Chapter 21: And the herbs
769 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The salesman watched them with interest.

„The higher the price, the better the eggs in. You can’t open the boxes, so it depends on your luck that pets you get! Even the cheapest one has the chance to get the most expensive beast! I take in one from every egg. Isn’t it exciting?” he laughed.

Belinda felt she opened the door the wrong way.

„Lottery? Can’t we buy the pet we want?” Naómi sorrowfully asked.

„Oh, you can, but the better ones cost too much, so most of the students like to try their luck.” he took out a book and opened it.

The book started with the cheapest pet. It was only 3k points, but extremely ugly. They watched the pets until 5k points, but none of them was interested in them.

„Didn’t most of the boxes contain these pets?” Gregori asked.

„Yes, 70% of the boxes contain the pets under 5k points.”

„What if the customer doesn’t want the pet? They throw it away?”

„Of course we buy it back on the egg price.”

  Cheat! You sell it for 10k, and buy it back for 5k?! Why don’t you just take out a box and write on it ’throw your money here’?!

After looking around, the disappointed kids left the shop.

Belinda sighed. No matter where you go, gambling always was and would be the most favorite game.

„The last part of the stable is where they hold the demonic beasts.” Zotmund said. „Sorrowfully, we can’t go there. You guys are still mortals, their power will cause internal injuries to you. Not to mention they don’t like strangers. When their owner takes them here, they introduce the workers to them, so they don’t hurt them.”

The kids were disappointed. They wanted to see what kind of beasts exist.

They left the stable. Belinda felt tired. This last stop was too much for her.

„The next stop is the garden. It’s divided into 3 parts too. The first part is where the vegetables we eat. I’m sure you guys not really interested in them, but you will see how different they became. They are similar to the vegetables you used to eat, but they were sprinkled with spirit water. This way it contains some energy and helps to clean the body.”

They walked to a gate with another 2 guards.

„The 2nd part contains the plants they use to feed the demonic beasts. It’s rare, but not all beasts are eating meat. Not to mention, most of the pets are the same too.”

They walked in and saw a lot of interesting plants.

„As you see, the vegetables will mutate after being sprinkled with spirit water.”

„This is… corn?!” Gregori asked.

It was bigger than the normal corn and its color was purple.

„Yes. As you see, their color and size will change. Some even change their form. If you watch it property, you can guess the originals.”

„Ah, strawberries?!” Belinda was surprised.

The strawberries were grey and cube-shaped. There weren’t any seeds on it.

She remembered, she ate potato vegetable-dish at lunch, but the color was not right. It was orange as if it was carrots, but the taste was right.

They spend almost half an hour there. They enjoyed playing to guess what they see.

At the end of the road, they reached the fruit shop. They walked in skeptically. They were afraid to see another high priced lottery shop.

„So cheap?!” Dárius was shocked.

The fruits’ prices were between 5 and 100 points. There were some rare one what almost cost a thousand, but they felt that it’s still cheap.

Belinda was disappointed. If she wanted to stay in her rooms for a longer time, she needed a lot of points to buy fruits. Maybe she could take away food from the cafeteria but fruits last longer. In the end, she needed to work.

Next to it was the vegetable shop. Gladly the prices were almost the same.

After looking around, they left.

„The last part contains the herbs for pills. We can’t go there. They really sensitive, and the gardeners hate if others go in.” Zotmund said.

They disappointedly sighed and left the garden.

„To become a refiner or tamer, you need strong spiritual energy. Most of the time, the 2 professions are connected, because refiners don’t have enough time to work on their martial arts. The gardeners are refiners too because they can cultivate better quality herbs. Later you will learn how to control your internal energy. It’s necessary to collect herbs. If you dig out an herb the normal way, its roots will be damaged. The damaged herbs lost its power faster and it’ll become a waste…” Zotmund instructed them about the herbs.

The kids become bored. They felt as if they were already sitting in a class. They felt that Zotmund loved his voice too much.

Belinda saw some butterflies and went to capture one.

She easily caught it and then it didn’t want to leave. She sighed and let it be.

It’s ended up sitting on her shoulder and went with them.

They left the Herbs and Demonic Beast Learning behind. They weren’t interested to go in, and they already saw what they wanted.

Zotmund stopped in front of the Refining Club, but the kids shook their heads and just wanted to go to the Mission Hall. After seeing those prices, they really wanted to know how the works paid.

On the way Naómi was silent. She calculated how to get a cute pet the fastest way. She didn’t believe her luck was good, not to mention getting 10k points needed too much work. She didn’t want to work, just enjoy herself. Time after time, she took a fast look at Zotmund.

„… Mentor Zotmund.” she whispered.

„Yes?”

„There’s no way to get pets cheaper? Can’t you catch them in the wild?”

„As I told before, you need the eggs to form a contract. They were able to survive in the wilderness, so they have their way to hide their eggs. It’s extremely hard to find them. Don’t look down on them because they are the lowest level beasts! And the points are precious and the shop buys the eggs for the full price, so no one will sell them outside for lesser points.”

The others listened too and were disappointed.

18