Like the Moon Flower, I can only bloom for you, the moon.
113 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three nodded and walked inside to the main pavilion. There, they were greeted by the beautiful sight of blossoming peonies and orchids while lovely disciples from the peak danced around looking like fairies.

In all honesty, ‘flower-viewing’ in Xian-Nu Peak wasn’t just for viewing actual flowers. Some disciples did want to have families and meet young men from other peaks, or take a break from cultivating. Their peak lord was generous and had made arrangements for her disciples to relax and find ways to join their hands with handsome, noble young men from other peaks.

Sun Quan looked around, dazed. He had never seen a sight so beautiful in his life. As a servant, Sun Quan had never really been invited to parties, and even if he was, he usually had to stay outside with the other servants, not joining in the festivities.

Sun Wu smiled warmly at him, as if knowing what was going through in his mind.

“Sun Quan, just relax today and have fun,” said Sun Wu, kindly. “You work hard every day cooking, cleaning and cultivating, so consider this a day off. If you see a girl you fancy, you can also…”

Sun Quan lifted a hand and shook his head.

“I just want to eat some interesting food, that’s all,” he said, his glance darting around the cakes and pastries. He had never tried those before, but perhaps after tasting them he could replicate them and start making and selling pastries to make some money for the peak. “Those over there, what are those?”

“They’re Moon Flower Cakes. Made from the sweetest honey and petals of Moon Flower which only blooms five times a year, to the brightest moonlight. Husband, do you want me to fetch you some?”

“Yes, please—huuuuuuuuh!?” Sun Quan stopped short and jumped away from the handsome youth who had suddenly appeared beside him. “You! Who are you calling husband!?”

“You, of course,” said Xin Chen, his stoic expression never changing once. “Like the Moon Flower, I can only bloom for you, the moon.”

Sun Quan felt a shiver go up his spine.

“Don’t say such embarrassing things!” he rebuked, flicking a palm at the handsome youth again. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I’m here to protect you from hungry wolves,” said Xin Chen, seriously. “Sun-shixiong, I’ll never let anyone pluck you, my beautiful husband…”

Sun Wu laughed and shook his head. “Ah, well, I guess we’ll just have to leave these two lovebirds to themselves. Sun Ying ah, shifu here will be going to look for Old Xin and the others to have a chat. You can wander around if you like, but remember to keep a low profile.”

Sun Ying nodded, and like his master, he left the two who were flirting so openly behind. Bored, he went away to try some snacks out – perhaps he could find some herbal chicken here? They might serve a different variety than the ones from his peak.

While he was poking around, a very beautiful girl who looked like a dainty fairy from the clouds floated in front of him to block his way. She smiled at him and spoke.

“This sister is…?”

“Sun Ying… Ying,” he managed to spit out the extra ‘Ying’ after much force.

“YingYing, was it?” smiled the girl, looking Sun Ying up and down with her beautiful eyes. In her eyes were reflected the light of one thousand stars. “YingYing ah, you look like you’re looking for something. If there’s something big sister here can help you with, I’m willing to.”

Sun Ying was a man of few desires.

“I’m looking for herbal chicken.”

 

~*~

 

The herbal chicken in this peak was alright. Like the brats had mentioned, they didn’t cook meat very well, in all honesty – Sun Quan’s version was still top class. Even his pill was tasty. Aside from having to look like a woman for four hours, Sun Ying had no other regrets swallowing it.

Xian Lingli, the beautiful girl who looked like a fairy, had brought him inside a lavishly decorated private room and bade the servants bring them a dish of herbal chicken. The more she watched ‘Sun YingYing’ gobble it down, the more her eyes shone.

“YingYing ah,” she cooed. “Do you want more chicken?”

Sun Ying wiped his mouth and stood up to go. “No, thanks. I’m full. Thanks for the chicken, Xian-shijie.”

“Eh, are you going already?” called Xian Lingli. “YingYing, stay for a bit. Let shijie play with you. I’ll call the others so we can have a game, alright?”

Sun Ying sighed, but it wasn’t right to just go after eating. He still had a little more than an hour left before he turned back into a man anyway.

“I suppose I can keep you company for a while,” said Sun Ying, seating himself down again roughly. “So what game are we playing?”

Xian Lingli smiled an orchid-like smile and raised her voice to call her disciple sisters, her voice like a bird’s. Immediately, a bevy of beauties appeared before her and cooed, drawing the curtains and locking the door.

Shimei ah,” Xian Lingli sang. “Tonight we’re going to play a game only girls can play.”

The girls giggled and encircled the tall, muscly girl.

Shimeeeeeeeeeei…”

Sun Ying’s pupils shrunk.

“You—! What are you——where are you——ah, ah, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

~*~

 

“So, Sun Ying, did you manage to eat anything good?”

When Sun Wu and Sun Quan found him, Sun Ying had already turned back into a man. He was crouched under a table and looking furtively around. From the looks of things, he had barely escaped with his life. Hurrying to join the two, he left the crowded peak safely behind.

“You look like you’ve just seen a ghost,” remarked Sun Quan. “What happened?”

“I’ve seen something scarier,” replied Sun Ying. “A shijie!”

Announcement
Please check out my latest series, Douya and the Golden Scroll!

The formatting is different. It's in dialog format.

Going onward, I'll be using more experimental forms in my work.

5