Chapter 42: Helper
576 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda went back to her room to practice. She sat on her bed and tried to follow the steps.

The next morning she woke up with sore legs. Sleeping in that position for too long wasn’t good.

She thought about it and chose to visit Horác. He told that she could ask him. Not to mention, he intended to register her as his helper. But she wasn’t interested in poisons… She didn’t know what else she could do.

After breakfast, she stood in front of the teachers’ dormitory. She was told that she could go to his lab, but he forgot to tell where it was!

She went in to try her luck. In the waiting room, there was already a student. She sat down not far from him.

The door on the opposite side was opened and a teacher came in.

  From all of the teachers, why him?!

Belinda facepalmed. The man was Timur. She saw enough times how much those two hated each other.

The student went to him and told him who he was looking for.

Timur flipped through some talismans, then took out one. It had a weak yellow light, then it turned into blue and they heard another man’s voice.

  Phones?! Soo good!

Belinda’s eyes shined. She didn’t realize the other student left. Timur looked at her impatiently.

„And you? What do you want?”

„I’m looking for teacher…. Horác…” her voice became weak at the end.

Timur took away the talismans and took down his shoes. From it, he took out another talisman.

Belinda couldn’t say anything, she just looked at the worn-out paper.

After a minute it turned into blue, and they heard someone’s snorting.

„A student looking for you.” Timur said without greeting.

„Told her to let’s meet at the park!” Horác said casually.

„It’s a B.O.Y!” Timur’s face darkened.

„Boy?... Then told him to go to the Mission Hall.” he ended the call.

Timur crumpled the talisman then looked at Belinda.

„Heard, right?”

„Yes… Thank you.” she ran away.

When Belinda stood in front of the Mission Hall she patted her chest. Timur’s gas field was too strong.

She walked in and saw the board with the top 10 students’ names.

  Are you kidding with me?! Already had 50k points?! We just started…

In the library, she got a little more than 100 points. She couldn’t imagine what kind of missions those students did. The difference between the first and tenth was less than 5k.

„Envy?” she heard a familiar voice behind her.

„No.” she shook her head and turned to Horác. „I just don’t understand how they get so many points. The year just started…”

„Oh, that’s easy. Just accept all the tasks what in the same place or close to it, then you only need to go out once.”

  And you need a lot of luck, right? If all the missions were low-level ones…

„He still holding it in his shoes?”

Belinda’s eyes rounded. Horác just laughed and walked in.

They went through the Hall and walked into a room at the corner. A middle-aged man sat next to the table. He was writing something.

„You still don’t know how to knock?!” he looked up with an emotionless face.

„I come to register a helper.”

„Come back later, I don’t have time!” he continued to write.

Horác took away Belinda’s card and went to a black box. She didn’t see what he did, just heard he said ’done’.

They left the room and heard a roar.

„Who gave you permission?!”

Belinda was frightened. Horác grabber her hand and pulled her out of the building.

Belinda came back to her senses and looked up at him.

„Are you always so unruly?”

Horác just smiled. They walked into the Refining club’s building. On the third floor, he stopped in front of a door.

„Let me show you my kingdom!” his eyes shined.

He opened the door and Belinda walked in.

There were a lot of different bottles on the tables and cupboards. The liquids in them were really colorful. On the wall, there were written some formulas or who knew what. It wasn’t that different from the chemistry laboratory she used in her university’s years.

Seeing her indifference, Horác face changed. He became serious but didn’t ask anything just closed the door.

„How was your first class?” he asked casually to break the silence.

Belinda’s face darkened, but in the end, she still told him she fell asleep when she tried to practice.

„Bruhahaha! You are really perfect! My insight was right, I won’t be bored with you!”

„Just what kind of logic do you follow, when you choose helpers?!” she became angry. She didn’t think too much when she gave him her card. She was already registered, at worst she didn’t come here again.

„Hehe… You know why I chose you. I’m just bored here all alone. On his way, Bertold is funny too, but he doesn’t come too often.” he sighed.

  I can understand why…

„Okay, let’s speak about your problem. Tell me what Amand told you.”

Belinda repeated it to him.

„Is he stupid?!” Horác asked after a while. „And Bertold didn’t…… Forget it! I teach you!”

At the end of the laboratory, there was a little room with a bed. They sat face to face there. Horác corrected her sitting position.

„Close your eyes. You don’t need to try to empty your head, just concentrate on your heart. I’ll take my hand on your chest and send energy into your body. Try to feel it!”

Belinda followed his introduction. She concentrated on her heart, but slowly her attention went to the hand on top of her heart. She felt something slowly invading her body. It wasn’t the first time Horác’s energy entered her body, but before she didn’t paid attention to it. Now she was able to feel it. It gave a little dangerous yet warm feeling to her.

It started to circle in her body. She tried to follow it but lost it after a while. She didn’t panicked, she just went back to feel the next energy wave and followed it. She learned slowly.

16