Chapter 3: Hell part 1
236 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate awoke for the second time in a... day? He did not know how much time has passed since his meeting with the Elder. He felt his body shudder as he thought about the Elder. That man had power hundreds of times more potent than any god he knew. His claim about being the creator of this universe was not an unbacked one. Currently, he is in a line headed towards a pair of large beautifully ornamented doors. Strangely, everything in this place had no colour other than shades of grey. Only the other spirits, the floating blobs that were in the line with him, had colour. Albeit dull and dim colours but colours non the less. The line he was in was not the only line here, there were dozens of lines heading to random places other than the doors Fate was headed to. 

' I can't control my own body. *Sigh*'

Fate wanted to break free from this line, however, try as he might, he simply could not. It was as if those doors had its own gravitational field which pulled Fate towards them. 

Some unknown amount of time later, he finally made it to the doors and was let in.

Heat.

That was the first time he felt anything, scorching heat. He has not felt any heat since he turned into a god. It seemed that he had truly died. He felt the despair of having died crashing down onto his already exhausted mind.

' No. I will not give up. There are multiple ways to gain godhood. I just need to reach godhood again. I have done it once; I can do it again.'

For the first time, he concentrated onto 'looking' around. The act of looking was weird enough. Since he had the shape of a ball, he had a 360-degree view of the world around him. He could not see himself, but he could see everything surrounding him. The floor was red and covered in small stones and gravel. The doors were still behind him, he was now in a sort of tunnel leading out to what seemed like a vast field of fire and... an airport security gate?

Seeing as he had nowhere else to go but to the security gate, he slowly floated in the field of fire. The fires were not scorching him, however they were uncomfortably warm, like when you are covered in blankets without air conditioning.

Shortly after entering the fires, his body changed its shape back to his previous appearance.

' My limbs are back!?'

Naturally he was naked but this did not bother him in the slightest. He immediately bounded towards the security gates. There, grey spirits with humanoid bodies worked, apparently checking other souls.

" Hey! I am a former god, let where does is this place and how do I leave. Tell me and I will reward you when I return to my position as a god."

The female spirit he was talking to took a look at him, sniffed and said.

" Nah, you are no god. How can a god smell so bad? This is hell, and you have come to the right place mister evil spirit. Cerous! Bring him over to the gate."

Fate immediately, sprinted away from where he stood in a general direction, away from the gates.

No way am I going to let myself be dragged into hell. '

Fate did not stop running, not until he reached a wall. Or rather, what seemed to be a large office building.

Hesitating slightly, Fate decided to enter the building through one of the multiple doors on the bottom floor. He was tired after all. He had run for a very long time. He stepped into an office as he had expected to. There was a work desk and a... 

" Computer!"

Without wasting another second, sat down on the stool that was there and looked at the computer. 

" Yes! I can access it. I should be able to use this to reincarnate. I wonder if I can choose what body I want to reincarnate into."

On the computer he so multiple windows open, there seemed to be many files and graphic designing websites on. 

He closed all of them and started scouring the computer for anything that has to do with reincarnation.

" Huh? The did I not close the door before leaving."

A man in casual clothes walked into the office Fate was in and stared at Fate who equally stared at him. Fate smiled as he thought of a plan.

" Come little spirit, I am the former God of Fate. Come here and help me reincarnate into a world. I will reward you when I return to godhood."

4