Chapter 45 – New Slave
838 23 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing breakfast, Roxanne and I Warped to Vale’s Adventurer’s Guild.

We had a lot to sell--making much more gold than I had made in the 10 days that I was saving up for Roxanne; the Quratar’s Dungeon allowed our income to drastically increase, well, we did also make it to the 9th floor.

I quickly store the gold coins in my Ring, putting the silver and copper coins into drawstring bag.

“Let’s go.”

“Yes, master.”

None of the Adventurer’s Guild staff commented on the amount of money involved in the trade, they also didn’t seem surprised; which was probably because they would be used to dealing with Adventurers with high incomes--as well as newbies.

Leaving the Adventurer’s Guild, I had my first walk through Vale in a long time, of course, there haven’t been any major changes.

When Roxanne and I arrived in front of the Slave Trader’s, we quickly spoke to the apprentice in front of the building.

“This way, please.” Then man went into the building for a few seconds--before coming back out to lead Roxanne and I.

We were lead to the back room.

I wonder why?

When I came here for the first time, this is the room that I was taken to when I went to sell the thief; maybe they thought that I came here to sell Roxanne.

I sat down, but Roxanne remained standing behind me.

“You’re still standing?”

“Yes, master. I think that it gives a better impression.” Her tone was strangely respectful.

I nodded to her, leaving her to do whatever she planned.

“Welcome, Alex.” Alan came into the room a few minutes later.

A female employee, in a maid dress, politely knocked on the door. After waiting for permission, she entered with two cups of tea.

“Roxanne has been doing very well. You’ve sold me a great warrior, and you have my gratitude.” I made sure to word it in such a way that he knew that I wasn’t planning on selling Roxanne.

“That’s great.” Alan responds with a nod and grin.

“Since Roxanne has worked out so well, I’m thinking about buying another slave of a similar calibre.”

“I understand.”

“Is it possible to purchase a Master Blacksmith?”

“Well, it isn’t impossible, but it’s quite…difficult.”

It would probably be difficult, since I’m asking for a specific Class.

“I understand.”

“Master Blacksmith is very difficult to get mainly because Dwarves who get enslaved are forced to change their Classes, so that someone can’t just buy a large number of people able to enchant equipment and flood the market…the Class change is also done through a special Dwarven Temple, which locks the Class; the owner would then have to pay a lot, and get a special license, to change the Class to Master Blacksmith.”

“So, there are no Master Blacksmith slaves?”

“Well, it isn’t like there aren’t any…but they sell at an increased price.”

“I see.”

“How about a normal Dwarf, one who isn’t a Master Blacksmith? They may be useful as a vanguard.”

It’s still worth trying, especially because I have a Special Skill that allows me to change the Class of my Party Members. And, while I can only use it while in a party, the changed Class stays set, I learned this through experiments with Roxanne.

“Dwarves make good vanguards because they are one of the strongest races.” Alan said.

“I see.”

Roxanne had told me some of this, she also told me that not only did that apply to Status values, but in practise as well; they could utilize more of their strength.

“However, we only have one Dwarf here at the moment. Unfortunately, I don’t think, based on her personality, that she’s cut out to be a fighter.”

“Oh, that’s too bad.”

“I can write a letter to introduce you to other shops. Why not try some of those--check if they have a good Dwarf.”

“You don’t mind it I go to your competition?”

“It’s fine.” He grinned, “This business doesn’t really lack purchasers--what I really need is people selling merchandise to me. Shops that are stocked in different regions aren’t really competitors, we even help each other out when it’s needed.”

“I’ll introduce to a business that I’m close to, in the Imperial Capital, though--they may be low on stock as well.”

“Why?”

“There are two seasons that the slave trade declines during: Winter and Spring.”

“Ahh, I see.”

“Even if they don’t have a Dwarf, they might still have a good vanguard for sale.”

“Alright, I will take a look.”

“I’d appreciate that.”

“Oh, I’d still like to see your Dwarf as well.” I said to Alan.

“She just arrived recently. But, her memory is good, and she not only knows Common and Dwarfish, she also learned Brahim--but the rest of her education is lacking.”

Hmm?

He seems slight flustered, his response is hurried.

Alan warned me, and then left to prepare.

When he left the room, I gestured for Roxanne to sit down next to me, and passed her the tea that I hadn’t even touched.

“Do you have any specific requests?” I ask her.

“I think it’ll be fine if they are to your liking, master.” Roxanne looked at me with trust in her large eyes.

The Slave Dealer returns soon after, followed by a quiet knocking on the door.

“Enter.” Alan looks over, with a slightly troubled look.

“The preparations are complete.” Another female employee, also dressed like a maid, peers in.

“Bring her in.”

“Yes.”

After hearing Alan’s order, the woman brings a girl into the room.

It’s a short girl, the top of her head only reaches the woman’s chest.

The girl is probably around 4ft 5in.

Name: Sherry

Age: 15

Sex: Female

Class: Explorer

Level: 10

Oh?

She is a year older than Roxanne, but looks about 2 or so years younger. Well, height wise, but her body-shape is mature.

Obviously, she’s small because she’s a Dwarf.

Unlike the Dwarves from Earth, her body is well-proportioned. Although she is thin and petite, her hips flair nicely, her chest is well-developed. Her face is very cute.

Her hair is a strange shade of purple--and quite thick, slightly puffy; she has it cut in a bob, ending at her petite shoulders.

She has a cute face, with a small nose, big eyes, and rather full lips.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Sherry is the only Dwarf here at the moment. Sherry, come here.” Alan explains, before gesturing to the Dwarven girl.

“Okay.” Sherry responds in a polite tone, before sitting next to the Slave Dealer, on the couch in front of me.

Not only is she a Dwarf, she’s a beautiful girl--strangely, I don’t feel the almost consuming desire I had when I saw Roxanne for the first time…it makes me wonder if that desire was completely natural.

However, her feeling of obedience gives a good impression.

“Are you fine with going into the Dungeon?” I ask her.

“Yes. I’ll happily go to the Dungeon when possible.”

“I see.”

I had to ask her about it, but she doesn’t seem worried about fighting in the Dungeon--I wonder what the Slave Dealer meant about her making a bad vanguard.

“Umm…” Sherry is hesitating to say something, looking over at Alan--who nods to her.

“Yes?” Now I am curious.

“I’m a level 10 Explorer.” She paused, seeming to gather her courage, “It’s only until level 10 in the Explorer Class that a Dwarf can get the Master Blacksmith Class--however, not all Dwarves can become one.”

“So, since you didn’t get the Class; you can’t now?”

“...Yes.” Sherry looks down at my question.

Having a Dwarf as a vanguard isn’t a problem, but I did want a Master Blacksmith.

“Can I ask a question?”

“Yes, please do.” Sherry looks up again.

Her face is cute.

It would be a shame to decline her just because she doesn’t have the Master Blacksmith Class. Again, I am not sure if Set Party-Members Class will work.

“If you don’t become a Master Blacksmith before Explorer Lv10, is it completely impossible? I’m also wondering if there are other conditions.”

“I…I don’t know.” Sherry looks at me, before tilting her head.

Well, even if she doesn’t obtain Master Blacksmith after I buy her, I do have room for more party members. But, even the chance that she can get the Class means that it’s worth taking the risk.

“I was one of the strongest people in my village, I can show you--in the Dungeon.” Sherry bows.

Hmm, I wonder why she is promoting herself suddenly--is it the Slave Trader’s orders?

“Is that enough?” Alan asks me.

“Yes.”

When I nod, Alan gestures to Sherry and the two of them leave the room.

“Do you think it will be alright?” I turn and ask Roxanne.

“I think that her condition is good.”

“What condition? Her ability to enter the Dungeon?”

“Well, she spoke about the Dungeon to promote herself, I was like that as well.”

“So, you think she is promising?”

It was only after asking this that I realized that Alan had left the room to give me the chance to consult with Roxanne.

“Yes, even if she doesn’t know much yet, or seem to have talent, she displays the resolution needed for training.”

“Yeah, I agree.”

“However, might not last long, but if the price is low, she isn’t a bad choice.”

Roxanne said some strange words.

“She might not last long?”

“Well, she might be quite old, so you may want to check her age.”

Author’s Note:

I decided to keep Dwarven ages indicated by ear length--but there are rare mutations like Sherry. But the use of the Intelligence Card shows the truth; but if the Slave Dealer wants to get rid of a slave (for any reason. In the case of Alan, it’s because he owes a favour to the people who sold her (which is backstory that I may or may not include)) the Slave Dealer can lower the price if the Dwarf has the Long-Ear Mutation.

“Oh?”

Appraisal showed that Sherry is only 15, a year older than Roxanne.

“As a Dwarf ages, their ears increase in length--and she had ears almost as long as an Elf…so it’s possible that she is old.”

Roxanne noticed that I looked confused, so she explained.

Well, Roxanne did once tell me that different races show their ages differently.

Even the virtually-immortal Elves show age. Though they have an optimal lifespan of tens-hundreds of thousands of years, the lighter the shade of their hair, the older they are. They all have black hair until they are twenty, and pure white hair when they reach one-thousand--other than that, the Intelligence Card is important.

“Ahh, I see.” I grin at Roxanne, gently stroking her fluffy ears, “Don’t worry, she is 15.”

A few minutes later, the Slave Trader returns, along with the woman who brought Sherry here.

“Master, may I speak to that woman for a bit? I’m indebted to her, since she looked after me when I was here.” Roxanne looks up at me.

“Sure, that’s fine.”

Roxanne nods to me, and Roxanne leaves with the woman.

Alan sits down on the couch opposite me, “So, what do you think?”

“Depending on the price, she might be alright.”

“I see. Sherry is 15 years old, and even though she isn’t a Master Blacksmith--she has agreed to become a sex slave.”

I wonder why all girls seem to agree to that?

Then again, it would usually be safer to be a sex slave than a combat slave--which would usually be the case; however, I want them for both, so maybe it’s not because of that.

“Is that so?”

“I don’t know how much you know about the other races, Alex. Sherry has the Long-Ear Mutation, which is usually the feature of an old Dwarf--it can also indicate that there is Elf blood in her family somewhere. I will be lowering the price because of that, and she will be quite affordable.”

That’s surprisingly honest.

Then again, the most important thing for a merchant is trust.

“I understand.”

“Yeah, so I will sell her for around 20 gold coins.”

That’s almost half of what I bought Roxanne for.

Well, that’s fairly cheap.

“Alright.”

With this I complete the deal.

I quickly take out 20 gold coins, and paid for Sherry.

“Really? That’s good then.” Alan responded with a grin.

Receiving the money, Alan leaves the room and soon returns, “Come here, Sherry.”

Sherry walks over from behind Alan, she bows, “Please look after me.”

“Of course.”

“I’m Roxanne, master’s slave.” Roxanne nods to her with a welcoming smile.

“You were a slave after all? I thought that you may be his wife?” Sherry seems surprised.

I notice that the leather armour that Roxanne is wearing, hides the gem on her Slave Collar, so it would have looked like she is wearing a leather choker.

“I was mistaken because your cloths are so nice, you look very healthy.” Sherry speaks up.

“It’s because master is a wonderful person. You won’t have to worry about food, clothing or shelter.”

After this quick discussion, we carry out the enslavement ceremony and Slave Collar is wrapped around her slim neck.

“Alright, everything is completed.”

Alan gave us a receipt, and we left the Slave Traders.

15