Chapter 72: Team
449 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belinda watched the bracelets. The presence she felt from that fog was the same she could feel around Horác. She suddenly understood. The half-liter blood wasn’t the cost of the weapons, the biggest part was used to form this seal.

„But nothing happened when I touched it the last time…” Gregori murmured.

„Because you didn’t have the intent to take it away. It’s a protection seal, so it’ll only activate when someone wants to steal it.” one of the mentors said. „But this poison was refined from Horác’s blood. It could kill anyone. So the rumors were true, you really immune to him.” he excitedly looked at her.

Belinda felt that she became a rare species. She hated to be watched, so she hid behind Bertold.

„What’s so interesting about it?” he asked.

„Of course, you think this way! You are the same!” the man pointed at Bertold’s nose.

„Okay, okay. Let’s stop this!” another mentor stepped in. „The teachers will come in after some minutes, so let introduce each other.” he pulled over the 2 boys behind him. „My name is Uzor. These two are Ciceró and Domán.”

„I’m Fabó.” the last one stepped over, then pointed behind him. „Szalvia, Kleon.”

„You two just enjoyed the show...” he sighed. „I’m Izor, and this little girl is Fatima.”

„Bertold and Belinda.” he nodded.

„And I’m the protector of all the women, Zotmund! She is my little princess, Naómi!” his shining became stronger. „The extras are Dárius and Gregori.”

Dárius happily waved, but Gregori’s face was dark.

„Hahaha! I see, only one of them has talent!” Izor laughed.

Belinda was stunned. „Izor and Uzor?”

„Twins.” Bertold said.

  They don’t even resemble each other!

She watched the 2 men. Uzor was almost 190 centimeters tall, had brown hair and black eyes. Izor was shorter with 10 centimeters, had black hair and brown eyes. And their faces... They were so casual...

Belinda sighed and watched the kids. The two little girls were shy and sometimes they looked at Bertold.

  Not again! Dear girls, you’ll need to fetter him to yourself for years and maybe you can melt his ice heart...

Now she was sure this training wouldn’t be that easy. Not to her.

The teachers came out and Perdó stood on the front. He slowly looked around and nodded.

„I see, all of the mentors followed my instruction and formed a team of 5. Now the mentors with more students will be responsible for all the kids in their team.”

Belinda’s face darkened and she saw Zotmund looked at her meaningfully.

„The training lasts for 7 days. In the first 3 days, the mentors will be with you and help you to become used to live in the forest. We know a lot of you came from villages, but the beasts are more dangerous than the animals. In the last 4 days, you can choose to form a team or go alone. You’ll get points after killing beasts or finding herbs. You get the same points as their levels. In a team, the points will be split between the members, so choose wisely.”

They got a talisman. If they would be in danger they needed to tear it and they would be teleported back to the practicing field.

Belinda put it away carefully and didn’t pay too much attention to the other things. Horác already gave her the task to read the books about the spirit herbs and demonic beasts that lived around the academy. There were some problematic ones between them, but with a little attention, it was easy to evade them.

This training mostly was about to help them to understand the signs if they entered the territories of the stronger monsters. Their chance to find herbs in those places was higher but they needed to be extra careful.

Belinda took out the pervert repellent and sighed. She was sure if she used it all those monsters would die from fright. She thought about giving it to Bertold, but then her eyes fell on Zotmund and put it away without a second thought.

  In the first 3 days, it will be necessary.

Perdó finished to say what he wanted and the other teacher showed them the way. The students said goodbye those mentors who were left behind.

Behind the practicing field, there was a big gate. After the kids walked through of it they officially left the Academy’s territory. The students who were on the front stopped and gasped for breath. The others behind them tried their best to get a position to see what made them stop. In the end, all the kids stood there and watched the view with awe.

The Academy was built on top of a mountain. In front of them was a long and rapid slope that reached the forest under the mountain. The trees were mostly around 10 meters high, but sometimes there were taller ones, the highest almost reached 60 meters, yet the students needed to look down to those trees too.

Belinda was with Gregori and they looked around. „I never thought there will be such a big forest.”

„Gladly the Academy was built on the highest point so even if we will be lost we could climb a tree and see where we need to go.” Gregori sighed.

„Attention!” Pedró shouted. „If all of you look that way, you can see a transparent energy shield. Behind it is the trial field we’re heading now. Mentors, pay attention to safety until we reach that place.”

They went down and entered the forest. They saw a lot of kind of trees, bushes, and even some flowers.

Naómi was still down. She didn’t understand why everyone was against her today. She looked around but felt that the forest was boring, she wanted to leave and go back to her room. Suddenly her eyes widened when she saw a beautiful pink flower. She jumped out from the line to get it, yet her hand was grabbed by Zotmund.

„My princess, please look it properly. I’m sure, you don’t want to touch it.” he grabbed a stone and gently threw it to the flower.

After being hit, it suddenly turned its appearance into a worm with a big mouth and sharp teeth. It chewed the stone, then spat it out after realizing it couldn’t eat it.

Naómi hugged Zotmund’s hand. She had enough and didn’t want to look around anymore.

17