Chapter 51 – Teamwork
702 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up, I realize that the warmth in my arms is Roxanne; I am hugging her tightly.

Our legs entwined, my arms wrapped around her. She had her arms around me as well, her face buried in my chest and her silky hair tickled my chin.

I can feel small arms wrapping me from behind.

The difference in size between the two girls is obvious, large mounds pressed on my chest, squishing mightily; small, supple mounds pressed into my back--both were good in their own way.

Waking up early in the morning with two beautiful women embracing me is really pleasant.

Lying like this, all I can do is enjoy the warmth and scent of women, I can’t move without waking both the girls.

Roxanne’s head moves, tilting up; she looks up at me and blinks blearily--so cute.

“Good morning, Master.” She sounds pleased to see me as she smiles sweetly and kisses my neck a few times and snuggles into my embrace, tightening her arms.

“Good morning, Master.” Sherry’s voice comes from behind me, she releases me, I hear, and feel, her move back a little.

“Ahh, good morning, you two.” I reply to the girls.

I brush my fingers through the soft fur on Roxanne’s back, before releasing her and sitting up.

Sherry is looking at me with flushed cheeks, she smiles as her eyes meet mine.

Neither girls object to me being in the room when they get dressed, Roxanne also seems to make a little show of it; she giggles and shows her body, slowly sliding the clothing on--I never knew that a reverse strip-show could also be good.

Sherry dresses demurely, but she doesn’t hide herself; she is being influenced by Roxanne…not that I’m complaining.

***

Carefully double-checking our gear, and storing some food, we make sure that we are ready to go. Both Roxanne and Sherry make sure that their weapons and armour are prepared, they are making sure that they are safe.

I form the party, inviting both girls and we set off.

***

Early morning, Quratar Dungeon, 3rd Floor.

We emerged from the pitch-black wall, looking around quickly.

“Master, I can’t smell too many people. There are Demons this way, and this way.” Roxanne reports after quickly sniffing the air.

Gone is the playful expression, the overly bright smile--Roxanne is in her hunting mode. Her eyes are sharp, but filled with the joy of the hunt; her tail is twitching.

She is like this when in the Dungeon, she seems a little more primal.

Sherry looks at Roxanne with widened eyes, before tightening her grip on her massive hammer, glancing back at me with questioning eyes. I smile reassuringly and stroke her fluffy hair.

We start walking along one of the corridors that Roxanne pointed to, she is walking slightly in front of us, Excalibur in her hand. Sherry is a little behind her with the large, two-handed hammer in her tiny hand.

I am at the back of the group, because I am currently acting as healer and Magic support, though none of the Demons are strong enough to require my interference.

Stopping at the entrance to the room, there is a Needle Wood standing; it is aimlessly scratching at the floor, drawing what looks like a stick-man.

“I wish to see Sherry’s fighting style. Roxanne, I need you to use the normal iron sword, keeping the Demon’s attention. Sherry, attack the Needle Wood.”

“Yes, Master.” Roxanne murmurs and sheathes Excalibur, accepting the iron sword I took from my inventory and gave to her.

She walks forwards, picking up a small rock and throwing at the Needle Wood’s head.

Sherry follows along, waiting until Roxanne has attracted the Demon’s attention, before running forwards and swinging her massive hammer.

With a clattering noise, Sherry’s hammer impacts the Needle Wood and drives it almost a meter back. The Demon gets enraged, recovering quickly and begins running towards the small girl, arms windmilling.

But Roxanne darts forwards and slashes the Needle Wood a few times, drawing its attention back to her.

Sherry takes the opportunity and strikes it again.

This exchange happens two more times, before the Needle Wood dies.

Very good team work.

Praising the girls, and stroking Roxanne’s ears, I open the ‘Set Party-Member Class’ window.

Unfortunately, Sherry doesn’t have the Master Blacksmith Class available yet.

So, killing a Demon with a hammer-type weapon doesn’t seem to be the condition.

Maybe she needs to have her Villager Class reach Level 5.

Well, her Villager is Lv4.

So one more fight should be sufficient.

“Roxanne, are there nearby Demons?” I ask.

“Yes, Master.” She sniffs a few times, before pointing further down the passage.

“Alright, let’s go.” I smile to the girls.

We set off again.

***

“Use the same tactics as before. I will be ready to step in if needed.” I instruct the girls as we look at the two Green Caterpillars moving around in front of us.

“Yes, Master.”

Both girls respond in unison as they begin their attack.

I keep a close eye on the fight, paying more attention than the first. I am curious as to if Roxanne can keep the attention of two Demons long enough for Sherry to kill them.

The fight concluded quickly, Roxanne did very well, not a single hit landing on either her or Sherry; and Sherry’s damage was impressive with the massive hammer--the way she quickly swung the weapon that was almost as large as she was…it struck me as strangely adorable.

Even though I had changed her Class from Lv10 Explorer to Lv4 Villager, and informed her beforehand, her damage hadn’t noticeably decreased.

After the fight, she reached Villager Lv5.

When I check her available Classes:

Available Classes:

Villager - Lv5, Explorer - Lv10, Herbalist - Lv1, Soldier - Lv1, Merchant - Lv1, Shrine Maiden - Lv1

Unfortunately, she hadn’t unlocked Master Blacksmith.

But, we continue.

 

***

On the 5th Floor, we run into a group of 3 Demons.

Unfortunately, Roxanne can’t keep the attention of all 3 at the same time, Sherry receives an attack.

I quickly cast Minor Heal on her, “Are you alright?”

“Yes master. I have fought on the 5th Floor of a Dungeon before, though not Quratar.” Sherry responds, not turning to me, as she smashes the offending Demon.

“Sorry Master--sorry Sherry.” Roxanne responds without breaking her rhythm.

After checking with the girls, we move to the 6th Floor, though that will be our limit.

Roxanne has offered before to get hit so I can practice healing--but I wouldn’t allow her to deliberately hurt her self for that. But, if we are fighting normally like this, I will get the chance to improve it naturally.

“Sherry, speaking of which.” I wasn’t too sure how to bring up the questions, I didn’t want to lower the mood, “You said that it is impossible to become a Master Blacksmith if your Explorer Class is over level 10--but for a single exception. What is it?”

“The Temple of Elen.” She looked back at me with a questioning look.

“Master, unlike the Guilds, which can only assign corresponding Classes, the Temple of Elen can have their Oracle assign any Class. The person then gets to choose which Class they want out of a massive list.” Roxanne explains.

“Ahh, I see. Thank you.”

So, the effect is similar to my Set Party-Member Class Special Skill--it is unlikely to unlock Master Blacksmith; but I might try it out when we run out of ideas.

“The First Emperor’s Class, Hero, was given to him by the Temple of Elen.” Sherry pipes up, an expression of admiration on her face when she mentions the First Emperor.

Hmm, maybe I can level up my Hero Class there?

I think we should check out this Temple.

16