Chapter 16 – How Could I Forget You?
774 2 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the first of the newly scheduled chapter posts. From now on, all posts for this novel will be on Wednesday morning.

*****

 

Coral slowly opened her eyes. She felt an arm around her middle, and began to panic. As soon as she started to move, she heard a familiar murmur.

“Good morning, Corrie.” Connie said sleepily. Coral relaxed, but she also began to blush.

“Did we…” Coral heard a soft chuckle.

“Little kitten, you don’t remember how you shredded my shirt?” Coral blushed brighter, but the arm that held her around the middle loosened a bit. She felt a bit of distance grow, and was pushed onto her back. Before she could react, she had her lips covered by gentle soft ones.

“Come on. It’s time for some exercise.” Connie smiled warmly, and rolled out of bed. When Coral saw that she was completely nude, she remembered exactly what she did, and how intense she became.

“She didn’t seem to mind me doing that last night.” Coral licked her lips. “She was delicious too.” Though she felt a little bit of panic, due to her history and the residual captive energies of the book, her original unhindered personality began to sit up and take control more often.

Last night, when she ripped apart the shirt in the way of her goal, she had revealed just a small part of her normally intense personality. As their relationship became more stable, Connie would find out what kind of woman she was attracted to.

How could anyone know that timid little mouse was actually a fierce lioness, with a very healthy appetite for the vicious and protective tigress named Connie?

 

*****

 

Before Coral appeared in her workout clothes, Connie bent over and stretched her hamstrings, only to feel a firm slap on her bottom.

“Hey!” She stood up and looked around. She frowned. There was no one there. She heard a soft chuckle at her ear and warm lips suck softly on her earlobe.

“You were divine last night, Connie.” She whispered in her ear. She then laid her lips over Connie’s and stole her breath away. Her invisible tongue parted her lips and tasted her quickly.

“I’m still too weak, but tonight, I will have my meal.” She chuckled again and vanished from the room. Connie held herself about the middle and huffed a few times before she got her breathing under control.

“Between you and the kitten, I’m going to be one tired lady.” Connie whispered, but smiled shyly. She didn’t mind being the object of affection for these two attractive, and aggressive women.

The only real problem was how to rescue Talia from the clutches of her overwritten fate. She growled and bared her teeth.

“Never letting go.”

 

*****

 

“Trends for houses right now are thick carpet, dark wood, and heavy drapes. In the near future, dark woods will be replaced by lighter hardwood like oak, carpet will still be common, but the heavy drapes can be a problem.” Connie said as she looked around.

“Why is that?” Coral didn’t look confused. She just wanted to clarify the reason why it could be a problem.

“Drapes block out the light. Notice how dark this house is?” Coral nodded. “Now, just move these to the side and tie them back. How does it look now?” Coral frowned.

“Even with the drapes open, it still looks dark. Why is that?”

“Dark tones of furniture, solid colors that aren’t bright, dark drapes, thick liners for those drapes, and dark carpets. People use dark carpets to hide dirt, or stains. I don’t like that idea. It’s better to have a steam cleaner then have dirty dark carpets. We should go with a ceramic tile in the kitchen too. Although, linoleum is probably common right now. Hm. Let’s go to the local hardware store and see if anyone has stock.” Connie looked down. Coral had picked up her hand and now led her to the car.

‘It happened so fast. How did she manage to wiggle into my life like this?’ Connie couldn’t help but blush.

That fierce little kitten had staked her claim.

 

*****

 

“That was more productive then I imagined.” Connie said with a grin. She ordered coffee for herself, and let Coral step up.

“I was surprised as well. I didn’t know they could get all you asked for. Light oak trim, cabinets, soft carpet, and high quality paint so that the buyer could easily wash the walls during Spring cleaning. Why did you ask for that?” Coral asked with a slight frown.

“Corrie, tell the lady what you’d like to drink. Did you want some pie today?” Connie urged her. Coral blinked, then grinned.

“I’ll drink the tea you like so much. Maybe apple pie?” Coral said with a slight look of concern. Connie nodded.

“Tea, along with my coffee, and a slice of apple pie.” The waitress was the one that had looked at Coral in disdain last time, and now she looked like she had a mouth full of shit. Coral was well dressed, and looked much healthier.

“Coming right up!” She turned away, and groaned. It was obvious that the girl had found someone to take care of her, and that someone was the tall woman in front of her. She watched as Connie took the drinks and plate with the pie back to the table, then pulled out Coral’s chair.

“What’s wrong?” Her coworker came up to her as she saw the look in her eyes.

“See that tall woman? She pulled out the younger woman’s chair for her.” The waitress said, and pressed her lips together. She looked a bit jealous.

“Really? I can’t get my man to do anything like that for me!” Her coworker said.

“I know. I have rotten luck with guys. Maybe I should have looked at the fairer sex a bit closer.” She said it softly, but she didn’t really believe her own words.

She had never considered it before, and she had only ever looked at men. No matter how kind and gentle the woman treated her female partner, how could she stack up to a man in the end?

 

*****

 

“We still have a lot of work to do, Corrie. Are you still up for it?” Coral nodded eagerly, then put a forkful of the pie into her mouth. She smiled as she tasted it.

“Thanks for buying this for me.” Coral said with a happy smile.

“Simple things, Corrie. Right now, I treat you. Later, when our business grows, you’ll be able to treat me once in a while too.” Connie said with a soft smile. Coral blushed and realized what she had said. Our business.

“Our business?” She asked in a slightly high pitch.

“Of course.” She handed Coral a new business card. “I had these ordered. Coral dropped the fork, and put her hand over her mouth. Tears formed in her eyes.

“Talcor Real Estate.” Coral said in a whisper.

“Yes. The first part of my name, and the first part of yours. We are partners, aren’t we?” The soft seductive look in her eyes made Coral weak in the middle, and she quickly dashed away her tears. Of course, Coral wasn’t a soft little peach anymore.

“Partners. Don’t forget, you belong to me. I will never let you go.” Coral said with a wicked look in her eyes. A wickedly hungry look. She watched as Connie’s eyes widened a little bit, and all of Connie’s confidence that she flaunted regularly just seemed to evaporate.

“Looks like I’m interrupting something important.” Connie felt her middle flex madly. She turned her head slowly, and looked up.

“Ginger.” She whispered. That’s right. She forgot most of the plot of that horrible book had focused on Coral and the boss. It wasn’t a love triangle, with herself, the female lead and male lead. She was, at best, a supporting side character who took the worst of the punishment at the end.

Ginger was another side character, but Talia’s memory of her was quite vivid. Now she could feel Talia’s own emotions, and how they bound both Coral and Ginger to herself. This wasn’t the fate of the book. This was Talia’s unbridled desire released.

“I see you remember me.” Ginger put on her lips a familiar small smile that sent shivers deep within her soul. Ginger was a tall natural redhead, with a really nice figure, sparkling hazel eyes, and lovely plump lips.

“How could I ever forget you?”

 

42