Chapter 40: Spells
670 9 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda went back to her room and stood in front of the mirror.

She combed her black hair. She really liked the bluish color that it could get under the light. She only stopped, when Bufy landed on her head.

„You are back!” she happily spoke to it. „It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” then her smile disappeared and she murmured. „I really regret now that I cut it. How beautiful would it be…”

She turned around and saw the closed window, then she looked at the closed door.

„How did you come in?” she was puzzled, but she didn’t think too much about it. Maybe she was too excited when she came back and didn’t see it came in with her.

She walked around in the room while thinking. She remembered a lot of stories about water spells, but she didn’t know which one would be used in this world.

Most of the time, they mentioned it as defense type skills. There were some cases when it was used for attacking, but she thought that it was really more suitable for defense. Using it for healing… maybe it’s possible to clean out the wound or could wash out some poisons, but she didn’t think it could have any big effect. And those crazy stories, where you could control the water in others’ bodies… She didn’t believe in them.

She suddenly remembered a more important thing and ran to the bookshelf. She threw away some books until she found the one she was looking for. She turned over it, but couldn’t find the information she wanted.

  Why?! There’s really nothing about spells?! Even Zotmund didn’t mention it. What’s this mean?

She tried to calm down and sat on her bed. She slowly read the book. Maybe she was too excited and missed it.

After some hours she really found a short paragraph.

Because there are too many different kinds of roots, the related spells the Academy didn’t teach. There are some Clubs where the students can do research, but they need to learn them by themselves.

  Are you kidding with me?!

Belinda threw away the book and lay on her bed. She already had enough things to do, and now she needed to create spells and learned them too. She didn’t know where to start.

  Okay. Let’s forget about spells. It doesn’t seem to be something I can learn now, maybe next year…

She went out to get some fresh air. She visited the library and it was closed. That teacher worked really fast. Standing in front of the closed door she realized, she couldn’t go in! Then how could she work?!

It was almost dinner time, so she left this problem for tomorrow.

She didn’t know what kind of classes they had, so she went to sleep early.

The next morning she went to the appointed building and she saw some teacher standing next to the entrance. She saw Horác and went to greet him.

„Good morning, teacher!”

„Mornin~” he yawned. „You are from… Rózasy, right?”

„Yes.”

„Then you are not my student. Go to Amand.” he said casually.

„… Amand?”

„The kid who cried yesterday.” he yawned and didn’t pay more attention to her.

Belinda was confused. She didn’t remember to see anyone crying, not to mention a kid… She looked around and saw the young teacher who ran away yesterday.

  Ah, he is still a kid in their eyes!

She went to greet him and waited patiently. They started the class at 7 AM.

When all the new students came, the teachers went with them to their classrooms.

Belinda followed Amand.

„Your teacher is Tarsch Gobert. I’m replacing him because he’s still in retreat. During these classes, you will learn how to control your internal energy.” they walked in a room and Amand stopped her. „You just awakened. Stay here until I tell today’s task to the others, then I’ll tell you what you need to know.”

Belinda sat on a chair next to the door. The classroom was different from the usual ones. All the chairs were placed next to the wall and in the middle, there were some special tables. The closest one for her had some stones on it. There were pictures on them and the kids used their internal energy to follow the lines to draw it.

Belinda didn’t have more time to watch them, because Amand sat next to her.

„During the first class, we usually let the children ask their questions. So are there anything you want to know about the Academy?”

Belinda thought about it. Most of the things were mentioned in the book, only that thing left.

„The spells. Why aren’t you teach them?”

„Because it’s too complicated. Let’s see, for example, there’s a man with a 3 colored root. Its fire, soil, and wind. His strongest one the fire. Then he meets with another man with the same root, but his strongest one the wind. He can strengthen his fire spell with the wind, but the other man can strengthen his wind spell with the soil. Even if you have the same roots the sequence will be different. Even if it’s completely the same, if they learned different skills or use different weapons, then they need to learn suitable spells. There are too many factors that affect it. It’s impossible to solve it, but this is what can make it interesting. When you’ll go to the Arena, you’ll see a lot of different spells with skills. It’ll give you a lot of ideas, so you don’t need to be afraid of creating your own style.” Amand spoke happily.

Belinda sat there without a word. It was really too complicated. She didn’t think so deeply about it. She watched the other students’ practice.

  I’m sure, those combined spells will be beautiful… Why do I only have water? I can’t think about any good use of it… Arg, just let it be! There’re more important things!

Amand went to look at how the other students managed their tasks.

Belinda listened to what he said to the kids and she became interested in those stones.

17