Chapter 22: Registration
776 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They reached the Mission Hall and saw a lot of kids there. They were standing in a line at the entrance.

„Oh, right, I almost forget it. First, you need to register.” Zotmund patted his forehead.

„Register for what?” Gregori asked.

„Your card has a lot of function, but you still don’t register your data on it. When you first opened the door with it, it’s memorized your fingerprint and breath, so no one can use it afterward.”

They stood in the line to get the registration’s paper.

After getting it, Belinda went to a table to fill it out. She was surprised to see the pens. She remembered, in the memories of Médea’s they used feathers to write. She didn’t care too much about it and sat down to take a proper look at the asked data.

She didn’t see the other 3 confused look. They didn’t know how to use the pen and just played with it. Zotmund watched her meaningfully and then taught the others how to write with it.

Belinda started to read the questions.

Soul name:

Body name:

Soul’s gender:

Body’s gender:

She stared at it blankly.

  What the hell with these questions?! There’s no privacy anymore?!

She read the other questions.

Favorite food… favorite book… movies… TV series…

  What the hell?! These question instead of registration sounds like I want to find a lover… Not to mention…

She turned to the others. „There are TVs?!”

She didn’t have big hope but really wanted to see what kind of movies they could create in this kind of world. In her time, using computer graphics to make films with 100% reality feeling was easy, but shooting an action movie without using any, she was sure, it would give a different feeling when watching.

„No. Those things mentioned in some books in the library, but I never saw any. Why?” Zotmund broke her hope mercilessly.

„Then why they asking these kinds of things?!”

Zotmund took over one of the paper and read it. It was easy to see on his face that there were some problems with it.

„Excuse me!” Belinda turned to one of the students who did the registration. „Didn’t I get the wrong paper?”

The girl took over the paper and after reading some line, become angry. She crumpled it and threw it to a man.

„How many times I need to tell you to do your job properly?! Stop playing around!”

„Haa? And how many times I told you, don’t stand in my way! Maybe today I will be able to find my soul mate! I know that person with the same interest as I am are here!”

The girl didn’t cared about him. She gave him some slap, threw him into a room, and closed the door.

Belinda’s chin fell. The other officer students treated it as if nothing happened. They were already used to it. They saw it too much time.

„I’m sorry. There was some problem with the papers.” the girl took out a professional smile as if the one who just hit the man wasn’t her. „Here the right paper. Please ask me, if anything inexplicable.”

„… Okay.” Belinda took the paper and ran back to the table.

This paper only asked 6 data. Name, gender, age, birthplace, birth date, and country.

Belinda remembered the city where Médea was born, but she was thrown away, so she didn’t intend to use it. At the school, they used the village’s name where she lived for 3 years.

As for birth date… Usually, for orphans they could guess the months they were born and just used the middle day in it. So every orphans’ birthday was on the 15th. This idea became commonly used on the whole continent. When a family’s child was born on the 15th, they changed it to 14th or 16th. They didn’t want others to misunderstand it and treated their child as an orphan.

Belinda filled out the paper and gave it back to the girl with her card.

The girl took out a special feather and touched the card with it. From the card, an almost transparent page came out with the same questions as what was on the paper. It’s floated in the air. The girl was fast to fill it out. It was easy to see she did it a lot of time. When she touched one of the corners of the page, it fell back to the card.

Belinda was surprised. This realization was really similar to the computer in her time.

„It’s done. Thank you for waiting patiently!” the girl smiled and gave back the card.

„Thank you…” Belinda watched the card but didn’t leave.

„Can I help you with anything else?”

„Ah… Excuse me, but is it possible to change the data on the card?”

„? No, it can only be changed by the principal. When you graduate and give back the card, he will erase all the data on it. No one else has the right.”

„I see. Thank you.”

Belinda left sadly. She just realized, even if she wrote her original birthday instead of Médea’s, no one would know it. She became mad at herself for not thinking before writing.

She went back to the others and saw them having a hard time to write with pens. She realized how careless she was. Using a pen the first time didn’t an easy thing.

„I see you have some memories related to these modern things. You will be able to become used to live in the academy. Bertold is lucky, he doesn’t need to teach you.” Zotmund laughed at her.

Belinda watched the 3 kids and realized, her concern about not being used to be in a kid’s bodies was nothing compared to others to learn how to use these things. She couldn’t wait to see, what kind of modern things were available in this world. Her biggest wish was to see the bathroom. There’re a big tub and hot water?

Naómi lost her patience and threw the pen to Zotmund.

„Fill it out to me!”

„Yes, my lady!” Zotmund happily took over the job and tried to get some good points from Naómi.

„Please, help me too!” Dárius begged him.

„Do it yourself!” Zotmund mercilessly rejected him.

  Such a womanizer!

20