Chapter 41: Practice
579 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda followed Amand with her eyes. He watched every students’ progress. Some kids were praised, some were helped to correct their way. He answered all their questions. When he reached a girl who looked at him with sparkling eyes, Belinda froze.

  I forgot she was in the same class as me…

Naómi was extremely proud, but her picture didn’t even resemble what it needed to be. When Amand tried to correct her, she almost cried. In the end, he only said her progress was good, she could continue the practice. Naómi proudly looked at the other students.

Belinda’s face darkened. She was sure, she came from a countryman family too. Then how could she be so spoiled? She searched in her memory. She remembered, once in the school they needed to speak about their parents. Naómi said that she was her parents’ everything. She didn’t have any siblings and she was born late. Her parents were old and they were happy to have a child, so she got everything that she wanted.

Belinda shook her head. Buying everything to your children wouldn’t teach them how to like and respect others. Those parents only ended up harming their kids.

After walking around, Amand went back to her.

„I’m glad to see you become interested in the class.” he smiled. „The internal energy has a lot of other names, for example, Qi, spiritual energy, will… In the old times, they believed that they were different kinds of power.” he looked at the other kids. „Just look around in this classroom. Can you see 2 completely alike students?”

Belinda watched the children’s practice. Some were better, some were worse. Even the color of their power was different.

„How there’s no 2 alike existence, there’s no 2 alike power. You can call it differently, but it all comes from the same place. In these classes, while you learn how to control it we can see what kind of internal energy you have. You will know if you are suitable to make pills or weapons, learn arrays or seals. Of course, you can learn all of them if you want, but it will be harder. So it’s better to start with the one that’s suitable.” He stood up. „Come with me.”

They walked into a corner. There was a thick carpet on the floor. It was really comfortable.

Amand taught her how to sit properly. During cultivation, the energy needed to circulate in the body. If the posture was wrong, it could even harm your body.

„Now close your eyes, don’t think about anything and concentrate on your heart. Feel its beating, then try to feel the blood flowing through it. After it succeeds, slowly follow the blood flowing through every part of your body. Concentrate on the blood, and you will feel a weak presence in it. That’s your internal energy. When you will be able to capture properly that feeling, follow it. If you do it right, your body will draw out in front of your eyes.” Amand stood up. „These are the first steps. Take it easy. I’ll call you when the class end.”

Belinda knew that it would be hard, but she never thought she would fail at the first step. She couldn’t empty her head! She always thought about a lot of things to the points, where it’s caused her a lot of sleepless nights.

  Really… Why didn’t I transmigrated into an ordinary world?

She spent a lot of effort to try to stop thinking, but when she finally did it… She fell asleep.

Amand woke her up when the class ended. He was helpless. As a new teacher, he still didn’t know a lot of things. The other students were able to practice without problems. It was his first time to see someone who fell asleep.

„Go back to your room and continue to practice. The next time I will check your progress.”

Belinda left. It was still early. The class lasted for 3 hours and there wasn’t another one. She thought about it and chose to practice in the evening. She was afraid, she would just sleep the whole afternoon.

She went to the library and it was closed. She went to look around to see if there was another entrance. She saw some first-year students. She heard them mentioning the task in the library, so she followed them.

Behind some bushes, they reached another entrance. Next to it was a similar stone post that Belinda saw in the practicing field. The kids touched their cards to it, then the door opened and they went in. Belinda went after them.

Some of them were new, so they went to look for a librarian.

Their task was really simple. They needed to bring the books from the bookshelves to the assigned places. The payment was 20 points per hour. Belinda didn’t understand why she was told it would be just 5…

She went to do her job. She saw mostly first, and some second-year students. It seemed the task was only given to them. Because the books could easily be damaged, it was forbidden to use their power.

After some hours, Belinda saw Gregori. He was surprised to see her, but he just continued his work, didn’t even greet her. Belinda didn’t care, it was better this way.

She worked until dinner time, but she didn’t see the other 2. They were the ones who spoke about buying meat and pets, yet they didn’t come.

Before the door, there was another stone post. Going out, they touched it with their cards. This way they could count how many hours they worked.

In the cafeteria, she met with Gregori again.

„I didn’t think you can work until the end.” he was surprised.

„Why not? I need points too…” she didn’t understand him. She went to a table and sat down.

„You don’t know?!” he sat down opposite her. „On the first day, almost half of the students were kicked out! The librarians were walking around and checking if you working or not.”

„Really? They take it so seriously… There’s any rule you need to follow?” she was only told what to do, nothing else.

„Apart from that you can’t damage any books I didn’t hear anything else.” he shook his head. „You know, the 3 of us went together. Naómi started to cry after half an hour, saying that she was tired, and they kicked her out. Then after an hour, they found Dárius sleeping under a table, so…”

He didn’t need to say more, Belinda understood it. Those 2 were really too lazy…

15