Chapter 36: Epilogue
226 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wake up Tokan!" yelled Shinobu.

"What is it?" I groaned.

"Did you forget? Today's our wedding idiot, if you tell me you actually forgot. I'll slap you." said Shinobu.

"Of course not, I just had a dream." I replied.

"What was that dream about?" asked Shinobu.

I thought for a moment before answering, "Memories."

"That doesn't tell me anything." said Shinobu.

"Hehe, I'll tell you one day. We need to get ready for our wedding." I said planting a quick kiss on the lips to Shinobu.

"Ew, you didn't even brush your teeth yet." said Shinobu.

"Shut up, I'm going to get ready." I said.

"Hurry up!" replied Shinobu.

"Yes ma'am! I love you!" I said before entering the bathroom.

"I love you too!" said Shinobu.

I started getting ready.

It's been about 3 years after our last battle, some lives were lost, and some lives were saved. Luckily, all of the pillar's were alive but was heavily injured. 

Shinobu and I got engaged last month and today was our wedding. Ever since I got my emotions back, I couldn't use breathing anymore. It was fine though, the world was now peaceful.

"What's taking you so long Tokan?" asked Shinobu.

"Coming!" I replied.

I quickly put on some clothes and headed where Shinobu was.

"So Mitsuri is going to do your make up first then she'll do mines." said Shinobu.

"Alright, do you know where she is?" I asked.

"She's currently waiting for us in her estate right now. And remember not to peek at me until I finish, I want our appearances to be unknown until we're on stage." said Shinobu.

"Sure, that's fine with me." I replied

We made our way towards Mitsuri's estate.

Our hands were intertwined in the comfortable silence, even after all these years. I still can't contain my blush whenever I hold her hand. Her dark and purple hair was flowing as the wind breezed at us.

Her purple eyes were something I would always get lost in, it was shining brightly unlike the first time I met her.

"You're staring too much." said Shinobu.

"I can't help it, you're too pretty." I replied.

"You should watch what you say or else you'll regret it." said Shinobu whispering into my ears.

I was red, beet red. In our relationship, Shinobu was probably the man and I was the wife but we never acted like it. We could be both I guess, there isn't anything specific.

Soon enough, we arrived at Mitsuri's estate. We knocked on the door revealing Mitsuri and Obanai, they were so cute together. 

That's when it hit me, Shinobu and I were going to get married in a couple hours, I was going to be redder than a tomato.

I wasn't lying, right now I was red as a tomato. 

Shinobu had a wedding dress on that fitted her perfectly, her hair was braided perfectly, and the veil covered her purple eyes.

I was dressed in a suit like a boy since Mitsuri thought it would look better, I gave in since there was no point in arguing with her.

We made our way to each other and I was a nervous wreck.

We held each other's arms and waited for the person to start the speech.

The man was Senjuro, he grew up to me just like Kyojuro. 

He finished his speech and we did our vows.

"Kiss flaboyantly!" yelled Tengen,

"Don't make it disgusting." said Sanemi.

"Congratulations." said Genya.

"I'm happy for you." said Muichiro.

"Ahh, you guys look so cute together." exclaimed Mitsuri.

"I still hate you." said Iguro.

"The cuteness in this is making me cry." said Gyomei.

We both laughed at their antics.

I lifted her veil and there revealed her purple eyes.

"I love you Shinobu."

"I love you too Tokan."

And just like that, we kissed, making us officially married.

Cheers and claps were heard all over the crowd.

In the corner of my eyes, 

I saw Tanjiro with Kanao, Inosuke and Aoi, and Zenitsu with Nezuko.

It was funny on how they were trying to hide from the hashira's teasing.

 

Just like that, one journey ended, and a new journey started. 

8