V1 C6: Looking at the system (Part 1)
3.6k 13 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up to a bright sunshine, I experienced the burning sensation of skin slowly creeping up on me like a ghost in the night. An insane urge to scratch surged through my body, attacking and stabbing at my cells. A feeling akin to a live beetle squirming through my brains anchored itself alongside every echelon of my body. It was as if a siege was being carried out as my usual pale skin started blistering up.

[Weakness to sun, all stats halved.]

"OUCH! dang that hurts."

Moving my lethargic leg muscles, I lunged towards the only saving grace my eyes could find, the shade of the nearest oak tree. It was if it were calling to me, luring me into its comfort and like a lion who just found his next meal I took up its tempting offer and scurried into it as if my very life depended on it.

Upon reaching it a sense of relief and security took over as I let out a quick sigh.

"Ahhh!"

The cool and revitalising feeling of the shade, flooded through my body ailing all the pain and discomfort from earlier. After a few minutes, my muscles gradually relaxed, the sense of lethargy disappearing as quickly as it had appeared.

It seemed that there were limitations of being a vampire, for one the sun was now the enemy and no longer the friend. Realising that this could lead to further complications I wracked my brain for a solution. There was something unnerving about being a nightcrawler that could only move under the safety and guise of the shadows. The very thought of being limited in what I could and couldn't do just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Trying to find a solution and failing, I resorted into something that all sentient organisms could do, blaming others.

"Hey Cosmos, a warning would've been sort of ... well I don't know HELPFUL!"

Leashing my frustrations out upon the assistant buried in the corner of my head, helped me calm my temper and spurt out all of the overwhelming feelings of annoyances that had been locked up within my mind.

'Can't a lady get some nice quiet beauty sleep!'

[So now you are a lady?]

'Huh Cosmos you're finally responding now huh. Shouldn't you have a more apologetic tone, can't you see this is your fault!'

[Please elaborate my 'lady'.]

'Urghh do I need to tell you everything. You didn't tell me that the sun was coming up. Isn't that like your job as my assistant. Do you know the pain I had to go through?'

[Brain Log 08/06/2056 - Ms Mileele I would recommend that you wake up now, the sun has almost risen. You can't keep sleeping like this.... "Ugh leave me alone do you know how tiring yesterday was, let me get some sleep you old geezer."]

From the depths of my head, I could hear a vaguely familiar voice, which slightly sounded like me, oh who was I kidding it was my voice.

Without realising it, my face turned a bright tomato red, as the anger fizzled its way out of my body only to be replaced with a sense of embarrassment. It seemed that the whole situation from yesterday had made me kind of cranky. It was either that or something else that women experienced, hopefully it was the first rather than the latter.

'Hehehe, Cosmos you can forgive a little mistake like that, right buddy?'

[Setting zap adjustments. 10...20...60...100% complete. Well then, next time you oversleep I will automatically shock you with 0.02 amps of electricity. It will be quite painful, however hopefully it will sort that bad habit of yours.]

NONONONO, this was what I was dreading, it was equivalent to the bad outcome route in an otome videogame. It seemed that I'd forgotten the concept that for every bright side there would always be a shadow. The nice and kind Cosmos of yesterday had lulled my senses attracting me with his affection, loyalty and dedication. I was entranced and captivated by all of his sweet words and 'madame', 'my lady' business. So much that I'd forgotten that those who are very nice are equally as intimidating when pissed off.

It seemed I'd have to re-evaluate things; he was a formidable opponent; not just a buddy. Well, when I thought about it, it made sense. When in any webnovel that I'd read had I found a friendly kind subservient system? None it was non-existent. It was obvious that he cared for me, however people reciprocated affection in different ways. Some through bullying others more extreme. Cough, cough the yanderes. Lucky Cosmos wasn't on that end of the spectrum, at least, I think.

Placing my hand over my red eye like a chuunibyou, I uttered a sentence that I'd always been itching to say but never had gotten the right opportunity.

'I was careless, I mistook his power level. His actual power level is over 5000'

[Stop with this stupidity and ridiculousness and then maybe we can sort out your scenario.]

'You can sort it out!'

[Yes, here me out. Since I'm integrated with the system function all you need to stay is 'STATUS' and your status screen will show up]

'Let me give it a try, STATUS'.

------

'STATUS'

Name: Mileele| Race - MoonBlood Vampire (vampling) (blood power: weak)

Level: 1 (progression 0%)| Status (Intrigued) | Hunger (high)

------

Strength - 10

Endurance -10

Magical Power - 10 (Mana gauge: 100/100)

Agility - 10

------

Innate Skills: Tough Fang LV.EX, Blood Suck LV.EX

Skill points - 5

Vamp coins -1000

-----

'Wow I've got my own status screen and everything'.

[I'd advise you to check the shop function you can get a lot of useful things there. The shop function uses skill points and vamp coins to purchase things. Although the contents of the store may be limited because of your level. All you have to say is ' ACCESS SHOP'.]

'Okay I'll give it a try, ACCESS SHOP!'

........

{SHOP FUNCTION} {lvl. 1}

Vampire beginners scroll - 1 skill point.

Aphrodisiacs basic - 250 vamp coins

Evil aura condenser- 5000 vamp coins

Mystery box - 500 vamp

Veil of protection - 1000 vamp coins

Attribute tester - 1 skill point

Bloodline refinement - 3 skill points

Appraisal - 5 skill points

---

'Wow this is pretty cool!'

[You should thank your mother for this.]

'Mother?'

[Don't worry that's a story for another day.]

Clearing my head, I decided to engage my lazy brains into some productive thinking. I needed something that could help me in this situation so I'd have to look at each option with scrutiny, and maybe if I had some leftover mulla, I could purchase something else. I looked at the 5 skill points and 1000 vamp coins, it was the time for some decision making.

125