Chapter 3: First Mission
398 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Tokan POV)

Before stepping into the forest, the black haired twin called out to me, "Furoku-san, Ubayashiki-sama has relayed a message for you."

The white hair twin, " Furoku-san, you can take the test if you'd like or you can skip. But you must stay here for the 7 days. What would you like?"

(A/N I don't know their names pls tell me ;-;)

"First, how do you know me?" I asked.

"Urokodaki-san has sent a letter to Ubayashiki-sama." the black haired twin replied.

"Is that so? Then I guess he also wrote what I'm capable of in the letter. I'll still step into the forest, I want to hone my skills after all." I replied.

"Alright, you may enter. We will see you again in 7 days." They both said.

There seems to be more than there is to the twins. Well, forget it and let's explore.

It's been about 30 minutes and I've been walking around the forest when I heard,

[Water Breathing, Form, Surface Water Slash!]

It's Tanjiro-kun, he seems to be pretty tired.

"Hey Tanjiro-kun, are you okay?" I asked without a hint of sympathy for him.

"Oh hey Tokan-san, I'm fine. This demon was captured by Sakonji-san and survived from the Meiji Period to the Taisho Period." He said.

"Meiji to Taisho Period, unless that demon must've eaten a lot of humans." I said.

There was a sad aura around Tanjiro then he said, "Un, he's eaten every one of Sakonji-san's disciples that has came to take the final selection exam. Like Sabito, Makamo, and everyone else."

"You've met Sabito and Makamo too?" I asked.

"Yep, they helped me trained for a while before I came here. Wait, too? You've met them?" He asked with his eyes filled with surprised.

"Yep, they've too helped me train when Sakonji-san was busy. They were quite strong." I said.

Though I would never say Makamo made my heart flutter for a second before feeling a bit disappointed when I heard they've passed. (A/N: Makamo melts a but of the frost??)

"They've gone back to where they belong now, where Sakonji-san is. Let's go, we still have 6 days to survive." He said.

"Then we shall go." I said.

During the last 6 days, it was uneventful again. Though my emotions, there are barely any left. Father, how were you able to express those emotions of yours?

Tanjiro tried asking how to turn demons back to humans for Nezuko so I decided to help a little but it didn't work out as I killed all of them.

Soon, we were back to where we had started. There were 20 of us and now there were 5 of us, well 4 since I would've passed either way.

"If only I was strong enough, I could've helped him back then.", Tanjiro said with sadness in his eyes.

"Not everyone can be saved Tanjiro, no matter how strong one may be, in the end they are one person." I said.

The twins explained what will happen and the white haired twin clapped, soon kasugai crows landed on our shoulders, though mine seems a bit special. All seems to be going quite well when I saw what the scar faced boy was about to do. In a blink of an eye, I had appeared in front of him, defending the black haired twin.

"Hey! Get out of my-" before the scar faced boy could finish, the boy looked into your eyes. In his eyes, he saw an empty abyss, lifeless eyes, as if you were a dead person.

"Fine! You win this once!" he said radiating an aura of fear. Though no one could see except for 2 people, Tokan and the girl with a butterfly hairpin.

Thus, the twins started to resume and took off the cloth on the table revealing ores. The ores seemed to give off an aura similar to the Sun Blades or Nichirin Blades. It seems they will be forging our swords which I didn't need and were going to give us new uniforms which I needed.

Soon, Tanjiro and I had arrived at Sakonji-san's house.

"We're back Sankoj-" Before he could finish, he ran towards his sister and reunited. I saw something I never thought I'd see, Sakonji-san were hugging Tanjiro and Nezuko despite the age difference.

Before I could even rest, my crow said, "Tokan-sama,Tokan-sama, you are to head to South-East to assist in defeating a demon. Tokan-sama,Tokan-sama, you are to head to South-East to assist in defeating a demon."

"I get it, I get it. Don't need to repeat it. It seems like I can't join the reunion. We will meet again." I said.

"Be careful Tokan-san!" Tanjiro said waving goodbye.

"Stay alive Tokan." Sakonji-san said before turning around.

"My first mission, I hope it isn't dangerous."

And I jinxed it.

(A/N: TokanX(Girl)? give ideas and remember, though Tokan seems to be giving off some funny or humorous sentences, remember it doesn't give off any emotion, it is meaningless.)

(Author POV)

When Tokan arrived at the forest, the sun was already going down and her instincts were screaming danger. There stood a girl with pink hair which she thinks is the Love Hashira and another figure with autumn hair stood which gave off a powerful aura.

"Excuse me, I am Furoku Tokan, Rank Tsuki. I'm here to back you up." Tokan said.

(A/N Rank Tsuki, "One Above All", a rank higher than a hashira. yes i made it ;-;)

The Love Pillar's eyes widen before turning her attention back to the demon, "I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, Love Hashira, please call me Mitsuri and thank you for back up." MItsuri said smiling brightly.

Jeez, did the sun already rise?, "Are you alright Mitsuri-san?" Tokan asked.

"Yes I'm alright! Be careful! She's another upper demon 1 Tokan-chan!" Mitsuri said.

"Another? So there are more?" Tokan whispered to herself.

"Ara~Ara~ Has another one come to play? I'm Chiaki and let's play!" Chiaki said smiling manically.

[Autumn Breathing, Third Form! Falling Leaves!]

Mitsuri and Tokan looked up and saw multiple blades falling then,

[Love Breathing, Third Form! Catlove Shower!]

[Frost Breathing, Third Form! Snow's Reflex!]

They both launch into the air releasing powerful attacks and deflected the blades, "Let's go Tokan-chan!" They both charged releasing attacks,

[Frost Breathing, Second Form! Rapid Glaciers!]

[Love Breathing, First Form! Shivers of First Love!]

"Ara~Ara~ You guys are quite strong, I guess I'll have to go all out." Chiaki said smiling.

[Autumn Breathing, Second Form! Curved Fall!]

With a single motion, Chiaki was able to reflect both their attacks,

[Frost Breathing, Twelfth Form! Insight Of Snow!]

[Autumn Breathing, Third Form! Scattered Leaves!]

Tokan was able to dodge by seeing the future and leaping away before a series of attacks from all angles came at her, but Mitsuri was not so lucky. She received a deep gnash on both her arms and a deep cut on the right side of her stomach.

"Mitsuri-san!" Tokan said realizing she forgot that Mitsuri was there too.

"I'm fine Tokan-chan, I'll live." Mitsuri said before falling unconscious in her arms. Tokan placed her against a tree before rushing at the demon,

[Frost Breathing, Fourth Form! Snow in the Blizzard!]

[Autumn Breathing, First Form! Leaf Guidance!]

Their blades clashed into each other, making sparks.

"You're strong Tokan-chan~Why not turn into a demon?~You can become infinitely stronger with me~" Chiaki teased.

"I refuse." Tokan said bluntly staring into the demon's eyes.

"Those empty lifeless eyes of yours makes me want to make you mine~" Chiaki said.

(A/N: Yo? TokanXChiaki OC?)

Their clash went on for hours until dawn came, Tokan had cuts on her arms, legs, and body but they were nothing serious. Chiaki had cuts and deep gnashes but would always heal due to her demon regeneration abilities. Tokan was beyond tired and could barely lift her katana and move.

"It seems as I've played with you long enough~We will meet again~" Chiaki said.

Tokan realizing what she was about to do,

[Frost Breathing, Twelfth Form! Insight of Snow!]

[Autumn Breathing, Fourth Form! Leaf Bullet!]

Tokan was too late as she saw a blade piercing through her stomach. She was beginning to lose consciousness as she saw the demon leaving and taking her blade with her. The last thing she heard was.

"Tokan-chan!" Before falling onto the ground.

Everything was dark.

9