Chapter 75: Konkeys
466 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gregori stood up and walked to her. His eyes were red from tiredness. „You finally wake up! I can’t believe you can sleep in such a big noise!”

„... The array is soundproof.” she muttered blankly.

„Why didn’t they teach it earlier?!” Ciceró cried out. He fell back and lay on the ground. He was too tired to move.

Belinda looked at them then turned to Gregori. „What happened?”

Gregori sighed and told her everything.

In the middle of the night, they were awakened by noises. Something threw stones to their tents. They come out and they were happy to see the monsters didn’t ran away. Finally, they could hunt! So they fought with them, but those little beasts were too agile. After an hour meaningless running the boys were angered. Domán and Ciceró came up with an idea of how to fool them and ended up killing 3! But that moment was a turning point. The beasts were shocked, then their eyes turned red and attacked them with their full power. They were crazy and didn’t cared how badly they were hurt they didn’t stop. The boys ended up desperately fighting for their life. Gladly when the sun rose the beasts left.

 „These donkeys were really annoying, but everyone was able to kill more than 10, so we got a lot of points!” Gregori took out one and happily showed it off.

Belinda was speechless. The beast they called donkey was similar to a monkey. The body shape was like a monkey, but the appearance was more like a donkey from Earth. Grey fur, long ears, and a mane that followed its spine. They were 2nd level carnivorous beasts and lived in groups. But the one in Gregori’s hand was a konkey! It didn’t have a mane and its ears were rounder, its appearance was similar to a koala. It was a 1st level herbivorous monster. They lived in groups and were extremely playful. They enjoyed to make trouble, but once they saw one of them being hurt or killed, they lost their senses and attacked everything around them. It wouldn’t be that big problem because of their low levels, but sometimes their group had more than 500 members... Gladly, they came back to their senses when the sun rose and ran away.

  I can’t believe all the 5 of them got it wrongly! Just what kind of books did you guys read?!

They didn’t have the time to speak more because Zotmund came over and told them to prepare. They left after 10 minutes.

The boys treated their injuries, but they didn’t have enough water to wash away the bloody smell. Because of it, they weren’t able to see any beasts the whole day.

Belinda found two 1st level and a 2nd level herbs. She saw 5 more, but Zotmund collected them for the girls. She felt annoyed, but she had the necessary 5 points, so she could pass this test. She didn’t care for the herbs, but she couldn’t believe the teachers didn’t see his cheating!

Gregori was lucky. They found some caves and one of them had a low level energy stone. Now he only needed to learn how to draw the array. He was so happy and stopped to hunt with the others.

In the evening, they weren’t separated from the girls. They set up their tents and ate dinner together. They sat around a campfire and spoke about the things they noticed during the day.

Belinda didn’t take part in it. She slowly drew her array and Gregori tried his best to memorize it. She didn’t know if his memory was that good, but he succeeded after his first try.

„I didn’t bring a 3rd tent so I hope it will work.” Gregori told to Belinda after they set up their tents.

„The array is perfect. Now everything depends on the crystal. Sorrowfully our levels are too low to see how much energy it has.” Belinda sighed. She got hers from Horác, so it couldn’t be a low one, but Gregori’s were different. Maybe it ran out of energy after some hours without any attack.

They didn’t go to the others. Belinda knew the boys evaded her after the first night event. She felt helpless, but it wasn’t her fault. At least this way she could go alone after Zotmund left. She went to sleep and had another peaceful night.

The next morning Belinda prepared herself before going out. She left the tent and slowly looked around. Broken trees and branches, destroyed and blew away tents, one of them even was on top of a tree. She watched the wet and dirty kids sitting in a circle and sighed.

  So this night it was a storm...

„Hey! You are finally out!” Gregori walked to her while he laughed. His clothes were wet, but he was in a better state than the others.

„... How long did it work?”

„It only broke in the last hour. Gladly it gave out a signal and I woke up. My tent was saved.”

„Okay, kids! Drink some energy shakes and we’ll continue our trip.” Zotmund walked out of the forest with the girls. Although they were protected their clothes were wet.

Belinda followed his instruction and drank one. They could buy these drinks at the cafeteria, so even if they didn’t sleep for 2-3 days it would be okay. They were still too young and used to sleep every night. Belinda once asked Horác about it. He said the longest time he was awake was a year, but he liked to sleep once in every month. It’s better for his brain to let it rest sometimes.

After breakfast, they continued their trip. The boys slowly adapted to the forest and their bloody smell was washed away the previous night. Ciceró and Gregori successfully hunted a beast and Kleon badly injured one.

Belinda wasn’t able to find any herbs because Zotmund collected all of them. He used them to coax to the angry girls. He protected them from the strong wind so they weren’t blown away like the boys, but they hated that they needed to wear wet clothes and couldn’t slept.

19