angrily strides through the room while glaring at Feng Gu. "Hey, hey! Where are you going baby Yuan?! If you leave now, that bastard Lu Qian will make me do all of that mountain of paperwork!!" Feng Gu jumps out of the sofa and begs as if this were a life and death situation. "I'm not a super nerd like you who can handle this heavy amount of paperwork in one day!"

"What did you just say?!" stopping in his tracks, a few inches away from the doorknob. Shen Yuan turns his head facing Feng Gu, little did he know that his face was showing obvious hostility and hatred.

"Did you not just brag about how handsome you look? Girls like you more than me? So you should also be smarter than me!!"

"Nuh-uh, uh! I used up all my smarts on picking up beautiful girls! How would I have the time to care about calculating and organising  these tedious pieces of shit?"

'Tedious? Pieces of shit? How dare he?!'

Shen Yuan couldn't take it anymore. Enough was enough! How dare that skirt-chasing bastard insult his profession?

Shen Yuan's glaring eyes transform into that of a ferocious tiger who was provoked by a mere rat. He grabs the doorknob and forcefully twists it open slamming the door loudly.

"Despicable!" dashing at an extreme paste, Shen Yuan grits his teeth. Not only did the bastard use his authority to make him do all of the grunt work, but he even insulted him to his face! How dare he do such a shameless thing despite being one of Gong Ou Zen's most trusted men! Outrageous!

'Just you wait! Feng Gu, I will have my revenge! '

The wind was howling aggressively outside, rain shot down like small pebbles hitting against the window plane. Another sound of shattered glass could be heard. "Well?" a dark and gloomy voice resonated throughout the room causing a frosty atmosphere to take place.

Three shivering men did not even dare to look at the young man sitting near the window sill for they feared that the moment they do, their lives would be in jeopardy.

Gong Ou Zen stared coldly at the shivering men who stood before him not uttering a single word. Clicking his teeth at them he gets up and strides over and sits in a king-like chair and rubs the lower part of his chin. "Since you are keeping quiet and not uttering a single word, I take it that you haven't found that brat who trespassed in our territory yet?"
The men remained silent, Gong Ou Zen was furious. The fact that his men did not say anything meant that they could not track down the girl at all.

"You useless morons!" he bellowed, "I told you to find the damn girl yesterday, yet you still haven't found her?! If you can't find her in three days, then don't think you can see the light of day ever again!!"
After hearing this the men trembled even more. At first, finding the girl the boss was after was supposed to be Lu Qian's and Feng Gu's job, but somehow they got involved too. It was just a stupid civilian girl who just accidentally stepped into their territory, did the boss have to go this far?

"Why are you still here? You think it is a joke? Fine I will make it two days!"
"What?! Boss, please have mercy!! We can't find her in two days!! Please reconsider!!" the men were begging the Gong Ou Zen desperately, "we don't even know her name!".
"Then you should just use your memory of what she looks like to find her!"

The moment those words were uttered their jaws dropped open. Why was the boss being so unreasonable? They were in Shanghai city. The city is too big, and now he wants the girl to be found in two days?
That's impossible!! Forget two days, it would definitely take weeks or even months to find a single person in such a large city!

Gong Ou zen glares at the useless fools, "why are you still here? Should I make it one day?"
The three men bolted out of the room while shouting, "we're leaving! We're leaving!!"

'Boss, how can you be so unreasonable?!'

Three men silently cried in their hearts hoping to find at least a trace of the girl and at least bring some useful information so that they could at least preserve their lives a little longer. 

1