Chapter 15: Chatting
1k 13 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They finally chose some dishes and went to the tables. Every table had 4 chairs, so Belinda and Bertold sat to the next one.

„Meat, meat, meat…” Dárius hypnotized himself and ate the vegetables.

  Who cares about meat? Where are the chocolates, cakes, candies?! Don’t tell me there’s no research related to food?!

Belinda felt that her life became hell. Thinking back she didn’t see too many sweets in Médea’s memories too.

The others ate in silence. Gregori looked at Zotmund but hesitated to speak.

„Mentor Zotmund!” his curiosity won.  „What you mean by our power wasn’t awakened yet? There will be another awakening?”

„Yes. The Soul awakening only gives you memories if you lucky and it’s made easier the cultivation. It has nothing to do with your power. Now your body is in chaos because of the inherited memories, so you need to wait 2 weeks for the Power awakening. I heard some gossips that said that some people were able to awaken their power during the Soul awakening, but I never met them, so who knows.”

„During our test, they told that we have colored roots. What’s that?”

„The root is the place where your power is located. It’s usually in your stomach, but there are different cultivation methods, so it can change its place. Some people said that it can be in your brain or heart. Because it’s the biggest weak point for all of the cultivators, better if you don’t tell anyone where’s yours.”

„Uh?! But didn’t they see it, when were we tested?”

The children watched him with fear.

„Haha, it’s okay. As I said, it depends on the cultivation method you choose, and after the 6th level, you can move your root anywhere in your body and there are some special methods to hide it.” Zotmund laughed. „But most of the people say that if you are enough strong you can protect it, so they don’t’ really care about where it is.”

„4th level, 6th level, you say it so easily.” Dárius muttered. „But how long I need to endure without meat?”

„At the worst case, 2 years.”

„What?!” Dárius stood up.

„Calm down! If you do tasks you can get points. You can exchange it for some special meat that you can eat without a problem, but those animals are rare, so you’ll need to work hard. When we go to the mission hall, I will tell you the details. Now sit down and eat.”

Dárius sat down, but knowing there’s a chance to get meat, he lost his appetite.

„Uh, about the roots,” Gregori continued the interrupted topic. „What they mean by the colors?”

„That’s mean how many types of natural forces are compatible with you. The 5 basic types are water, fire, wind, soil, and mineral. Special types are ice, lighting, mist, wood, etc. Rare types the light and darkness. They give special characteristics to your skills. If you have a single fire root, then your attack will burn your opponent. The more you have, the lesser their power will be, because It’s divided between them.”

„Then why not just choose one and cultivate that?”

„You can’t do that. They are connected and those powers need balance. That’s why the lesser the better. Those who have 5 colored roots can’t cultivate to high levels, not because they need too much energy, but because the power balance in their bodies become unstable. I heard that there’s some way to overcome this problem, but I never needed it, so I don’t know.”

„Uh, they told me mine is 2 colored, but I’ll know the right number after the awakening. How reliable the test results?”

„Almost the same. Sometimes the colors too similar and they miss one, so at the worst, you have 3, not more.”

„Really?!” Dárius asked. „Then there’s a big chance mine have 5?”

„Yes.”

They stopped talking and continued to eat their lunch.

Naómi finished hers and drank tea.

„I’m more interested in the Soul awakening.” she started. „Can you tell me how the array working?”

„Sorry, that’s I don’t know. I’m not an array specialist.” Zotmund apologized. „In theory, it’s resonating with the soul, but I have no clue how it can give back lost and erased memories. They say that those who were lucky and get the memories will be confused because having 2 different life memories is hard for the body. They need to use the Soul calming array to let the two memories coexist, but most of the time its erases one of them.”

Belinda finished her lunch too and thought about the awakening.

  Resonate with the soul? Previous life? Then why are there things from modern times? If I take my case as an example, then it closer to say that it calls a similar soul across time and space. Isn’t this similar to those transmigration novels? In those stories, the original’s soul already left the body, but these kids have theirs. So the Soul calming maybe try to merge…

Her mind suddenly went blank.

In her head, a little pixie tore out a page from the book what contained her memories. It ran to a bin and threw the creased paper in. It lighted it and watched, how the paper slowly burned away. It’s wiped off the sweat from its forehead.

 - Shit! She almost finds out the truth. It was close, too close…

„The two of you really didn’t remember anything?” Zotmund asked hopefully.

Naómi and Gregori looked at each other. They didn’t remember or just didn’t want to say, no one knew.

„Then what about you?” he turned to Belinda but saw her unfocused eyes. He grabbed her shoulder and shook her. „Hey, come back! I’m speaking to you!”

„What?” Belinda came back to her senses. Not because she was shaken, but because the man’s touch gave her a bad feeling. There was something dangerous on him.

„I’m asking if you remembered anything else. Really, the kids nowadays…” he complained.

  You are the kid! My age almost double of yours!!

Belinda rampaged in her head and chose to not speak with this bastard. She completely forgot about the feeling she felt.

„It’s okay if there’s still no memories. Sometimes it takes a whole week for them to come out. Just spend more time trying to remember. Better to write down everything, because sometimes those memories will be forgotten right away.” Zotmund explained.

23