Chapter 13: Making friends? 2
1.2k 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Naómi saw Belinda she was surprised too. They stood face to face and watched each other with big eyes.

„What’s the problem?” the thin boy asked.

„Ah, nothing.” Belinda came back to her senses. „We come from the same city. I didn’t think, I will meet with someone so fast…”

„The two of you know each other?” Zotmund laughed and tapped Bertold’s shoulder. „See, we are really fated. Even our students know each other.”

Bertold turned his face away, meaning he had no comment.

„Okay, then let me introduce my students.” Zotmund said. „The big one is Dárius, the small one is Gregori, and the little girl is Naómi.”

„Pff…” Belinda almost laughed out loud.

  Didn’t Bertold asked, ’your beauties’? And don’t Naómi means ’my beauty’?

She stood there holding her mouth and shaking from the laughter.

The others watched her speechless.

Didn’t know what’s so funny, Zotmund grabbed Bertold’s shoulder.

„So who’s that little boy?”

Bertold saw on his face he was annoyed, but he remained silent.

„Don’t tell me, you didn’t ask? Really! Why I’m not surprised…” he turned around. „Hey, kid! If you laughed enough can you tell us your name?”

Belinda looked up, and saw the situation wasn’t really good, she calmed down.

„Uh, my name is Belinda.”

„Didn’t your name…” Naómi asked hesitantly, but Zotmund interrupted her.

„It’s okay.” he turned to the kids and started to teach them.  „As you know, during the Soul awakening some people have the luck to get memories from their previous life. These peoples sometimes feel that past life is closer to them and even use their previous name. You will meet with a lot of different people here. Boys, who behave like girls, and the opposite. Don’t look down on them, they have more knowledge than others.”

The four kids watched him with interest. Zotmund really enjoyed his role as a mentor.

Belinda suddenly remembered something. Once she read a book about a transmigrator, who was bound to a system. This system forced him to follow his character personality and didn’t let him OOC.

She watched the clouds and felt that she was in a similar situation too.

Hearing a loud clap, she turned back to the others.

„Naómi, Belinda, and Gregori. The 3 of you were confused after the awakening. You feel anything different or remember other things?”

They fell deep into their thought.

„Belinda. Is this your past life’s name? You remember anything else?” Zotmund didn’t give up.

„Uh… not really.” she didn’t know what to say. „It’s not really memories, its closer to a feeling…”

„What kind of feeling?” all of them watched her with shining eyes.

„It’s…” she became nervous. „How to say it?... As if this body’s not mine… Mine was bigger… I mean, I was an adult, maybe… So this body size, I need some time to get used to it.”

You grew up with your body. You used to how long your arms, legs, how big your hands. You knew how high you could jump, how fast you could run. When you try to grab something you knew how far you needed to reach out. If one day, you woke up with arms that were shorter with 10 centimeters, then when you try to grab something, you would miss it. Because you were not used to it.

Belinda wanted them to understand, she didn’t used to this body. So if she did something wrong, they would not look at her strangely.

Their conversation was interrupted by a stomach’s grumble.

„I’m sorry.” Naómi blushed.

„Right! It’s already passed noon. Let’s have lunch.” Zotmund turned to them. „All of you have your room cards with you?”

They tapped their clothes, but none of them brought it.

„Okay, then let’s go back.” while walking, he continued. „Those cards not just a key for your rooms, but serves as your identity card. You need it to get food at the cafeteria.” He took out his and showed to them. It was blue with a gold pattern. „The card pattern shows you which building it belongs. There’re 10 buildings for the students and 5 for the mentors. All of you have black cards because you are beginners. Upgrading your cultivation and doing tasks, you can jump to the advanced level and it’ll be changed to green. Those who have outstanding talents and do a lot of good deeds for the academy they’ll get red cards. Those 2 cards have their benefits, so work hard to get them. Mine’s blue, because I’m a mentor, and the teachers have yellow cards.”

They reached the building and went in.

Belinda stood in front of her rooms. The door was closed. Before she was able to say anything, Bertold took out a card and opened it.

„We got one for an emergency.”

Belinda rolled her eyes.

  I hope, you are not a pervert! Ah, I think Naómi is doomed…

She went into the room and signed. A life just ended here and another one started.

She found her card and they went back to the entrance to wait for the others.

Bertold followed her as a ghost. The goosebumps ran through her body.

„Nice to meet you. From now on I will be in your care.” she tried to start a conversation.

Bertold froze for some seconds, then nodded.

  It sounds stupid, right? Right?! Ah, those novels lied! Saying those mute iceberg men are cool and handsome just brainwashing! He is irritating! I want to go home!

She watched the clouds and sighed.

Zotmund and the others came down after some minutes.

„If you look at your card and the board above the front door you can see the same pattern. And now memorize the pattern on my card. My room on the second floor and room 38. If you have any questions in the future you can visit me. Girls can come even at night.” he smiled.

Bertold’s and Belinda’s face darkened.

„Why can’t I go?” the innocent Dárius asked. „A lot of time I have nightmares and insomnia, I’m used to walk outside at night.”

„At nights, men do other things.” he tried to sound mysterious.

„What other things?” the kids watched him wondering.

Zotmund was speechless. He really didn’t know, how to treat children.

„You will know when you grow up… Let’s go to the cafeteria.” he ran away.

Naómi's name wasn't intentional. I just wanted to take in the team someone, who was known by Belinda. Writing this chapter, I just remembered about it, and used it for a joke. During coincidence like this, i'm always feel that, i'm not writing a story, but the story let me write it...

24