Chapter 71 – Summer (Part 2)
232 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, a carriage was prepared and waiting in front of the entrance to Iphelleta mansion.

“I installed a Gate in Lady Iris’s hand mirror--it enables frequent communication, using Magic, so there’s no need to worry so much.” Nainiae was explaining the Communication Magic to Iris.

After doing so, she quickly double-checked the contents of the Storage Bracelet. There were only items necessary for the trip--as well as quite a few of the glass vials that Iris had given her for the trip to Iffa Village; Iris had convinced her to load a lot of them in, Nainiae still wasn’t sure what they were for, and Sera’s giggling, and slightly envious look, confused her.

“We’re ready.” Nainiae said as she walked over and sat down on the driver’s seat.

“Well then, shall we get going?” I quickly opened the door to the carriage and sat withing.

Iris, Ian, and Sera were there to see us off. Perhaps it was because it was still early in the morning, but there were only the three of them here.

“In that case, please have a safe trip.” Ian gave up on protesting, and spoke, before blowing his nose on his handkerchief.

“Nainiae, you just need to do as you were taught.” Sera said to Nainiae, who was ready to depart, with a grin.

“Yes.” Nainiae nodded firmly, a refreshing smile spreading over her face.

Iris watched this, and then seemed to remember something, calling out to Nainiae, “Ah! Nainiae! Wait!”.

“...?”

Iris was holding something. She lightly stepped towards Nainiae and gave her something that was wrapped in fabric.

“What’s this?”

The object in the fabric felt thin and sturdy.

Nainiae wondered what it was, a question floating in her eyes, looking at Iris and tilted her head.

“I don’t know if you will like it, but I made it for you, to say please take good care of Riley during the vacation.” Iris smiled, covering her mouth with her hand, “It’s something Riley used to use--I fixed it a little. I wonder if it will look good on you.”

“It’s something that Young Master used to use?” Nainiae looked once at the gift, which she was curious about, and looked back into the carriage where I was waiting for departure.

She seems to have decided to open the gift later--and politely lowered her head to Iris, “Thank you, Lady Iris. I will work hard and make sure to properly serve Young Master.”

“Okay. Serve him well,” Iris winked at Nainiae as she stepped back from the carriage.

Nainiae looked confused, but waved to the three and started the carriage moving.

“Let’s see. According to the map, it will take about four days, without taking any rest…With hotels, and breaks, that is about a week…” She used simple Telekinesis Magic to make the map float up next to her as she drove the carriage.

“--Hey.”

While she was in the middle of driving the carriage and muttering to herself, I poked my head out the window behind her.

“Yes, Young Master?” She responded, though she kept her eye on the surroundings, only glancing at the map occasionally.

“Are you really going to drive all the way there? Can’t we just Teleport?” I asked, a mischievous grin pulling at my lips as I asked.

Nainiae looked back at me with these words, “Young Master, unfortunately, Teleportation is a Magic of the Seventh Circle, so I can’t use it. Among other problems, such as I don’t know the coordinates…”

“Is that so?”

Well, it did make sense, from her point of view.

“Well, good thing I know a Mage who can easily use Seventh Circle Magic.” I grinned at the slightly surprised Nainiae, “Well, if you go over the facts, as soon as the month changed--it became incredibly hot. It’s because of that rascal…she needs to take responsibility for it.”

“...?” Nainiae tilted her head in confusion.

“Take a left here.”

Without a word, she followed my orders and turned the carriage.

After a few seconds, she spoke, “Excuse me, Young Master…By any chance--”

This direction was familiar to Nainiae--it was a path that she had traveled only a day or two ago.

With a mischievous smile, I spoke to her, “After all, what else do you do with a friend?”

3