Chapter 26: Practicing field
751 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Arena was behind the hospital. It was a big, circle-shaped building.

Belinda sighed. Seeing the Arena’s similarities to the Colosseum from the Earth, she wasn’t surprised anymore.

„After your Power awakening, you’ll need to come here to register on the class list. You can fight with the student in the same year. Once you reach the top 100, you’ll have the right to challenge the students from the next year. At the end of the year, there will be a tournament, where the top 50 students will fight. Luckily we, the mentors can fight too, but it’s a mixed group with all of us.”

„Why can’t we register now?” Gregori asked.

„Because some students’ power will be unstable and they need time to work on it. Sometimes it’s better just to work on your skills for 2-3 years. If you register, then anyone can challenge you. Some kids were badly injured, so the teachers changed the rules and let the first 3 years have the right to choose to register or not.”

„But we just started, how can they be badly injured? Some students can be stronger than others?” Naómi didn’t understand.

„The academy forbids the cultivators to awaken their children’s power, but what they learn can’t be controlled.”

„It’s cheating!” Dárius cried out.

„Cheat? If I remember right, you come from a noble family. I’m sure, your parents asked some masters to teach you. It’s just that, their masters stronger than the ones who taught you.” Zotmund watched him meaningfully.

„You dare to speak!” Gregori hit his head. „Run, run, Fatty! What did they teach you? How to roll?!”

„Shut up, you bastard!” Dárius ran away with his tail between his legs.

„Think about it before registering. It’s true, you can get points for fighting in the Arena, but right now you can’t take any pills, so if you injured and drop out, you will stay behind from your classmates and it’ll be hard to close up.”

„Ah! If there’re tournaments, then is there anyone who doing gamble?” Gregori had a good idea.

„Of course! It’s controlled by the teachers. Your form master will have the information about the players, and he’ll collect the points too. Before it was done by students, but some of them cheated and tried to run away with the points. Really, some people so stupid… it’s a closed world, where can you run?” Zotmund shook his head.

They walked around. Zotmund showed them where the registration’s counter, the anteroom, and the dressing-room were. There was an infirmary room with some nurses too. They could treat the minor injuries here.

They left the arena and saw a high wall.

„This is the practicing field. This place is divided into bigger places, where you have classes, and smaller places, where you can be alone and practice your skills.” They walked in a gate and on the right side, there was a house. „They hold the practicing weapons here. You can try out any kind of. In your first year, you need to find out which type is more suitable for you.”

In front of the house, there was an older man. He was high and big, full of muscles. He spoke with some students. Zotmund stood not far from them.

„You need to go through 2 weeks of training. That man is Pedró, the martial art’s teacher. You guys will be under his hand. Go to him and register.”

They departed, but Naómi looked back and stopped.

„Why don’t you come?” she asked Belinda.

„I can’t go….”

„Why?!” Naómi was angry. Why wasn’t this man following her?

The other two came back.

„… I need to go to the hospital.” Belinda was speechless. Why did she need to do things to please her?

„Oh, your health check showed some problems?” Zotmund was surprised.

„… yes.” she didn’t want to speak about it, so she just hid behind Bertold.

„Health problem?! But he seems okay…” Gregori said.

„Maybe if he lives as a mortal, his illness never comes out in his whole life, but the Power awakening isn’t a game. Even a little problem can cause a disaster.”

„Then he can skip the training?!” Dárius envied her. He hated any kind of exercise.

„No. He takes a month’s treatment and starts the training after that. You guys will have a month’s advantage in your studying. I don’t want to see any of you fall behind him! Now go and register!”

The kids ran to the teacher.

Zotmund was happy. The children, who needed treatment were called mobs in the academy. Not just their health was worse, but their ability too.

It didn’t matter what he did, he always stood behind Bertold. Now his student was between the worst. He was sure, knowing this the others would be happy too.

Its sound means, but if they couldn’t win against Bertold, they would have their revenge on his student. Humans always use any means to make themselves feel better.

Zotmund looked at Belinda and sighed. She just started the academy, but the road in front of her was filled with dangers. She would be forced to stay between the worst and never move forward.

Maybe her illness was a blessing in disguise. If Bertold got a student with high potential, she would be ruined by others…

They stood there and waited for the others to come back. The sky slowly darkened.

Gregori happily ran back. „The teacher told that we can go in and see the weapons.”

They went into the house and walked on the corridor. There were a lot of rooms without doors, and a weapons name was written on a board next to it.

Gregori ran to see the daggers. Dárius went to the axes’ room. Naómi didn’t seem to be interested in anything, she just walked and read the boards.

Belinda walked slowly and looked in every room. When she saw the ’miscellaneous’ board she went in. She regretted it.

  Just what the hell the creators thought?! And others really use these things as a weapon?! These things… These…

Seeing those ’toys’ her head went blank. She really needed to rethink her world view.

16