Chapter 24: Purple Skies
150 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tree dragon suddenly grew another pair and aimed towards us.

"Tanjiro, split up." I said.

Without any time to reply at all, the attack was close. I was able able to dodge it while Tanjiro's luck ran out a bit early. He was getting crushed by an attack the tree made, I moving my katana but suddenly it wouldn't move. I looked over and my katana's blade was being bitten by smaller tree dragon heads.

"Filthy mouth, get it off my blade." I said using First Form to cut off it's head. I was about to save him but a certain voice was heard in the sky.

"Sorry for being late! Good thing I made it in time." said Mitsuri carrying Tanjiro.

"You took your pranks too far! I'm going to take Nezuko-chan and Genya-kun back right now!" exclaimed Mitsuri.

"W-wait, upper demon 4." muttered Tanjiro.

This was the upper demon 4, it's weaker than Chiaki and Akaza but it's tree dragon is annoying.

"Oh hey Tokan-chan!! I didn't see you there." said Mitsuri.

"Focus on the demon." I said and she turned her attention towards the upper demon.

"Shut your mouth, harlot. I only take orders from one person." said the upper moon.

Mitsuri looked shocked for a second and I could guess what she was thinking.

"He doesn't mean you're the harlot, just focus on the battle." I said.

In times like this, I couldn't help but get a little headache. Mitsuri was always careless in many different ways. Suddenly an attack was aimed towards Mitsuri.

[Frost Breathing, Second Form! Rapid Glaciers!]

Cutting the attack off. An attack using lightning bolts, it was interesting.

"Now I'm mad! You made Tokan-chan defend me! You may look like a kid but that's still unforgivable!" said Mitsuri. The demon is hundreds of years old you know?

Mitsuri's love sword is extremely thin and soft. Her techniques are on par with mines. In addition, because of the strong suppleness of her sword. The softness of her feminine muscles and the mobility of her joints allow her to build up speed. Which means not only is the sword extremely hard to handle, but also very easy to cut with. A sword only Mitsuri Kanroji can wield.

[Breath of Love, Second Form! Anguish Inducing Love!]

she defending an attack but was met with another one.

[Sixth Form! Kitty Paw Love Freeze!]

She's keeping up with the demon's speed but the demon looks like it's up to something. It's time for me to step in.

[Blood Demon Technique! Karmic Wood of Avici!]

a wide ranged attack and Mitsuri looked like she was struggling.

I jumped appearing right next to Mitsuri.

"Relax, I got this." I said.

[Eighth Form! Turbulent Freeze!]

I released quick and ranged slashes defending the attack.

I looked over to Mitsuri who was launching an attack towards the demon.

"That's not his real body!" yelled Tanjiro.

[Maddening Screech!]

The demon released an attack and Mitsuri was suddenly knocked out. The demon was mid punch in.

I wanted to protect Mitsuri, I was close. I was almost there, my desperateness to protect Mitsuri overflowed my emotions. After everything she's done for me I couldn't let her die right now, not until I repay her for everything she's done for me. I needed to save her I yelled to myself.

Suddenly the sky turned purple, everything slowed, it looked like time stopped and I was the only one able to move. Not wasting any time I ran towards the demon and performed First Form cutting the arm off. Then everything seemed to go back to normal, it was night time, and time started flowing.

"Kanroji-san! Tokan-san!" yelled Tanjiro.

The demon jumped back and I stood in front of Mitsuri.

"Tokan-san. You're face..." said Tanjiro while Genya appeared and stared in shock.

I was confused then looked at the reflection of my blade. I had marks from my neck and marks that covered half of my face. Was this what Muzan meant by awakened? I awakened it because of my desire to save Mitsuri? This wasn't the time to think.

I put Mitsuri's body next to Tanjiro and told him to take care of her.

"Now then, upper demon. Let's get started." I said.

I felt strong, everything inside me was blazing yet at the same time I felt coldness in my heart.

"I won't lose to evil! I won't let my friends die!" yelled the wakened Mitsuri.

"If so, then let's attack together. Worry about my face later." I said receiving nods from them.

We charged towards the demon and the tree dragon suddenly became a bit slower. Was it because it started getting weaker or I was stronger? I didn't care. We attacked and defending against the attacks. We searched for the main body desperately not trying to fall off the fake body.

"Quickly slice it's main body!" yelled Tanjiro.

[Dance of the Fire God! Fire Waltz!]

"Go!" yelled Genya.

"He's gone." said Tanjiro.

In the corner of my eyesight, I saw a small demon running away.

[Frost Breathing, Fourth Form! Snow In The Blizzard!]

Loosening my body, I sprinted towards the demon. Suddenly it grew and grabbed me by the neck. It's grip was strong, Nezuko set the demon on fire, Tanjiro had his katana in his neck but was launched back, Genya couldn't do anything.

[Second Form! Rapid Glaciers!]

I managed to slice off his arms but he was a little bit faster and threw me against the tree. His regeneration was slower and I knew it.

"You won't escape, I'll chase you forever." I muttered.

[Eleventh Form, Transparent Snow!]

My katana's blade turned transparent and once again. The sky turned purple, time didn't stop but it seemed to have slowed. I ran towards it while recovering my breathing.

[Frost Breathing, First Form! Fractured Snow!]

I severed his neck and it rolled on the ground. It took a toll on me so I fell on my knees. My consciousness was slowly slipping away due to lack of energy, my lungs started hurting, my body started hurting, and everything hurt.

Before I passed out, I heard the screaming of my name and Nezuko's name.

The last thing I saw was Nezuko standing in the sun.

5