Chapter 23: Encounter
158 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tokan had received a mission last night to kill the demons near a forest. Though she didn't expect the demons to be the new lower rank demons. She thought it was quite strange, was this a plan to lure her out.

The lower demon with the 2 pointy horns swung his fist at her which she sliced before it got closer. Certainly they're not lower demons since their eyes don't have marks and yet they claim to be. Were they frauds? Well no matter.

[Frost Breathing, Second Form! Rapid Glaciers!]

In a blink of an eye, the demon's arms, legs, and head was severed. She sheathed her katana and went towards the second one but it's presence was no longer there. Strange.

She began to walk back when suddenly her instincts screamed danger and she dodged the fist that was about to hit her. She once again and unsheathed her katana and faced towards the demon. Black hair, red eyes with a slit, and a suit.

"You're reaction time is quite impressive to be able to dodge that." said Muzan with a little chuckle.

"Muzan, this was a bait wasn't it?" I asked.

"Of course, after all weak demons deserve to die. I planned to bait one of the demon slayers out but who would've thought a Hashira came." said Muzan.

She widened her eyes when a hand was suddenly in front of her face about to grab her. She dodged left but was met with a kick to her stomach and hit a tree. My ribs are a bit fractured but it'll work. Every mission I'm always the unlucky one.

"You're weak, just like your father. A family of hindrances jut like Yoriichi, pitiful. Now look at you, you're even weaker. At least your father awakened his mark but you? Weak, you're above Hashira level but you won't be able to leave a mark on me. How about you become my demon? I'll make you stronger." said Muzan.

"No, you murdered my family and now you want me to join you? You must be crazy, me joining you is a delusional dream." I said but I was wondering what he meant by awakened mark.

"I guess I'll have to kill you, it's a pity." said Muzan rushing in.

Tokan got in her stance and prepared against the incoming attack. But what she didn't expect was for 2 tentacles to suddenly pop out. She jumped to the right avoiding the attack but Muzan was a little bit faster. He changed the trajectory of the tentacles and aimed for her heart, she parried with her katana but was pushed a little back.

Since it was a narrow forest, she thought she had an advantage but.

"I wonder what's happening at the estate right now, baiting the strongest out. Who would defend him?" said Muzan with a smile.

She widened her eyes and immediately ran towards the mansion. She knew Muzan was going to get in her way so when he appeared in front of her, she loosened her body and zig zagged leaving mirages. She knew she had lost him.

She arrived at the village near the Love Estate and everything was a mess. Nezuko was clinging to a demon setting it on fire while Tanjiro was somehow pinned to the ground. She looked around and heard Tanjiro say fifth demon, find it, and kill.

Immediately she jumped on top of a tree and used her eyesight to look everywhere. She spotted Genya looking down and there was the small demon. She saw him chase him and aimed towards his neck but his blade broke. He was too small and his neck was strong.

I guess it's time for me to step in.

She landed right in front of Genya.

[Frost Breathing, First Form! Fractured Snow!]

As I was aiming towards his neck, a demon presence was detected was behind me. In the air her instincts told her.

"Tokan-san! Watch out!" yelled Tanjiro.

"I can't shoot!" yelled Genya.

"Don't need help." I muttered.

She was about to cut but they were suddenly taken away by another demon. She looked over and saw the demon devouring the other demons. Strange.

Splitting up it's parts then combining it making it's main body. It's aura seems quite dangerous since Tanjiro's breathing got a little ragged.

"You evil." muttered the demon.

"Why are we-" I cut off Tanjiro before he could answer.

"Let's get started already." I said.

6